• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Minish based from a real tale?

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
now i was watching an anime and the sentence "korobokkuru" came up.
the meaning/explaination in the anime was: little people under leaves from ainu ledgends.

so first thing what came in my mind was minish cap.

so i was curious about it so i tried to search some info on wikipedia.
here is the link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korobokkuru

this is not the first time that real life things from other cultures popped up in zelda games.
but still this is quite suprising.
so what do you guys think about this?

Kybyrian

Interesting. It seems that these Korobokkuru you speak of have had some influences on other games. They could have had some sort of influence on The Minish Cap. For sure I don't know. This is pretty interesting though, as I already said. :P

Yeah, very interesting find Oni. It's very possible that the Korobokkuru influenced the Minish. And the Minish even disappear, like the Korobokkuru did, though they come back every century.

linkman8

True and Noble
I would say that's pretty interesting, perhaps playing a slight role in the Minish's creation. Perhaps they were influenced by Korobokkuru, but I wonder if Nintendo would admit to it?

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Very interesting. Besides, linkman8, Nintendo doesn't really fess up anything; unless it is a press release about a new game or console. They try to tell very little, and tell people at the last second, or make the game/console vaporware (VirtualBoy, anyone)

kpllk

The future pro yoyoer
Maybe there are more games like the minish cap inspired by that...is that real or is it an old legend or something.
I said pretty much the same thing Kybyrian did.

Kybyrian

Like I said, kpllk, there are a few more games inspired by the korobokkuru according to the article that Onilink posted.

Kybyrian

The Square Enix video game Seiken Densetsu 3 has a race of really small creatures called "Korobockles".

The Natsume video game Harvest Moon DS is called Bokujou Monogatari: Colobocle Station in Japan. Like other games in the Harvest Moon series, it features tiny people who help out around the farm (called "harvest sprites" in the English version).

In the video game Ōkami, a tiny people known as "poncles" (from Ainu pon-kur "small person") live underground in the small city of Ponctan (from Ainu pon-kotan "small village"). The city is located in the territory of a tribe known as the "Oina" (a reference to the Ainu people). The territory is "Kamui", which is the Ainu word for god. Issun (named for the Japanese fairy tale character One-inch boy), who travels with the protagonist throughout the game, is one of these poncles.

In Manga:

In the manga Shaman King the koropokkur ("minutians" in the English version) are depicted as a race of tiny spirit creatures which are influential to the background of the teenage Ainu shaman Horohoro. A particular koropokkur—named Kororo (Corey, in English)—accompanies Horohoro as his guardian spirit.

And if you look at the Wikipedia article that Oni posted, you would know this. Also, koropokkur is another name for the Korobokkuru

kpllk

The future pro yoyoer
I didn't really understand any of that. Most of it was in a different languige I think. Can you reapete it in complete english please.

Kybyrian

Erm, those were copied straight from Wikipedia.

But all that it's saying is:

Seiken Densetsu 3 has a bunch of really little people called "Korobockles".

In Harvest Moon there are tiny people who help around the farm called harvest sprites that resemble Korobokkuru.

In the game Ōkami there are little people called poncles resemble Korobokkuru.

In the Manga The Shaman King there are koropokkur, which is another name for the Korobokkuru.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom