• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Master Mode

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
hey.... Ah....

I think I need to return my Zelda mancard, because I'm gonna cry......

To be serious though, let's talk about Master Mode!

I haven't even gotten out of the plateau, so I can only say through that. But at least in the beginning areas... It is extremely difficult. Enemies constantly regenerate HP, there are more camps of enemies, and different types of enemies.

Groups of Blue Bokoblins are extremely hard to deal with, with the lack of good weapons, and the fact they have a lot of health for this part of the game. AI is also quite a bit more agressive, faster, and well, more smart. I have died.... A lot. Even more so, that I realized that fighting isn't the optimal choice at all in this mode. Stealth and avoidance have been key to me getting around the place.

And Let's just say I totally wasn't prepared to handle a Lynel of all things on the Great Plateau......

So ZD, what is your first impressions of Master Mode? Have you been having as hard of a time as I have?

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
What... A Lynel on the Great Plateau??! I wasn't going to try Master Mode at all since I thought it would just be the same thing as normal mode except with harder enemies, but if the enemy types are different and there are more Lynels... I guess it's time to abandon my old account.

I've hardly scratched the surface of Master Mode but I tried it out last night. I just had gotten off the plateau when I stopped playing. I did it in the most wuss way possible, but I did kill the lynel before I got the glider with a travelers claymore. 12 minutes down the drain. But as far as I know, the lynel on the plateau is the only new lynel, but I'm def gonna keep my eye out.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I haven't gotten far, but this whole thing seems messed up. I noticed the Guardian Scouts in the shrines were beefed up too to the point that I simply didn't have enough equipment to kill even one of them. With that said, I expected the Test of Strength shrines to be hell. I decide to give it a shot anyway...so after unlocking the Hateno Tower, I tackle the nearby Modest and Major Tests of Strength....

....It was easy. I beat them both with my crappy equipment that ranged from 9-20 damage. They regenerate, but other than that, I don't think they've been changed at all. This seems so...counter intuitive to me. Normally in a durability system you have required bosses that are powerful and eat through your gear quickly, while you have weaker monsters that you farm for gear. You farm the weaker monsters for gear, use the weak gear to take on stronger monsters for good gear, and then when you've horded enough good gear, you can start fighting bosses. But here? The bosses give more gear than they take and the enemies eat through more than they give.

So...why shouldn't I just wear Majora's Mask the whole game and ignore all the monsters? The shrines give me better weapons, I don't need monster parts to upgrade armor (like the Champion's Tunic) or only need a little bit (Hylian stuff), and the monsters take more than they give.

What... A Lynel on the Great Plateau??! I wasn't going to try Master Mode at all since I thought it would just be the same thing as normal mode except with harder enemies, but if the enemy types are different and there are more Lynels... I guess it's time to abandon my old account.

You don't have to erase your old account. Master Mode gets its own separate file.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
From the gaming side of me, Master mode is a true test of your skills, from the logical side of me, Master mode is unfair. I've beaten it on master mode because I had a lot of FOOD that recovers all of my hearts and augments my life total.

I think I prefer master mode tbh, it's a nice challenge. Ive just been swinging the metal boulder from the Oman au shrine around. It kills pretty much anything within a few hits (not including the Lynel, I tried and failed). After the plateau, it just gets easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom