• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Minish Cap Backstory?

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Now i know TMC was developed by Capcom, but with the release of Hyrule Historia, we now know a lot more about eras and such in Hyrule. So the Minish Cap intro confuses me for a few reasons.

[video=youtube;45UmmCMASWs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45UmmCMASWs[/video]

1. What is this supposed Golden Light? One would assume it was the Triforce but this wouldn't make sense, the Triforce was already on the surface... Where did this light go? Should we ignore it?

2. The Picori Blade. Where is it from? Who made it? blahbkahbaksbdhjk

3. It says long before te events of the Minish Cap, the world was on th verge of being swalloed by shadow. When was this? It must've been aftr SS seeing as if it was referring to the battle with Hylia, that wouldn't make sense.

In short, We need more of a backstory IMO. Maybea prequel to TMC? We need explanations and maye a new game explaining th Hero of Men story??? Anyone agree? No?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
1.i always kinda assumed it was the triforce of wisdom b/c of how its suppose to be within zelda or something,bt i don't know
2.who knows,but one thing's clear:it ISN'T the master sword [and ocarinahero10 is an imbecile]
3.yeah i would say this would be sometime after skyward,this being before or during doesn't make sense

what i want to know is,if skyward sword was suppose to predate minish cap,why didn't they do a better job at telling the story!?

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
1. The power of the Goddess Hylia.

2. It is very uncertain to say. We can assume it is the Master Sword from SS in which Demise (who is pure evil) is imprisioned, and in MC pure evil was released from the sword. Mere speculation though.

3. The events of SS are perfect. Demise was resurrected, meaning he couldve easily taken over the world. He was close to, at the verge to, but he was stopped.

And remember this series is a LEGEND. Legends change depending who tells them. As Fi said in SS to tell stories orally is the worst way to maintain the story true to its reality.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
1)I assume the golden light to be the Light Force...

2) The Minish made it? The Four Sword and the Master Sword, I think, are two totally separate blades.

3) I would say it occured after SS as well, but like Verto said, Fi maintains that oral traditions are teh worst way to get the truth of the matter.

Fig

The Altruist
This thread is more of a theory. If so, then this should be placed in the Zelda Theory section. Let me try to answer your questions of how I see it. Please respect my thoughts on this subject. Let's begin:

1. The Golden Light could be the Triforce since SS Link came to The Surface, bringing the complete Triforce in him before when battling against Demise. It is possible that the people at that era referred the Triforce as the Golden Force/Golden Light.

2. The backstory mentions that the Picori came from the sky, bringing The Hero of Men (Link for this matter) a sword. The Picori were probably the origins of the sword since it has "Picori" in The Picori Sword! :P This sword came from the sky. The Picori created their own sacred sword only to be wielded by a chosen hero (Link).

3. This is probably Demise that the backstory is talking about now that Skyward Sword is out. It makes sense since Demise and his forces were wreaking havoc throughout The Surface. They would have succeeded too if it weren't for Link and Zelda following their chosen destinies in Skyward Sword.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
This thread is more of a theory. If so, then this should be placed in the Zelda Theory section. Let me try to answer your questions of how I see it. Please respect my thoughts on this subject. Let's begin:

1. The Golden Light could be the Triforce since SS Link came to The Surface, bringing the complete Triforce in him before when battling against Demise. It is possible that the people at that era referred the Triforce as the Golden Force/Golden Light.

2. The backstory mentions that the Picori came from the sky, bringing The Hero of Men (Link for this matter) a sword. The Picori were probably the origins of the sword since it has "Picori" in The Picori Sword! :P This sword came from the sky. The Picori created their own sacred sword only to be wielded by a chosen hero (Link).

3. This is probably Demise that the backstory is talking about now that Skyward Sword is out. It makes sense since Demise and his forces were wreaking havoc throughout The Surface. They would have succeeded too if it weren't for Link and Zelda following their chosen destinies in Skyward Sword.

It's not a theory I didn't mean to make it sound that way. In my original post i wasn't answering my own questions, i was just wondering and contemplating possible answers.

How could it be the Demise story though? Because in TMC into it says the world was on the verge blahblahblah and then the picori came down and gave the picori blade to the hero which he used to save everyone. This would imply that the sword used to defeat demise was the sword brought down by the picori (the picori blade). But that's not so, the master sword was what defeated Demise. These two im pretty sure aren't the same sword

1. What is this supposed Golden Light? One would assume it was the Triforce but this wouldn't make sense, the Triforce was already on the surface... Where did this light go? Should we ignore it?

I think it's safe to assume this is either the Light Force alluded to in ST and SS or the Triforce. While the Triforce did make it's way down to the surface you have to recall that it was guarded u in Sky Keep to prevent Demise from laying hands on it. Seeing as how the blade in the introduction video appears to be the Master Sword which was thoughtfully laid to rest in the Sealed temple, it would logical stem that the golden light is the Triforce.

2. The Picori Blade. Where is it from? Who made it?

The Picori Blade is the Master Sword. I'm sure of it. No where is it mentioned the Hero of Men's size and despite the weapon's name, it is bound in a regular sized chest as the events of tan earlyscene in The Minish Cap with Vaati illustrate.

3. It says long before te events of the Minish Cap, the world was on th verge of being swalloed by shadow. When was this? It must've been aftr SS seeing as if it was referring to the battle with Hylia, that wouldn't make sense.

I see no reason the intro couldn't have alluded to SS. As confirmed by the Hyrule Historia, TMC is the second game on the timeline. What more proof do you need? That said, an Era of Chaos did ensure following the events of Skyward Sword wherein the Sacred Realm was sealed. Its possible these creatures were remnants of Demise's forces. The beast in the video does resemble a Bokoblin after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom