• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Making a Princess Zelda Costume

vatti

The Acorn sized Magician
Hey out there. I'm making my own version of princess zelda as a Halloween costume, and the only parts of the costume that are going to be from the original TP zelda design are her crown, her chest medalion that hangs between her shoulder plates, and the sash that hangs from her belt. I just need some ideas for what materials I am going use for those items. For the crown and medalion I was think of using syra-foam and hardening it and then covering it with tinfoil and painting it whatever color i decide on. For the sash I was thinking of either using fabric paint or sewing individual pieces together, which I know would be harder but it wouold give it a more polished look. Those were my only ideas, so I was wondering what you guys think! What should I use?

vatti

The Acorn sized Magician
Oh, come on. No one knows? SOMEONE must have done some cosplay on this site. After I finish the costume I was planning on posting a picture of it on here. Please help!

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Um, I will try my best seeing as nobody has helped you. For the necklace (and perhaps the crown) you could use an old necklace and buy some gems or decorate some buttons and glue them on. You can buy hairbands and various things like that that you may be able to use as a template. I hope that is useful to you.

yotam

Leave the chocolate here
Go to a sewing workshop, they always have interesting things like weird buttons, belt buckles and all kinds of helpful item for making costumes.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Have you read the latest issue of Nintendo Power lately?

There's actually an entire article about a girl who created a very good costume of Princess Zelda, in the Community section. I think there might be some tips on how to do that in there. There are also pictures of her costume... you should look at it.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Cool, I really hope it works out for you! I am being tetra for halloween. I have a perfect hairstyle for it, I also have a slingshot and dagger aswell as a pan flute to choose from, I just need some red fabric.

I was Zelda last Halloween, but my costume wasn't that complicated. I wound up using normal foam for the armor, but had to safety pin it to my shirt to keep it on :lol:

I used fabric for the sash. It was time-consuming and a little costly, since I bought each individual color, but it came out rather nice. If I remember, I'll post up a photo of it this weekend.

Okay so I said three weeks ago I'd take a photo, and I just remember to do it now. I don't even know if it's helpful anymore :P

But here's my skirt/sash combo. The edges are a bit frayed, because I didn't seal it properly (should have put a border around it) and it got a little waterlogged while trick-or-treating. But for something cheap, it did its job. One of these days, I'll apply the proper red border (will probably use ribbon) and sew around the individual pieces.

Attachments

• DSC01761.JPG
    DSC01761.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom