• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mikau's Death

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
A simple one, brought on while reading the most recent "A Terrible Fate".
In Majora's Mask, Mikau dies right in front of Link. It doesn't matter what day Link gets there, or what hour. Mikau doesn't fall from the ship until after Link reaches the beach.
My theory? The reason he's knocked off is because he notices someone on the beach. This takes some of his attention away from the fight; enough for him to be mortally wounded. If Link doesn't show, then instead he is destined to fight the pirates all three days until they're destroyed by the moon.
Any questions? Agreements? Disagreements? Trolls?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
You are aware that mangas or whatevers are not cannon. Mikau was found floating in the water we've also seen that the gerudo do not have very large boats in this game, only able to hold a few people at a time. The fact Mikau was found floating in the water leads me to think it was either the Bay itself that killed him due to the temperature change or he tried to get into the fortress and failed. The way his body is found floating from the side nearest to Zora Hall leads me to the conclusion it was more likely the temperature change of the bay that killed him. Yea we see Link swimming through it as a Zora but he is inherently human and able to deal with a variety of climate changes, more so than the Zoras, his spirit has been strengthened by it and thus he isn't affected as much by the change in temperature of the bay.

I hope MM3D goes into more detail on mikau and the deku childs deaths. I want to know for certain what happened to both. Darmani died on his way to Snowhead Temple blown into the chasm outside the Temple by the guardian. But no one knows for certain what created the deku mask, we all suspect that deku tree the Butler is crying over in the end credits, and i want to see how exactly Mikau got into his position.

You are aware that mangas or whatevers are not cannon. Mikau was found floating in the water we've also seen that the gerudo do not have very large boats in this game, only able to hold a few people at a time. The fact Mikau was found floating in the water leads me to think it was either the Bay itself that killed him due to the temperature change or he tried to get into the fortress and failed. The way his body is found floating from the side nearest to Zora Hall leads me to the conclusion it was more likely the temperature change of the bay that killed him. Yea we see Link swimming through it as a Zora but he is inherently human and able to deal with a variety of climate changes, more so than the Zoras, his spirit has been strengthened by it and thus he isn't affected as much by the change in temperature of the bay.

I hope MM3D goes into more detail on mikau and the deku childs deaths. I want to know for certain what happened to both. Darmani died on his way to Snowhead Temple blown into the chasm outside the Temple by the guardian. But no one knows for certain what created the deku mask, we all suspect that deku tree the Butler is crying over in the end credits, and i want to see how exactly Mikau got into his position.
Well, there appeared to have been many fiends (the water was infested with skeleton fish things) swimming about, which may have been a contributing factor to his hastened death. After having been wounded by the pirates, his debilitated state may have made it quite difficult to swim properly let alone defend himself. Simply put, the injuries he sustained were too severe, and so...yeah. There goes that change in temperature nonsense.

Guys, let me tell you how it really went down. I tried to break into the Pirates´ Fortress. I was stabbed in the back by one of their guards while sneaking around and was tossed back into the ocean like a dead fish. From that point on, I drifted all the way back to shores of the Great Bay.

Matthew Srolis

Just a Deku Scrub
Guys, let me tell you how it really went down. I tried to break into the Pirates´ Fortress. I was stabbed in the back by one of their guards while sneaking around and was tossed back into the ocean like a dead fish. From that point on, I drifted all the way back to shores of the Great Bay.
See guys,now we have solid evidence.Put it in the books.

(Sarcasism for people who can't tell)

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
I think he was caught and injured by the Gerudo, then tried to swim back home, possibly to get reinforcements, or just medical aid, and he was attacked by some of the aquatic monsters until he was near death, that's when Link found him. Doesn't explain, however, why he'd be fine for the rest of the three days until Link finds him though. And I always thought it odd that he doesn't have enough strength to make it back, yet he had enough to play a song for Link when he was found...

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I always think that if Mikau had been left alone then he'd have recoved slowly far to slowly though to save the eggs for Lulu, i'd imagine he hit a funk so low he thought he was going to die, and so he gave over his soul to link to save his people...... Hmmm anyone noticing something odd in MM, How we have Majora a force of destruction and then we have Link a force to save them yet in order to do so he takes the souls of one of each race to save them all normally a vital member (can't really account for Deku Link n all)... Kinda lends credit to when Majora says "Let's play good guys and bad guys you be the bad guy", Maybe Fierce Deity is in fact a demon of Termina, it's japanese name would aid with that thought. But yea back to Mikau. He can clearly survive for three days while injured becuase you can retrieve the mask any time in the cycle. So clearly he gave up what life he had left which would have been agonising months or recovery and likely more time in physical therapy to help, and in that time the Gerudo would have retrieved the other eggs from the Sea Snakes or maybe they ate them, and gained access to Great Bay Temple.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Yeah I think the important members of the races were supposed to be that way, like the Ikana captain and garo leader, even though they weren't transforming masks.

Bladerguy2

Shiekah
Slightly off topic but. If Mikau is dead and you left termina at the end who is playing at the concert at the carnival?!?

Why is no one questioning how he is on the brink of death until you bring him to the beach? He suddenly summons the energy to jump up and jam on his guitar about what has happened. Something seems....

fishy.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I always thought that he passed out before the first day and just lay there heplless for the rest of the three-day cycle. After all, we know he was incapable of bringing himself over to the shore, as Link had to push him. So it makes sense for him to be there all the time.

As for Blader's question: the answer is that Mikau is actually a crazy Zora timelord and the Mikau that we see during the credits is actually Mikau from the past who predicted his own death and traveled ahead in time so that he could play the concert at the carnival.

Retro Ganon

Canon-Candy-Coded
I think he was caught and injured by the Gerudo, then tried to swim back home, possibly to get reinforcements, or just medical aid, and he was attacked by some of the aquatic monsters until he was near death, that's when Link found him. Doesn't explain, however, why he'd be fine for the rest of the three days until Link finds him though. And I always thought it odd that he doesn't have enough strength to make it back, yet he had enough to play a song for Link when he was found...

This is true based on what Evan says to Link's guise as Mikau.

Evan:
Mikau! How was it? Did you get the eggs back? Oh... you couldn't do it, after all.

Have you been to see Lulu out in back by the ocean? Ever since the pirates stole her eggs, she's just been standing out there gazing at the sea and sighing...
...Mikau! We need those eggs safe so Lulu can get her voice back.

We've grown accustomed to life in a peaceful sea... The only one among the Zora tribe who is still able to go to blows with those wild pirates... It is you, with the blood of Zoran heroes flowing within you. I'm still keeping Lulu's problem a secret from the other band members.

They've all been looking forward to our Carnival of Time concert. And I can't tell them it's canceled 'cause Lulu can't sing, can I?

Anyway, Mikau, did you get an empty bottle that you can use to carry the eggs in? One bottle can only hold one egg, so you can never have too many empty bottles. I told you that the beavers above the waterfall on the Zora Hall coast have empty bottles, right? If you don't have any yet, Mikau, you should go there before heading off to the Pirates' Fortress.

The Carnival of Time concert is quickly approaching... Hurry up and get those eggs back from the pirates.

Both are true given the in-game text of MM. Though the manga is not canon, it parallels the progression of the storyline with more or less entertaining details the game left out due to redundancy.

Sadly MM 3DS didn't elaborate on the Deku child's death, though we have always had info on Mikau to theorize about his role. There is uncharted things to research with regards to Mikau's hero-lineage and the Great Bay Temple. I always thought that the conversation between that freakin turtle and Mikau seemed strange, like we were missing more parts to the story going on in that area of Termina...

Last edited:

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I felt that we lost a lot of back story for the Canyon and the Ocean, I wanted to know what lead to Ikana's Undead state, granted it was a curse on the Stone Tower but what led to the curse? Cuz from what Igos Du Ikana says ingame makes me think that they have been cursed a lot longer than Skull Kids shananingans, heck Pamela and her father were well established in Ikana fending of Gibdos, and we know they've long lurked in the well. so what led to the undeath state on the whole?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom