• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Minish Cap Adventure

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I’m about to embark on an adventure with Link. I’m gonna give Minish Cap a try. I was just wondering if there are any tips or things I should watch out for that could really slow my progress. This would be the 4th Zelda game I try, for I have played WW and bits of TP and SS. Thx in advance for any tips/advice.

Figurines and Kinstones are ultimately fluff; don't invest too much time in completing them. The game is linear so remember that exploring areas before they become relevant may not yield progress-related results (but they can lead to great experiences nonetheless). Savor the dungeons while you play them, they are some of the best in the series.

2D is pretty different then 3D, but the bones are the same: enjoy the magic while you're playing, soak yourself in the world, be courageous, have fun!

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Figurines and Kinstones are ultimately fluff; don't invest too much time in completing them. The game is linear so remember that exploring areas before they become relevant may not yield progress-related results (but they can lead to great experiences nonetheless). Savor the dungeons while you play them, they are some of the best in the series.

2D is pretty different then 3D, but the bones are the same: enjoy the magic while you're playing, soak yourself in the world, be courageous, have f
minish cap actually gets kinda difficult towards the end, so be ready for that
Ignore the first quote, I somehow inserted it twice and couldn't find a way to remove it. Anyway, I'll try to be ready for it. I don't like it when games get extremely difficult that make people rage. Thanks for the heads up, btw.

2D is pretty different then 3D, but the bones are the same: enjoy the magic while you're playing, soak yourself in the world, be courageous, have fun!
Ok, thanks you. I will surely take it slow and enjoy the adventure/dungeons. I'll just get into my WW mood, which was me enjoying that game while playing it.

Also, I totally have been forgetting that I actually played the N64 Title, Ocarina of Time, so this would be my 5th Zelda game. :)

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
The figurines are an important point. DON'T COLLECT THEM. The Minish Cap is at the top of every list of Worst Zelda Quests due to the random nature of collecting, the high number, the high rupee cost, the extreme length, and the puny reward. Yes, it beats out the Korok poo on every list, it is a nightmare.

Also, depending on what console you're using to play it, there are several quality of life improvements you could make. For instance, if you have the physical cartridge, the original Game Boy Advance is more comfortable to play than the SP (with adequate light or ips screen replacement) if you have the cart, you probably have money to burn so the you could throw it in a game boy player and use Swiss to tweak the play to your liking. Swiss would also be useful for the game boy interface which will allow you to cut down on the horrible input lag provided you run the game on a CRT. The setup gets a bit more expensive if you're looking for comfort considering you should never use a GBP with the Game Cube controller as the D-pad sucks. You'd need to grab a hori pad or solder a SNES controller to the Game Cube controller innards. I believe Minish Cap also has stereo to which the GBP will give you full access.

If you're using an e̶m̶- sorry, a COMPUTER, you'll have access to a part of the same things, but there's still a matter of getting a decent gamepad hooked up to it that is compatible with your computer software. You're likely playing on a switch and if so, you want to plan handheld mode since that's as close as you'll get to authentic. But if you're really die, hard committed and money is no object, they're really truly is only one way to play The Minish Cap correctly. Game Boy Micro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom