• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mario Kart 8

[video=youtube_share;NA6CAgv6p6g]http://youtu.be/NA6CAgv6p6g[/video]

this game looks fun. from what im seeing it has courses from mario kart 7 long with coins, upgrades, and gliders/under water vehicles and bikes from MK wii returns.
what is really interesting is the new " gimmick" of anti gravity. we can race in loops, upside down etc we wont know what is up or down, this new feature will mess with our brains. also i herd that this game will run at 60 FPS. now i found this vid of game play of mario kart 8.

[video=youtube_share;6GP7jUDPuyU]http://youtu.be/6GP7jUDPuyU[/video]

now my 1st reaction is. it looks too slow, now their could be reasons why. 1) the game is still in the works and the y will fix the speed. or 2) this guy is raceing in the 50cc cup and its slower compare to 100 and 150 CC.

another thing that ive noticed tis that in this vid their are only 2 laps in the courses. i do hope this is temporary and in the finial product it will have 3 laps.
thats all i have to say about MK8.i do hope theirs a bunch of courses and charictors and features in this game because MK7 sucked in that department.
so what do you think about Mario Kart 8?

With the hover karts/bikes, along with the anti gravity riding, I can't wait to see Rainbow Road. It'll be one hell of a course, that's for sure.

Last edited:
With the hover karts/bikes, along with the anti gravity riding, I can't wait to see Rainbow Road. It'll be one hell of a course, that's for sure.

with its HD graphics.. i hope rainbow road IMPLODES MY MIND! idk how they are gona make Rainbow RD more impressive then the regular tracks that have the gravity thing..this should be interesting.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
What are the coins for? The only thing that disappoints me so far is it seems like those needless tricks from MKW are still here...

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
with its HD graphics.. i hope rainbow road IMPLODES MY MIND! idk how they are gona make Rainbow RD more impressive then the regular tracks that have the gravity thing..this should be interesting.
perhaps you'll drive on the underside of the road instead

What are the coins for? The only thing that disappoints me so far is it seems like those needless tricks from MKW are still here...

well in mario kart for the SNES and 3ds when you collect coins they make you go faster.. but get hit by an item, you will loose some coins.

Dan

This game looks so great in HD it's seriously got me squeeling like a girl, I know graphics aren't everything but man just looking at makes me excited. The gravity "gimmick" I find more than welcome, by the way for those crash bandicoot players, does the gravity to remind you of crash nitro kart, which has the exact same wheel position as well when gravity is applied. Just watch guys. :P
[video=youtube;XZC5JvAOaWc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZC5JvAOaWc[/video]
Great kart racer btw, not as good as the orginal in my opinion disclaimer and all that shiz witty e3 comment.

I'm also happy to see that music track from mario kart 7 make a return, all the tracks look amazing in fact.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
BTW, I never bought MK7...did they end up fixing the vast amount of issues present in MKW?

BTW, I never bought MK7...did they end up fixing the vast amount of issues present in MKW?
well when i played it their was less blue shells. the charictor selection SUCKED so did battle mode. but i think its an ok game...

Dan

well when i played it their was less blue shells. the charictor selection SUCKED so did battle mode. but i think its an ok game...

You mean to tell me you weren't as psyched for honeybee as I was?
I admit the character roster was an ...interesting choice ;p

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Dan's on top of things. Crash Nitro Kart was my first thought also. Doesn't matter. :P

This game is looking great. I really look forward to trying it out myself. Glad to see Waluigi after an absence in MK7. That game had a rather poor roster...

Beeker

Wild Card
I like how they've been handling the 'main gimmicks'. They're all things that give so much creativity and new ideas for courses. The glider/propellers did it in 7 and now antigravity? Sweet! 7 was a great game already and this one looks to be improving on it. Can't wait!

Also MUSIC PARK YAY. I was hoping that one would make it in as a retro track.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao

Tricks are used for speedboosts...do you play tourney MKWii?

MK8 looks freaking amazing, and I'm not just talking about graphics here. Heck when I watched the stream, the title looked almost tangible graphically, but the tracks also appeared to be HUGE and very diversified, unlike Mario Kart 7's. I'm loving on anti-gravity but the absolute best thing to happen to MK8 is the RETURN OF MOTORBIKES. Oh my goodness I can't tell you how much I loved MKWii for having motorobikes, and they're finally back! <3

I don't know when I'll get MK8 but when I do, I plan to play it into the dirt just like I did 64 waaay back in the day.

videogamenerd10

Indigo Child
I think the game looks pretty good. I'm not excited for it like I was back when Mario Kart 7 was coming out, but it still looks good. The anti-gravity idea doesn't wow me that much but I will admit that it's pretty cool. I can't give my full judgement on the game until I see the full version because I know that there is more awesome stuff that the game will offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom