• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mario Movie

I'm still bothered that despite Charles Martinet being in the movie, he's not the voice of either Mario or Luigi which I personally believe is a downgrade, especially with Pratt being the talk of the town since the reveal.

Same. I get that Martinet isn't an actor, but come on man, it's Mario! Mario's voice has to be one of the most iconic voices on the planet especially when it comes to animated characters. It's like if all the Mickey Mouse shows and shorts had his normal, jolly, high pitched voice but then they made a movie where Mickey was voiced by Chris Pratt. At least with Sonic his voice wasn't particularly original in the first place, so replacing his voice with any one who can do a generic cool guy voice won't make a difference. With Mario, changing the voice is enough to totally change the character.

• Sad
Reactions: Fig

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I'm still bothered that despite Charles Martinet being in the movie, he's not the voice of either Mario or Luigi which I personally believe is a downgrade, especially with Pratt being the talk of the town since the reveal.

This really bothers me too. I've had the honour to meet Charles Martinet and have a couple of conversations with him once at a convention and he just is Mario. Being reduced to just having a cameo while Chris Pratt takes over just looks like an insult.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I am sure this is gonna be a meme worthy movie as many have mentioned. I think the casting of Chris Pratt is just a slap in the face to Charles Martinet though. He is the true voice of mario and should have been cast as the character. If he was asked and declined then absolutely cast someone else if you've got to make the movie but if not then I don't approve of this.

This is similar to what happened to Matthew Lillard. The live action Shaggy and the voice in the cartoon show. He IS the true Shaggy, and for the cinematic movie they cast a different voice actor and didn't even ask him to do it first. Disgraceful if you ask me. That's why I will never support that new scooby doo movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom