• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Minish Cap or Skyward Sword?

S

shane71998

I've pretty much made a perfect timeline, but one thing baffles me:S, MC has the origins of the green cap, but SS has the origins of hyrule and the master sword, I haven't played MC but i know it takes place in hyrule, it doesn't have the master sword either WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
I think SS will come first, because if memory serves me correct, Link was in Hyrule in TMC, but discovers it in SS. As to the hat, that's absurd. A hat should not symbolize the beginning of a timeline. I honestly think that's ********.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Welcome to ZD, Shane. I look forward to reading about your timeline.

The Master Sword is obviouly more important than Link's cap, so it should take precedence when constructing a timeline. I'm pretty sure MC is no longer considered by the developers to be first. During its development, it was supposed to explain the origin of the MS just like SS is now. Fujibayashi (developer for both MC and SS) specifically asked his game designer for a talking hat,* so he probably did consider the hat an important timeline indicator at the time. However, the MS was not included in the final game (replaced by the FS), implications that it was "Link's first adventure" were removed between versions, ST seemed to be an attempt to pull it to the AT by using similar themes, and now SS is going to make it even more difficult for MC to remain before OoT.

NP: Ezlo is one of the most original characters ever to emerge in the Zelda universe. How did you come up with the idea of fusing a hat with a bird?
HF: I wanted to have a speaking hat, not a hat with a bird. Based upon my request, the character designer needed a very difficult long time to achieve the final form. The design of Ezlo fulfilled my needs - it has a good sense of existence on the GBA screen and is flexible to dynamic action and moves.
source
I don't think it's quite as absurd as you say penguinboy (though I admit I used to before I found this quote). But as I said, it certainly should not be stressed as much as the Master Sword.

Jedizora

:right:
I've always thought that MC comes first, and until I play SS I shall not be convinced otherwise. Also what do you mean about ST having stuff that draws MC to the adult timeline?

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
There are already many, many threads identical to this. Please use the search function in advance to search for similar threads before creating a new one.

Minish Cap because if Skyward Sword which explains and gives hyrule the master sword, dont you think link in MC would have used the master swor

T Edoc

Made AluminiumMasterSword
Romani Ranch, Termina (Hopefully...*sigh*)
I already read somewhere Myamoto (creator of Legend of Zelda) stating Minish Cap occurs before Ocarina of Time. But of course, they already happened to state things they denied afterwards. I guess Locke is right, their attempts in creating a game change through the creation of it, though maybe the creators still talk of beta elements when they're in interview.

The legend at the beginning of the game (The Minish Cap) has interresting things to tell us :

A long long time ago...
When the world was on the verge of being swallowed by shadow...
The tiny Picori appeared from the sky, bringing the hero of men a sword
and a golden light.
With wisdom and courage, the hero drove out the darkness.
When peace has been restored, the people enshrined that blade with care.

It is to be noted that the sword in question had a blue-purple hilt. I don't know what they meant to do with that game, but...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom