• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Martial Arts

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
Hey guys! I was wondering what kind of martial arts people like/do and what is involved in the teachings and techniques.

I am quite into Tae Kwon-do and am doing my red belt grading in 3-4 months time, and I also love entering competitions! I have several gold medals in sparring and a silver in the world chamionships! My brother and sister also do it, as do my best friend (Goomboo) and his sister. We are all the same belt and if all goes right, we'll be black belts in the beggining of 2013! It sound a long time, but trust me, it flies by when you need to train and learn the Korean terms for the moves and the meanings for your patterns (patterns are sets of moves that make up a sequence ranging from about 19 moves to 30 something moves. These combos can be used in day-to-day life if needs be).
In the gradings, we do linework, patterns, set sparring (basicly sparring, but with set moves you have to do and set blocks/counters) and free sparring, and theory (the Korean, meanings and general questions).
The actual art is quite physically demanding, but it's a good way to keep fit and healthy when you're helpless at all other sports (like me! I do thins for 4 hours a week).

So, what martial arts do you guys do and what do they involve? Reply and tell us!!!:yes:

Hey guys! I was wondering what kind of martial arts people like/do and what is involved in the teachings and techniques.

I am quite into Tae Kwon-do and am doing my red belt grading in 3-4 months time, and I also love entering competitions! I have several gold medals in sparring and a silver in the world chamionships! My brother and sister also do it, as do my best friend (Goomboo) and his sister. We are all the same belt and if all goes right, we'll be black belts in the beggining of 2013! It sound a long time, but trust me, it flies by when you need to train and learn the Korean terms for the moves and the meanings for your patterns (patterns are sets of moves that make up a sequence ranging from about 19 moves to 72 something moves. These combos can be used in day-to-day life if needs be).
In the gradings, we do linework, patterns, set sparring (basicly sparring, but with set moves you have to do and set blocks/counters) and free sparring, and theory (the Korean, meanings and general questions).
The actual art is quite physically demanding, but it's a good way to keep fit and healthy when you're helpless at all other sports (like me! I do thins for 4 hours a week).

So, what martial arts do you guys do and what do they involve? Reply and tell us!!!:yes:

There the correction is in bold.

I happen to do TaeKwon-Do, and I got my black bet back in 2009

Tae Kwon Do FTW. As you can tell from that, I know Tae Kwon Do :right:

I started learning Tae Kwon Do when I was five. I've been to three different schools. All of them different in some way. I believe the first Tae Kwon Do school I went to was an ITF school (ITF - International Tae Kwon Do Federation; for those who don't know), and only had six colored belts: white, yellow, green, blue, red, and then black. I made it to a blue belt at this school, then moved to a different place in Kentucky

This school was different. It was a WTF (World Tae Kwon Do Federation) school. It had ten colored belts (white, yellow, orange, green, purple, blue, brown, red, red/black, black) and completely different forms. I got my black belt when I was eight. This school also taught us Kumdo. I got a bamboo sword from this school, and still have it. Then I moved down to Georgia.

From here, I remained a black belt. I had to stop when I was eleven because my dad was retiring from the Army and we wanted to have some extra money. Then we moved to Florida, where I still live. And, if it counts, I did wrestle for my school during my freshman and sophomore years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom