• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Hey everybody!

Since more and more games lately have been run with experimental setups and/or role madness, I decided to tone it down and try running a vanilla game. I've never personally played one, so I figured it's time we did one here.

The setup will be as follows:
9 Vanilla Townies
3 Mafia Goons
1 Survivor

Every player has the power to vote during the day, and the mafia goons have the ability to produce a factional kill each night. Aside from that, there are no special roles or abilities.

A note on the Survivor: While he or she will only be able to win by surviving through to the end of the game, they function like a townie in the sense that, if they are still alive, mafia will need to outnumber the townies plus survivor in order to win. So the Survivor can only win if they are alive at the end of the game and the town achieves a victory.

Daychat will be locked in this game, so mafia will only have the ability to chat during the night phases.

Here are a few rules to know before you signup:
  1. Day phases will be 48 hours, night phases will be 24 hours.
  2. All phases will be locked at 5PM EST. If I cannot make that time for whatever reason to officially end the phases, the next phase may be shortened in order to meet the same end time.
  3. Night posting will be absolutely not allowed, and the game thread will be locked for the night phases.
  4. Dead posting will be absolutely not allowed with the exception of one goodbye post during the day phase immediately following your death.
  5. Be somewhat active. A minimum of 2 posts will be required from all players each day phase. That's one post every 24 hours. Exceptions will be granted only in extenuating circumstances, which must involve a PM to me at least 24 hours prior to the end of the day phase.
  6. No Lynch votes will be allowed.
  7. Extension will be allowed, but it must be a majority vote to be granted.
  8. Vote ties at the end of the days will result in a random person being lynched.
  9. Discussion about the game outside of the game thread will not be permitted, with the exception of the mafia, who will have a designated place to talk at night only.
  10. A graveyard chat will exist in the ZD-i mafia server. Just ping me if you would like to be added to it after you die. Note that anybody who is in the graveyard chat will not be allowed to sub back into the game.
  11. Role claiming is allowed and players have free reign. The only available claims are "Vanilla Townie", "Mafia Goon", or "Survivor", and you'd be crazy to claim Mafia Goon (but hey, I won't question any strategy).
  12. Have fun!

You may signup below. If I don't get 13 players by next Saturday, November 25, I will alter the setup accordingly in order to start with the amount of players who have signed up by that time.

PLAYERS:

1. DekuNut - CONFIRMED
2. Stormageden747 - CONFIRMED
3. Krow - CONFIRMED
4. funnier6 - CONFIRMED
5. Ayano Keiko - CONFIRMED
6. All Might - CONFIRMED
7. Minish_Link - CONFIRMED
8. YIGAhim - CONFIRMED
9. Doc - CONFIRMED
10. Pendio - CONFIRMED
REPLACEMENTS