• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Master Sword Over the Years

What is your favourite Master Sword

• ALttP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OoT

• tWW

• TP

• SS

• Total voters

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Evolution_of_the_Master_Sword.png

Because Skyward Sword is coming up, I just thought it would be cool to do a comparison of the Master Swords in the canonical games. If anyone has a better comparison, please post. I just did this today (in Powerpoint, out of all programs :P), so the scale is not exact. I just set the scale based on the size of the handle, up to it's crossguard (as shown by the line)

Notes:
* OoT is sword artwork, but the sword ingame is pretty much the same size.
* AlttP is also artwork, but the ingame sword is just a sword sprite, so I decided just to use the art.
* TP sword is viewed at an angle, similar to the angle the camera views it in the Sacred Woods cutscene, so it's a bit longer than it is shown here.
* WW - I just realized I did not perfectly parallel, it's skewed :dry:.

Question:
What is your favourite Master Sword?
Mine is actually the TP master sword. I like it better than Skyward Sword's. It just looks more epic.

Attachments

• mastersword-overyears.jpg
    mastersword-overyears.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
ALLTP's is ugly, imo. My favorite would have to be the clean but realistic look of SS. Second would be WW's unique look.

They really haven't made the main design for the Master Sword in ALttP, that was made in OoT. But it was still called the Master Sword, and it was in the Sacred Woods, so it technically is the Master Sword. I like TP's Master Sword than SS, though

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
OoT's Master Sword still takes the plate for me. Second would be SS's, because they're still technically the same blade though SS MS is cleaner due to being...well, newer.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Why does no one like the TP master sword? I like it because it looks epic, plus it's the biggest of all (though that doesn't really change much).

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Why does no one like the TP master sword? I like it because it looks epic, plus it's the biggest of all (though that doesn't really change much).

TP's Master Sword is the best looking one, in my honest opinion. This's probably due to me playing Twilight Princess so many times, and I have yet to test Skyward Sword, which is coming very close to first as it is, I'll admit. The darker texture of TP's merely catches my fancy more, though.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
TP's Master Sword is the best looking one, in my honest opinion. This's probably due to me playing Twilight Princess so many times, and I have yet to test Skyward Sword, which is coming very close to first as it is, I'll admit. The darker texture of TP's merely catches my fancy more, though.

Yeah :) TP really gets a bad rep as a Zelda game. Everyone goes like "oh, TP is too easy; TP is nothing compared to OoT", but it really is a good game. The environments are huge, the character models are basically perfect (I like TP Link and Zelda over SS), the weapons are cool, and the dungeon are very distinct and well detailed.

Vibed

must read before he posts
TP gets legitimate complaints, every time you explore an amazing dungeon there's a huge barren field or boring Twilight Realm to make your way through. TP is easy, but so is OoT to a degree. I personally think TP's graphics have aged a lot and the art direction was none too pleasing.

But you know what? Let's not derail this. :)

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
I chose the SS sword not because of appearance, but what it can do. All the other swords you pretty much slice things when they come close enough and that's it. In SS, you can use the sword beam which can do multiple things.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
I chose the SS sword not because of appearance, but what it can do. All the other swords you pretty much slice things when they come close enough and that's it. In SS, you can use the sword beam which can do multiple things.

You can also do the sword beam with the ALttP Master Sword

It was always Ocarina's sword... but I must say I really like the one from Skyward... it further proves that they took Ocarina, Wind waker, and Twilight and mixed the three into a new game Skyward Sword... it look like the best that all three of those games had to offer.

geek4887

The Unknown
What happened to the Master Sword over the years? Did some weird magic cause it to shrink during the span of the Adult Timeline? :?
Anyways, my favorite sword would be the Twilight Princess Master Sword. It's the one that truly gives off the "Blade of Evil's Bane" aura around it.
EDIT: Wow, THAT was an epic fail! XD Sorry for the misunderstanding guys

Last edited:

Vibed

must read before he posts
What happened to the Master Sword over the years? Did some weird magic cause it to shrink during the span of the Adult Timeline? :?
Anyways, my favorite sword would be the Master Sword. It's the one that truly gives off the "Blade of Evil's Bane" aura around it.

*Looks at thread title* ...wait, what? XD

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Anyways, my favorite sword would be the Master Sword. It's the one that truly gives off the "Blade of Evil's Bane" aura around it.

Which Master Sword? ie: from which game? Also, to answer your question on the WW Master Sword, I like to believe that it magically shrunk over the years in order to fulfill Toon Link's fate. Because WW Link was a child, fate made it so that the Master Sword was small when he found it.

Also, by "Master Sword Over the Years", I meant the evolution of it since it's beginning from the first game it was in - ALttP, to the new upcoming game - SS

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom