• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Microsoft Damage Control

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
But, back on topic, I believe this is a desperate and pathetic attempt at getting attention to a floundering system. They know the harsh and brutal criticism they're getting. instead or FIXING the problem, they cram it down people's throats. It's pathetic.

But this also isn't new or unexpected of Microsoft. They knew about the RROD problem as well as the 360 lacking a proper disc securing mechanism...they never fixed it. Instead, with the 360 S model, they slapped a sticker on it saying that moving the console will result in damaged discs. They're lazy and inconsiderate. We're dogs meant to purchase their devices, noted by the name XBone.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
They are being complete idiots about this. First they make a console that puts x-box fans off from wanting to buy it by putting all sorts of crap features we don't need and restrictions that will just make our gaming experience suck, then they pester fans of other platforms to... what..? What are they trying to achieve, really? What they really should do is go back to the drawing board and come up with a better and more user friendly console, try to repair the damage and then MAYBE they could stand a chance to win back some of the buyers they lost thanks to the initial reveal and subsequent insulting and patronising comments.

"We have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity: it's called Xbox 360." - Great job, Microsoft, great job. I think we'll do that ;)

its like looking at a clown car crash site. its tragic yet funny at the same time...

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I can imagine the conversation

Microsoft exec 1: Hey, guys, we're doing pretty bad in PR right now. What should we do?
Microsoft exec 2: Well, SONY really hit us hard in their press conference. Why don't we try to hit them ba-
Microsoft exec 3: HEY, GUYS, I'VE GOT IT! Let's invade Best Buys around the country and try to sway people from playing Nintendo's E3 demos!
Microsoft exec 1: PERFECT!

ILU

i luv u
Best Buy E3 Experience events being ambushed by Microsoft in order to push Xbox One? | GoNintendo - What are YOU waiting for?

According to this (^) article, Microsoft has gotten desperate enough to try and get people to leave the (popular) WiiU alone and come over and play the XBox1 demo.

What do you think of Microsoft's attempt to bully people into trying their console?

While I'm sure this is TRUE, I have to wonder about how it's being done. As many mistakes as MS might be making, I would think they'd avoid doing something like this because it is just WAY too easy for any PO'd consumer to claim that they're being harassed and try to sue. Really.

Working at GS, which is another dumb company, there were a lot of really stupid things done. But, as I found out, a lot of the decisions were made by district or regional managers and not owners or marketing directors or any of that. I wonder if these MS employees were told to do this by regional managers, or if this order actually came down from the "big guys". Bullying people into buying their products will NOT work, and I'm sure they know that. I have to wonder if they have something up their sleeve, or if their main objective is to test consumer loyalty.

Either way, I feel bad for the lower-level employees that were thrown into the lion's den and had to do this, knowing very well that they'd be met with hostility appropriate for such confrontation. Not cool. :/

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Listen guys, Microsoft had every right to do this! They were merely playing by capitalism's golden rule: what's yours is really mine ! I 100% support Microsoft as you well know, it isn't like Nintendo deserves the customers anyway! I mean look at their kiddy stuff! Their console is running on 7th gen architecture! Pah, who would waste their money when they could get real 8th gen tech like the Xbox One? :lol:

Salem

SICK
While I'm sure this is TRUE, I have to wonder about how it's being done. As many mistakes as MS might be making, I would think they'd avoid doing something like this because it is just WAY too easy for any PO'd consumer to claim that they're being harassed and try to sue. Really.

Working at GS, which is another dumb company, there were a lot of really stupid things done. But, as I found out, a lot of the decisions were made by district or regional managers and not owners or marketing directors or any of that. I wonder if these MS employees were told to do this by regional managers, or if this order actually came down from the "big guys". Bullying people into buying their products will NOT work, and I'm sure they know that. I have to wonder if they have something up their sleeve, or if their main objective is to test consumer loyalty.

Either way, I feel bad for the lower-level employees that were thrown into the lion's den and had to do this, knowing very well that they'd be met with hostility appropriate for such confrontation. Not cool. :/
1-This is what I've been saying, these tactics never work, and its odd a company as big as Microsoft would deploy it.

2-I'm not so sure about consumer loyalty, the consumer doesn't necessarily restrict themselves to the same platform maker, I mean Genesis was a success, but because of the add ons, Saturn fiasco, the consumers jumped ship to Sony Playstation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom