• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Might BotW 2 have dungeons return?

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
BotW had shirines instead of dungeons. The closest things we had to dungeons were the five Divine Beats.
  • Vah Ruta
  • Vah Rudania
  • Vah Nabooris
  • Vah Medoh
  • Vah Epon
But what if more traditional dungeons make a return in BotW 2? Considering we are going to be exploring a modified version of the same map of Zelda, where might these dungeons be? I have a few predictions to say the least :
  • The Statue of the 8th Heroine
  • The Arbiter's Grounds
  • The pit behind the Yiga Hideout
  • The Lanayru Promenade
  • An under-lava dungeon on Death Mountain
  • An Ice Dungeon in the Hebra region
  • A dungeon in the sky obviously among those sky islands we saw in E3
  • A dungeon underneath Zora's Domain or Lake Hylia
  • A forest dungeon hiding in the lost woods of course
  • Perhaps a dungeon within The Forgotten Temple
Just a few potential locations we can find a dungeon hidden away. Thoughts anyone?

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
Which dungeon is vah epon, I don't remember that one ._.

I'm picturing a giant horse divine beast

Vah Epon is just what I like to call "The Master Cycle Zero", since we technically got a dungeon out of it and it is the Divine Beast to be ridden by Link's incarnation in order to allow him easy traversal of Hyrule so he can get to where he is needed as swiftly as possible.

Another name I like to go with is Vah Lona, a reference to Lon Lon ranch where we first got to see Epona in the franchise.

Judgement

Vile? I am a sorcerer now.
It would be really cool to have dungeons again, I've always been a fan of them. However, the shrines worked for what Breath of the Wild was, imo.

Breath of the Wild had plenty of dungeons. They may not have fit into a Zelda's "formula", but it had plenty of dungeons.

I agree with this. The shrines in Botw were really just bite-sized dungeons of what we normally see in Zelda games.
I believe Nintendo will add more physics mechanics, as seen with what's going on with Link's arm in the teaser trailer.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Ideally, I'd like for the dungeons in Breath of the Wild's sequel to avoid themes already tread in previous games. We've seen enough fire/forest/ice/water to last us a lifetime.

I like the idea of a dungeon themed around entropy or decay. Maybe a dungeon in which aspects of it are constantly shifting and falling apart to temporarily create new paths or obstacles, then reforming after a set period of time.

I don't like predicting too much because I don't want to be disappointed (and I don't like being wrong) but dungeons focusing on what happened 10,000 years ago in the story would be awesome.
Ancient sky stuff mixed with death and decay...I really hope this game delivers on what it's showing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom