• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Master Quest Spirit Temple Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I have been playing Ocarina of Time: Master Quest lately and having fun with the challenge of the redesigned dungeons. I've been hoping to finish it soon so I can give the disc. (Gamecube) back to the friend from which I've been borrowing it (along with several other Zelda games). I've kept his stuff so long that I'm feeling guilty and I need to give some of his games back.

Anyway, I try to avoid going to game guides and walkthroughs unless I'm really stukc on something, because I like to figure out things for myself - which makes me especially embarassed here because this is Master Quest - it is *supposed* to be a challenge, BUT, I've gotten to a point on the game where it's stopped being fun and has just gotten frustrating.

So, I am in the Spirit Temple (this is Master Quest, not regular OoT) and I'm on the Young Link portion of it. I've just ascended to the second floor, to the room where you use a bombchu to blast a hole on the wall and shed light on the spinning sun-dial. Now, there is a big locked door and there is a chest that falls down, which I'm sure must have the key to the door.

My problem is that I cannot get to this chest. It falls upon a big stair that is too big for Young Link to climb. I've tried *everything* I know to try to get at it - rolling into the wall/shelf, trying to throw bombs up there (it's too high for bombs to reach), setting bomchus to it (I hate working with the things, they're so erratic), using the boomerang to try to knock it down... using seeds/slingshot...

I've even tried going *outside* the temple as an Adult to see if there's a way in from the hole I blasted as it seems like the chest is something that Adult Link could reach with the hookshot but Young Link cannot get to. No way in that way...

I can't remember if it's the same as it was in the regular Ocarina of Time, but I doubt it.

I've even gone back to a save point before I hit the room multiple times to make sure that activating the sun dial (which brings forth the chest) didn't accidently plop it down in the wrong place. Unfortuately, it's gone to that stupid shelf every time.

I'm pretty well stuck here. Is anyone a master of the Master Quest? If so, help? :(

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
You don't need to get that chest for a key. Instead, go back to the room where you found the dungeon map. Kill all the enemies in the room to make a chest with a small key appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom