• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mario Kart U - Retro Tracks

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Mario Kart games have had 4 Retro GPs since Mario Kart DS and the smart money is on this continuing onto the Wii U. The question is, which tracks from the previous 7 games would you like to see return in the series' first HD installment?

Would you put a bigger emphasis on the SNES and GBA's 'flat-tracks' or would you bring back as many from the more recent Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 7? Would you make any small alterations to them, similar to the minor changes made to some in MK7?

So come and make your predictions/wish lists here :)

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I always like to see some of the retro tracks in Mario Kart! I also like the twist that the new games put on them :)

If we get a nice amount of new tracks with a balance of retro tracks in the next installment of Mario Kart on the Wii U I will be very happy! Tbh I didn't really enjoy MK Wii's tracks so i would prefer some tracks from Double Dash...I think this game I has some pretty great tracks and I would love see some of them!

I really hate the current trend in Mario Kart games to recycle old tracks. It doesn't feel like a wholly new game but half a new one and half an old one and the old tracks have never felt quite the same or as enjoyable.

Some tracks i'd like to see if i have to make the choice are:

Yoshi's Valley
Toad's Turnpike
N64 Rainbow Road
The cloud level from Super circuit
Mario Raceway
Wario Stadium
Choco level with the boulders from n64

I'm not the biggest Mario Kart fan....

Going by how Retro tracks are selected, We will guarantee to see 4 retro tracks from Mario Kart 7 and Wii. For the DS and GCN we will probably see between 2-3 tracks and anything older 2-1 tracks. There will most likely be at least one track from each game, so the selection will be quite interesting. If you apply the above, below is a list of what I would like to see in the retro Grand Prix:

Shell Cup: DS Figure 8 Circuit, 3DS Shy Guy Bazaar, Wii Toad's Factory, GCN Dry Dry Desert.

Banana Cup: N64 Toad's Turnpike, 3DS Alpine Pass, DS Shroom Gorge, Wii Wario's Gold Mine

Leaf Cup: GCN Mushroom City, 3DS Wario Galleon, Wii Daisy Circuit, SNES Vanilla Lake 1

Lightning Cup: GCN Wario Colosseum, 3DS Koopa City, Wii Moonview Highway, N64 Rainbow Road

I'd be quite happy if these retro tracks make it into Mario Kart U.

The cloud level from Super circuit
Mario Raceway
Choco level with the boulders from n64

I know you are not a huge fan of Mario Kart, but it should be pointed out that those tracks have already been put in the retro Grand Prix for Mario Kart DS and Wii Respectively, so I doubt they will be used again.

Last edited:

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I'd like a "Rainbow Cup", where we play through all the past Rainbow Roads. Other than that, I don't really mind what retro tracks they decide to use.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
If I could set up some Retro Grand Prix's myself, this is what I'd pick:

Shell Cup
Cheep Cheep Beach (MKDS)
Shy Guy Bazaar (MK7)
Riverside Park (MKSC)
Toad's Factory (MKWii)

Banana Cup
Dry Dry Desert (MKDD)
Wario's Gold Mine (MKWii)
Toad's Turnpike (MK64)