• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Master Sword for the Hyrule Compendium

I obtained the Master sword, but did not photograph it. is there a way photograph it for the compendium? kindly do tell.

also im looking for a real-life master sword for a masquerade of us zelda friends. is there a place from where i can get a replica?

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Take a picture of yourself by switching the camera rune and hit X (Switch version) to switch to "self-portrait mode". You'll have to move the camera around a bit but you'll be able to get the picture eventually. Also, dang near every blade shop I've ever been in had a Master Sword in the wall so I'd seek out the closest novelty blade shop.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Yeah you have to take it in portrait mode. You can also use directional inputs to change your pose and i think by holding ZR and inputting a direction, you can pose with an equipped weapon. That will make it easier to take a good pic of the master sword.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Likwe others already said, you have to take a selfie. What I usually do is removing any other equipment like bow and arrows and shield and sometimes remove the shirt to have the weapon as clear as possibly on the pic. Like Az said you can also change the pose or even tilt the camera for a different angle. Not all weapons fit on the pics so you can change the angle and pose a bit to make it fit within the marks on your camera.

Take a picture of yourself by switching the camera rune and hit X (Switch version) to switch to "self-portrait mode". You'll have to move the camera around a bit but you'll be able to get the picture eventually. Also, dang near every blade shop I've ever been in had a Master Sword in the wall so I'd seek out the closest novelty blade shop.
I found one but i am not sure if it is worth getting it, as not sure of the material, finishing and the price, can you help out, if you got more suggestions.https://swordsswords.com/legendary-hyrule-hylian-link-twilight-master-sword.html

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
If I may quote the site,

"This is a replica of the highly beloved sword wielded by Elf. This Massive sword features a solid 36 inch stainless steel blade molded to perfection with a fuller line on both side. embedded onto the upper section of the blade is the renowned video game icon. The blade is then attached onto the exquisite blue handle. The handle features an ABS construction, well molded and secure and it offers a very lightweight design. The sturdy handle sports a ring grip design while the wing shape guard sports a golden beak tip. The scabbard is crafted from solid wood and has been finish with a matte blue finish. Spray painted onto the blue scabbard is the video game shield with the phoenix design on each side. The scabbard throat and chape both feature an aluminum gold finish design while the leather strap is attached onto a very detailed facial center piece. Strap this sword on your back and join Elf in his action adventure to rid the world of evil and restore good."

Lol, I want this just so I can be as cool as Elf! Anyway, obviously, this isn't based off of any of the games but it is recognizable as the Master Sword. It depends on what you want it for. The handle is just an ABS mold so I would'nt go hacking up a Dinofols with it. The stainless steel blade should be light and look nice but also has a greater propensity to chip. If you want authenticity, this isn't your sword. If you want a sword to cut shrubs, Elf-style, this isn't your sword. If you want a (full size) recognizable Master Sword replica for cheap, consider this one.

Last edited:
If I may quote the site,

"This is a replica of the highly beloved sword wielded by Elf. This Massive sword features a solid 36 inch stainless steel blade molded to perfection with a fuller line on both side. embedded onto the upper section of the blade is the renowned video game icon. The blade is then attached onto the exquisite blue handle. The handle features an ABS construction, well molded and secure and it offers a very lightweight design. The sturdy handle sports a ring grip design while the wing shape guard sports a golden beak tip. The scabbard is crafted from solid wood and has been finish with a matte blue finish. Spray painted onto the blue scabbard is the video game shield with the phoenix design on each side. The scabbard throat and chape both feature an aluminum gold finish design while the leather strap is attached onto a very detailed facial center piece. Strap this sword on your back and join Elf in his action adventure to rid the world of evil and restore good."

Lol, I want this just so I can be as cool as Elf! Anyway, obviously, this isn't based off of any of the games but it is recognizable as the Master Sword. It depends on what you want it for. The handle is just an ABS mold so I would go hacking up a Dinofols with it. The stainless steel blade should be light and look nice but also has a greater propensity to chip. If you want authenticity, this isn't your sword. Of you want a sword to cut shrubs, Elf-style, this isn't your sword. If you want a (full size) recognizable Master Sword replica for cheap, consider this one.
Can you kindly suggest some if there are better options, i would love to have a look, tbh just by looking at them all seems the same to me LOL!!

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
It all depends on what you're looking for. Google is a wonderful tool for such things. I will say that you found a good price on what seems to be a sword probably built for cosplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom