• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Minecraft RP

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
((SUs are open still.))

Evangeline, known as Evan or Nightrain, grins as she slips back to the woods, away from Nightstar, the city she had showed up human by.

It was strange... she was an Enderman, last she knew, then she was human when she had tried to near the city. The good thing is that monsters stayed clear of her, sensing she was one of them, but with a different guise.

She toys with the sword she had stolen, a fine weapon, made of iron. She knows she'll never be able to steal a pickaxe, since those were in such high demand. The humans loved the mining... but she had heard from her fellow monsters that they were getting too greedy. She looks at the moon, ever shining, and shakes her head, then sits beneath a tree and thinks.

thegreenrobby

#1 Producer of Mind Screw
((OK, I found the thread. Hello! Gimme a sec while I try and think how I want to start my story.))

Clambering out of his cave, he looked up over the horizon. Nightstar was as big as ever.
He looked for just a moment, before heading up for the trip. It was time for the nightly city raid.
Nightstar had always kept themselves well lit. That doesn't mean they weren't vulnerable, but they were still well safe with how they strategized their defenses.
He called for his zombie brethren as he walked, making sure to amass a small army as he went along. With the well-trained eyes of the town guard, a single man could easily take down a zombie coming at him from each cardinal direction at the same time. So, needless to say, there was safety in numbers when it came to the zombie raids.
He was currently in the outskirts of the town - just a few small houses, save the wrought-iron guard tower - with around a baker's dozen of his undead allies. They split up almost at once. Three went to one house, three to another, three to the one next to that. The remaining zombies (about five, one of them being him) charged up to the guard tower. He took the lead and began pounding on the door.
THUD!
THUD!

"Mikel! We've got ZOMBIES!"
This confused him. That was human speech.
THUD!
"One second, putting on my armor!"
He... he could understand it. Somehow.
"You don't HAVE one second! People could be dying out there!"
THUD!
THUD!
He could tell that the door was almost completely broken through.
Two figures started racing down a set of stairs, clad in iron. One of them looks you in the eyes.
"There's a KID out there!" he shouts."
He looks back at his partner, who race up to the door, swords gripped firmly in their arms.
((Part 2 to this story to come later.
So, If I understand this right, we're only human when we're NEAR the city? I thought it was that we were stuck this way, no matter what we did, until we could find the solution. I wasn't sure, so I'm writing my piece to have it make sense in both cases, since he doesn't realize that he's a human until after he's in the city boundary.))

Last edited:

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
((They turn human near the city and then they're stuck as human.))

Evan watches the raid, then watches as one turns human. She stands and dashes down, debating using her Ender Pearl, which was set in a ring, but decided against it. She enters the city softly.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Carl had been living in the city for quote a while as he had already experienced being turned into a human. When it first happened he wasn't quite sure how he felt about it. The people of Nightstar had found him in a crater and thought he had been chased by a creeper, never thinking he was one. They took him to the city and gave him a house. As a repayment, he got to supply their explosives and could make all the explosions he wanted, making sure nothing in the city was harmed. They had enough supplies for him to build things to blow up, and each explosion felt amazing.

Hearing it was time for the nightly raid by Zombies, Carl took a look outside. They had never bothered him, somehow able to sense what he really was, so he didn't bother with them. But, what was up with that one by the watch tower? He walked outside and towards the watch tower to investigate.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
She feels a prickling sensation on the back of her neck. She looks around and her eyes find Carl. Her eyes narrow and she makes her way to him.

thegreenrobby

((I figured I'm better at writing in first person. Hope you don't mind the change.))
What happened next was a blur for me when the two guards sprang into action.
Before I knew what was happening, I was grappled by the arm and yanked into the house, stumbling all the way, and it wasn't long before my feet couldn't keep up with my sudden motion and I face-planted into the quartz floor. Ouch!
The pain was felt alongside surprise, some at the fact that I was just pulled into a house, but mostly because I felt pain. Pain! Since when does a zombie feel pain?! And how did I know that's what pain was?
I quickly scrambled to my feet, ready to take on the guards. One was at the doorframe, slashing down my fellow incoming zombies. The other was digging through a chest in the corner of the room for who-knows-what? Well, I did, but not until after he pulled out his expected items. Door in one hand, and a golden apple in the other.
My glance shifted back over to the other guard, who was now working his way out to the other nearby building under siege.
"Here, kid. You don't look too well. Catch!" I looked back at the voice only to find a face full of yellow. And more pain. Yes, it was definitely pain. The apple hit the floor and rolled under a pressure-plate table."Man, you've got the reflexes of a drunken statue," he snorted.
I went to go pick it up, when I began thinking. "Why are they being... kind to me? I mean, both of them have turned their backs to me more than once, and this one is offering me a golden apple!" I held the shiny foodstuff in my hand. I was a bit disgusted. It wasn't brains.
"These guards must be the crazy ones." A face made itself apparent in the reflection, but it was not one I knew. It was one of a human.
"Maybe I'm the crazy one!"
All at once, it made sense. Pain.
The way the guards treated me.
The apple.
The reflection.
I was human. Somehow.
"Hey, can you even speak?" said the guard who force-offered me the apple. "Do you have a name?" I looked up to him. He was replacing the damaged door with the new one from the chest.
"Zachary." I came up with the name on the fly. Even though it made sense, it was still came to me as a shock that I knew how to speak the Human language.
"So, Zachary. If you aren't going to eat the golden apple, I'm going to take it back. They're hard to come by." Despite my better judgement, I bit into the gilded fruit. I'm immediately regretted having second thoughts.
All at once, I could feel a surge of life run through me. The power shot through my neck and quickly spread down my arms and legs. All at once, the sweetness of the apple made me feel the liveliest I've ever been. That wasn't much, considering my lifestyle, but the remarkableness of the taste would be otherwise hard to describe.
I took another bite. And another. I felt like I was walking on air, even after I had finished off this unique-tasting delicacy. He looked to the guard.
"Thank you," I muttered. I felt like I was betraying my own kind, by not only not attacking them, but by speaking respectfully to them. Speaking Human was difficult, yet natural all the same. A strange sensation indeed. "Go help your friend," I added. He quickly ran to the door.
I looked out the window, watching the gore occur. It wasn't anything I wasn't used to, but it was uncomforting to watch and not be attacking.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
Evan dashed past a house, and got the same prickling sensation as she passed it. She looked over, and her bright, almost glowing violet eyes met the zombie-now-human's eyes. She froze and slipped into the shadows, becoming invisible in the darkness.

Libk

Carl got up to the watch tower and pulled out his own stone sword. Not as great as it could be but it was better than having nothing. That and he wasnt allowed to use explosives so close to building. If he had it his way, he would just blow them all up. It would be do great. The sound of the explosion, their voices of death, their bodies gone, he smiled and swung his sword like crazy, really showing how crazy he was. At least his crazy was to help the people.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
Evangeline appears out of the shadows by the watch tower. "Hey, you!" She calls to the boy in green, now with a sword. Her voice is soft, but it carries, like a gentle breeze... or clouds covering the sun, soft and dark, and lovely all at the same time.

Libk

He turned around when he heard someone call out to, so it seemed, him. "Eh? who's there?" He replied to the voice. He kept swinging his sword while he looked for the voices source, still helping the humans in the tower.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
"Down here." She hisses, in the shadows below the tower, the humans not paying her voice any attention. "I know what you are."

thegreenrobby

I was left by myself. I was just a zombie in a hoard what I thought was just minutes ago, and now I'm within the tower of their elite guard sanctuary system.
I was there for what felt like an hour, sitting in the room, deep in thought of what to do next. The guards had insisted I stay until morning, so I decided to idle my time by rummaging through the chest.
I found a variety of useless junk. There were a few things that caught my eye, though. I picked up an iron helmet.
It fit on my head way too loose. I grabbed it by the nosepiece and spun it around, being both fascinated and nauseated flashing patterns of light. It provided a little bit of amusement, but not for long. I wanted to keep lunch down - and especially didn't want the guards to see what he'd been eating lately. I quickly took it off and put it back in the chest.
((I'm waiting for you guys to interact with my character. Just so you know. I'll keep posting some idle stuff every now and then until you do so.))

thegreenrobby

((He could have seen Evan when she passed by, and gone to investigate.))
((Well, he was told to stay put by the guards (though I didn't actually roleplay that bit like I wanted to) and, considering he's too confused about being human, he's a little more suggestible than normal. I don't see him as Attention-Deficit enough to wander off against direct orders.))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom