• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U Missing a Single Treasure Chest

17wjzb.jpg

I've always been pretty confident that I've gotten all the treasure chests in TP in my playthroughs of older versions, but this time I actually decided to check, and I found out I was missing one according to the above map (there's also a few grottoes in Eldin Field with chests that are not shown on the map, which I found out about because they were replaced by stamps).

If it's below the bridge, then I'm pretty sure it'd had to be in a random place underwater in Lake Hylia (which would be just plain evil of them), but I'm pretty sure I see nothing in that area. If it's on top, then it seems to be somewhere on the north end of the bridge, but I don't see any vines or clawshot targets or anything...

Bottom Line: Where is the chest shown in the image and how do you get it?

Last edited:

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
17wjzb.jpg

I've always been pretty confident that I've gotten all the treasure chests in TP in my playthroughs of older versions, but this time I actually decided to check, and I found out I was missing one according to the above map (there's also a few grottoes in Eldin Field with chests that are not shown on the map, which I found out about because they were replaced by stamps).

If it's below the bridge, then I'm pretty sure it'd had to be in a random place underwater in Lake Hylia (which would be just plain evil of them), but I'm pretty sure I see nothing in that area. If it's on top, then it seems to be somewhere on the north end of the bridge, but I don't see any vines or clawshot targets or anything...

Bottom Line: Where is the chest shown in the image and how do you get it?

That appears to be north side of the lake if so i'd say fabio cucco game is likely best bet. In fact i'd be positive. it appears to be sitting under water at the lip of the waterfall in lake hylia, so yes the Cucco game is likely the best attempt (make sure to iron boot beofre contact with the water as you'll be swept away).

Another method is going to the boat ride minigame and following the river from there it will take you through the caves and right out at the top of lake hylia.

The waterfall is on the far west of Lake Hylia, but the chest is directly north of Lakebed Temple according to the map, but there appears to be nothing there (neither under or above the water). I tried your waterfall idea anyway, but the Cuccoo minigame wasn't even close to reaching it (using the boat ride minigame doesn't help either). Have you ever found a chest on the waterfall or was that just a guess? It's still possible that the chest is above the bridge (and therefore not in Lake Hylia at all), but like I said, I don't see anything there either.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The waterfall is on the far west of Lake Hylia, but the chest is directly north of Lakebed Temple according to the map, but there appears to be nothing there (neither under or above the water). I tried your waterfall idea anyway, but the Cuccoo minigame wasn't even close to reaching it (using the boat ride minigame doesn't help either). Have you ever found a chest on the waterfall or was that just a guess? It's still possible that the chest is above the bridge (and therefore not in Lake Hylia at all), but like I said, I don't see anything there either.

The treasure chest is under water. When you warp to Lake Hylia, go south and jump in the water. There you'll should find a treasure chest.

The treasure chest is under water. When you warp to Lake Hylia, go south and jump in the water. There you'll should find a treasure chest.
I have that one, but either way, the treasure chest I circled is not near the portal.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I have that one, but either way, the treasure chest I circled is not near the portal.
You should play the Cuccoo flight game. After you start flying, make a U turn to the right (or left, I forgot :P ) and then you'll see a cove. There is a poe over there plus you can dig as wolf and defeat all enemies and a treasure chest pops up. And did you get the chests where you meet the spirit? You can clawshot yourself up and on both sides is a treasure chest.

You should play the Cuccoo flight game. After you start flying, make a U turn to the right (or left, I forgot :P ) and then you'll see a cove. There is a poe over there plus you can dig as wolf and defeat all enemies and a treasure chest pops up. And did you get the chests where you meet the spirit? You can clawshot yourself up and on both sides is a treasure chest.
I already have those too. The chest I circled is north of the Lakebed Temple, but that's in a random spot in the lake and there's nothing underwater there. It also happens to be directly under the bridge, so it could be that it's actually above the bridge (on the north part) but I don't see anything there. I'm starting to think this guide is just wrong because nobody knows what it could be, and I can't find any comprehensive treasure chest guides anywhere. It doesn't matter much, but it would be nice to know after all this.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I already have those too. The chest I circled is north of the Lakebed Temple, but that's in a random spot in the lake and there's nothing underwater there. It also happens to be directly under the bridge, so it could be that it's actually above the bridge (on the north part) but I don't see anything there. I'm starting to think this guide is just wrong because nobody knows what it could be, and I can't find any comprehensive treasure chest guides anywhere. It doesn't matter much, but it would be nice to know after all this.
Did you try to hookshot yourself up on the bridge? I assume this is the great bridge of Hylia right? You can hookshot yourself up to the bridge from the site where you enter if you come from castle Town. Hookshot yourself up and then you have to use your arms to go from left to right. There is a chest there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom