• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mario Kart 7: Best Customization?

I'm wondering what are the best combos in MK7. I've been playing since the release date and I'm always changing who I play as and in what Kart. I can't seem to find a match. So I am asking the masses!

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Honestly, picking a combination for parts is like picking a fighter in Super Smash Bros. Some people like the karts with higher speed, some like higher acceleration. Usually, you'll have to pick between one of the two. If you want a kart with fast speed, don't expect to get to that speed so quickly (typically, your acceleration will be low). If you want a kart with quick acceleration (great for recovery), don't expect to be able to keep up with the competition unless you have good tricks up your sleeve.

Because of these, I personally like to go for the more balanced karts, where speed and acceleration is about even. Another few determining factors include weight (usually the faster karts will be heavier) and handling (unless you plan on drifting on every turn, it shouldn't be that big a problem). One combination that I really like to drive with is with either Luigi or my Mii on a kart consisting of the Birthday Girl chassis, Red Monster wheels, and the Flower Glider.

Like I said, though, results will vary from person to person. It's best if you keep experimenting and find the one combo that will work best with your driving style. There are some cool things you can do if you go to the manual in the 3DS and look on page 5. I hope this helps. :)

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I've been experimenting with which combinations are best for snaking, and I've found that you want high Mini-Turbo (of course), low Handling, and low Drift. The combination I came up with is a light character (Lakitu) + Barrel Train + Slick Wheels + Paraglider, though I just unlocked the Red Monster Wheels so I'll be trying them out too. I have to be careful though because with low Handling and Drift I lose a lot of normal maneuverability. This combination also has really bad off-road speed. And of course with MK7 one has to be more thoughtful of when snaking will actually be beneficial.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions for snaking karts?

Also, in case you didn't know, there are many hidden stats in addition to the ones shown in the game (e.g. Mini-Turbo). You can see them here.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I think nintendo fixed snaking since Mario Kart Wii. For those who remember Mario Kart DS, the power slide was literally been abused.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAwOYrTzPk4

As for me, i also change karts and characters very often. It would be boring to stick with 1 character and one kart.
As Petman said, results vary for each person. For instance, i only choose karts if they have at least 2 bars of Handeling.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Anything that has high accerlation and handling are the best options I use. Honeslty, speed doesn't matter as much since the AI ALWAYS catches up to you no matter how fast you think you are going. And plus, as much as you get hit by items, accerlation will help with that ALOT!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom