• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Metroid Other M 3DS?

Would other M be successful on a handheld?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Roy

Hello everyone I was thinking about this for a few days now and wanted to hear your opinion. I think other M would of been better as a 3DS title than a Wii title. The reason why I say this is because of a few things.

1.The 3DS could of handled that kind of graphic power.

2. The first person segments in the game would of worked excellently on the touch screen.

3.The game was mostly in second person view which would of made the 3D effect great when a monster popped out from the side.

4. Finally the game play would of been easy to understand by pressing X to go into the morph ball, A to Jump, B to Shoot, and Y to launch missiles.

I am pretty sure this game would have been a great success.
So there is my opinion. I want to hear yours.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I think it was fine on the Wii but I'll cover your points.

1) The Wii handled the graphics just fine but suppose they may have been better on the 3DS
2) Most likely it would have used the gyroscope to do the FPS portions so you'd probably need a button to do this.
3) 3rd person actually, but you probably typo'd it so no harm no foul. 2nd person is seen from the enemy's or another NPC's POV
4) The game was made to use the Wii remote because Nintendo wanted the game to go back to Metroid's NES roots. Also, Y to launch a missile would make no sense when you can just port the button to B when you go to the first person mode. Y would be of better use as, say, the recharge button.

Overall, it's a nice idea, but Nintendo released it when they desperately needed to a new Metroid game to keep the audience happy. They couldn't wait the 7 months to port it at launch of the 3DS, or probably after considering most of the big games they promised before launch (ie. Star Fox 3D and Kid Icarus: Uprising) didn't come out until much later. While I like the idea and can see Nintendo possibly re-releasing it as 3DS game in the future, I think it was just fine on the Wii.

Overall, most people complain about the game's story and character development rather than the gameplay. The user interface was just fine on the Wii (easier for me to be a lard *** and play the game at the same time) because it was so simple and mobile. It didn't require too much motion control but just enough to keep you interested. I had no problem with the controls and I thought the combat was great. The story was a good story but I think that they did paste Samus as a slightly whiney cut and dry sob story that's featured in a lot of games.

In conclusion, yes the game was fine on the Wii, yes they could remake, and yes, I think that they made Samus a bit too whiney and vulnerable (seriously, she took down Phazze without blinking).

Roy

I think it was fine on the Wii but I'll cover your points.

1) The Wii handled the graphics just fine but suppose they may have been better on the 3DS
2) Most likely it would have used the gyroscope to do the FPS portions so you'd probably need a button to do this.
3) 3rd person actually, but you probably typo'd it so no harm no foul. 2nd person is seen from the enemy's or another NPC's POV
4) The game was made to use the Wii remote because Nintendo wanted the game to go back to Metroid's NES roots. Also, Y to launch a missile would make no sense when you can just port the button to B when you go to the first person mode. Y would be of better use as, say, the recharge button.

Overall, it's a nice idea, but Nintendo released it when they desperately needed to a new Metroid game to keep the audience happy. They couldn't wait the 7 months to port it at launch of the 3DS, or probably after considering most of the big games they promised before launch (ie. Star Fox 3D and Kid Icarus: Uprising) didn't come out until much later. While I like the idea and can see Nintendo possibly re-releasing it as 3DS game in the future, I think it was just fine on the Wii.

Overall, most people complain about the game's story and character development rather than the gameplay. The user interface was just fine on the Wii (easier for me to be a lard *** and play the game at the same time) because it was so simple and mobile. It didn't require too much motion control but just enough to keep you interested. I had no problem with the controls and I thought the combat was great. The story was a good story but I think that they did paste Samus as a slightly whiney cut and dry sob story that's featured in a lot of games.

In conclusion, yes the game was fine on the Wii, yes they could remake, and yes, I think that they made Samus a bit too whiney and vulnerable (seriously, she took down Phazze without blinking).

I like all of your points, and thanks for informing me on all of my flaws. I still would of liked it on the 3DS but everyone has there own opinion.

Dan

Regardless I don't believe those points you made would of warranted a 3DS release. If it didn't do so well on the wii, I doubt it would of done so well on the 3DS. I'm surprised spirit hasn't touched this yet... ;p

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
I say no, because I just feel like Nintendo should leave all the 3D Metroids to consoles. Another side scroller? Sure, but not an Other M style game, or a Prime one, for that matter. I just...I don't know. It seems like a 3D Metroid would just be better left on a console.

Like I said before, I think it would be nice to see another side scrolling Metroid on 3DS. It's been so long since we've had one of those, I think the last one was Fusion for the GBA (maybe it was Zero Mission, I don't know for sure). That was a long time ago. Fusion was so fun, and if Nintendo made another side scroller, I'm sure it would be amazing.

Other M could have worked on the 3DS, it was quite an uninspiring game as a whole on the Wii, that isn't to say putting it on the 3DS would excuse it for its awful story and controls etc etc, but perhaps it would have felt more at home.. they put the prime-esque Hunters on the DS and the DS is such a primitive console compared to the power of the 3DS. I really dislike Other M which is a massive shame since Metroid is my favourite franchise... i dont think it would have been out of place at all on the 3DS, it probbaly could have performed quite well on it. Nintendo just wanted a bigger release.

Roy

Other M could have worked on the 3DS, it was quite an uninspiring game as a whole on the Wii, that isn't to say putting it on the 3DS would excuse it for its awful story and controls etc etc, but perhaps it would have felt more at home.. they put the prime-esque Hunters on the DS and the DS is such a primitive console compared to the power of the 3DS. I really dislike Other M which is a massive shame since Metroid is my favourite franchise... i dont think it would have been out of place at all on the 3DS, it probbaly could have performed quite well on it. Nintendo just wanted a bigger release.

I did not think the game was horrible but one point I had that would make the game sort of a tradition would be to port it like Metroid on the NES turned into metroid 2 on the GB. Super metroid for the SNES turned into other M for the 3DS. I think it should of went this way so they could of related.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I'm not sure if it would be successful or not but in my opinion I think it would be awesome! :) But i wouldn't get my hopes up for a 3d metroid game on 3ds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom