• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Minish Cap NOT the First Game?

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
I just tought about something.

In MC, in the legend they are referring to the Hero of the Humans, right? Correct me if I'm wrong (I have not played the game), but I think that MC could take place on the Child Timeline. Why? Because on the CT, Link in OOT has never been the Hero of Time. Adult Link was, but not Young Link.

What do you think of that?

but the hero can't have a hat. in the stainglass window it shows the hero without a hat. and before people say that the tunic says otherwise, if you look closely swiftblade the 1st has a tunic on that is the same style. and since he is a gosht his clothes turn gray with him so i believe that he is the hero and that MC is first on the timeline.

EDIT: also the person in the stainglass has very long hair like swiftblade the 1st

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
From the small part just after the credits, i'm near certain MC was the first.

Obviously there will always be credible logic to argue it, but oh wells.

Octo Rocked

Dr. Octorokapus BLAAAAAH!
Minish cap can't come first anyway. OoT's backstory starts with Hyrule's creation, the Triforce left behind, and then a war over the Triforce, during which Link ended up in Kokiri forest. No matter where Minish Cap falls, OoT has to be before it, since Hyrule was created shortly before OoT, and, as Minish Cap takes place in Hyrule, the only way it could be first is if there were two Links co-existing at the same time.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Minish cap can't come first anyway. OoT's backstory starts with Hyrule's creation, the Triforce left behind, and then a war over the Triforce, during which Link ended up in Kokiri forest. No matter where Minish Cap falls, OoT has to be before it, since Hyrule was created shortly before OoT, and, as Minish Cap takes place in Hyrule, the only way it could be first is if there were two Links co-existing at the same time.

No where in OoT does it say that Hyrule was created shortly before OoT. All it is is a legend of how Hyrule came to be. Just because the story is told does not mean that it comes shortly before. Based on the technology, traditions of the people and advancement of the other races in the game, I would say that there are hundreds/thousands of years between the creation of Hyrule and OoT. Also, for all you know a war over the Triforce could have started after MC. If you didn't know this, the Triforce is never mentioned in MC (unless you're an easter egg lover). I would bet money that this is because not many people actually know what the Triforce is. It could just be seen as a symbol of the royal family. Maybe sometime after MC the true nature of the Triforce was revealed and that caused a war to break loose to try and capture it. Thus leading into OoT.

Of course that is all theory, but there is literally no evidence to support that OoT takes place shortly after the actual creation of Hyrule.

Octo Rocked

Dr. Octorokapus BLAAAAAH!
Still, to those using the whole "MC is first because that's where Link gets his hat" argument, OoT explains where Link got his green wardrobe in the first place. Those clothes he wears? All the Kokiri wear them.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
But there is no proof that the Kokiri started the green hat and tunic trend. Just because they wear it does not make them the first to ever wear it. Here are a couple theories I have come up with.

1. The Piccori actually become the Kokiri by some means. I have more to expand on that but this isn't the thread for that.

2. The Piccori who happen to be stationed in the forest and mainly reside in the forest and only show themselves to kids met up with the Kokiri who are a race of children who live in the forest and the Piccori told the Kokiri of their hero (MC Link) and the Kokiri are so amazed by this hero that they fashion themselves in his image.

There is no quote in OoT that says that the Kokiri are the original beholders of the green hat and tunic. They could have easily gotten the design from their clothing from a past hero. Also notice that the Kokiri and the Piccori wear very similarly designed tunics with the jagged bottoms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom