• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Minish Cap Missing Information in 100% Guide

Sup all.

So, I am a huge completionist in every video game I play and I absolutely have to get 100% completion in every game I play. I normally use Mr. Shotgun's guides on Gamefaqs, because they are very complete and detailed when it comes to getting every item and upgrade in the game (Only stuff he seems to have missed, either by error or by design), are the lure upgrades in Twilight Princess and the Giant Knife in Ocarina of Time. zhowever, he sadly no longer writes guides so I have to rely on somewhere else for my guide needs. There is no way I am spending money on any official guide (only do that for RPGs and GTA games), so I decided to come here, believing that a fansite such as this would have excellently written guides that would guide me through the games Mr. Shotgun has not written a walkthrough for yet (and probably will not). One such game was The Minish Cap. I glanced over the 100% guide on this site to see if it did indeed acquire the player every possible collectible in the game, and was a bit saddened to see this was not the case. Both the Golden Tingle statue and the Sound Test are not mentioned anywhere in the guide from what I can tell (I did a quick ctrl+f throughout each section). I really wish this information would be added to the walkthrough to make it more complete and actually be a 100% completion walkthrough.

I am also concerned about relying on other walkthroughs on this site that claim 100% completion if the first guide I skimmed through does not in fact tell the player how to get everything in the game (More specifically, the guides for The Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword). Does anybody here know of anything in either of those guides that is a unique collectible (chests that have generic rewards like rupees are also important, but if they aren't mentioned, I can live without it.) that is not mentioned in those guides?

General Skel

Stalfos!!!
One such game was The Minish Cap. I glanced over the 100% guide on this site to see if it did indeed acquire the player every possible collectible in the game, and was a bit saddened to see this was not the case. Both the Golden Tingle statue and the Sound Test are not mentioned anywhere in the guide from what I can tell (I did a quick ctrl+f throughout each section).

From my knowledge, not every walkthrough is finished. he guide for ALTTP just has a long list with a picture for each square that says what to do. For the longest time, the Oracle walkthroughs just had "do this, do that, do this, go here, step on that....". Not everything will be completed right away. It takes time to go through the games, find things and put them in the best order. Then go through it again and make sure everything is covered. So if something is missing, it could be only temporary.

I'm sure you could message Mases or Caleb and tell them what's missing and I'm sure they will understand and add the missing information when they get the chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom