• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Minor Things You Do NOT Want in the Game

I for one am tired of sidekick characters that follow Link around constantly. I'm not saying I hate characters like Fi, Ezlo, Midna and Navi or the roles they play in their respective games. In fact, Link's partners are among my favorite characters in the games. I don't really find any of them annoying either, which is a common complaint among many fans. It's just that the whole concept of sidekicks in Zelda has been done to death.

For once I want a 3D Zelda game where Link is on his own while exploring dungeons and battling enemies. The closest we've gotten to this is Wind Waker, where The King of Red Lions is only with Link on the open seas. I don't see why they can't take the extra step of eliminating the hovering companion presence altogether.

The original Legend of Zelda, along with a number of the other older 2D games, showed that Link doesn't need a constant voice by his side nagging him on his quest. I understand Nintendo needs to incorporate a hint system some how, but there has to be a way to accomplish this without adding a complete separate character to the mix.

----------------

On an unrelated note, I could do without an instrument in the next game. The past few ones, such as the harp in Skyward Sword and pan flute in Spirit tracks, have felt really unnecessary. I don't see how Nintendo can make the concept of an instrument in Zelda creative again after it's been done to death in every 3D game since Ocarina of Time. Instead of forcing one in for the sake of tradition, it's best to leave the instrument out of next game entirely.

----------------

I also think Nintendo should take a break from the wacky modes of transportation, like boats, trains and flying birds. Not every Zelda game needs to be defined by how Link traverses the over world.

---------------

Finally, and I know I'm going to get flak for this, but I wouldn't mind Nintendo not including Gorons in the next game. Don't get me wrong, I love the big guys as much as any Zelda fan. They're probably the series most iconic race. But maybe they've become a little too iconic in recent years. They've been included in almost every Zelda game since they were introduced, and I can't help but feel that the weight of their presence has diminish with each successive appearance. They're almost beginning to feel like filler, something Nintendo puts in just to take up space in the game's narrative. Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were probably the most blatant example of this, where the Gorons were pretty unmemorable.

I just think it's about time Nintendo started showing some of its other races, such as the Zoras, Kokiri, and Gerudo, more love.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom