• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Make Your Own Dungeon

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
The Basement

I made this idea a LONG time ago, and I guess I'll post it here. Also be aware that this is the first dungeon of the game. You should also know that the game is a sequel of Twilight Princess and has pretty much the same graphics and enemy design.

Name: The Basement
Theme: It's an old abandoned basement...and nothing else.
Enemies: Keese, Shrooms (new enemy I made up, it's basically just a short humanoid thing with a mushroom head), Deku-Babas, ChuChus, Ropes, Skulltulas, Bombling, Rats

Mini-Boss: You enter a room after opening a now unlocked door that was, strangely, located on the floor, falling about 20 feet, landing on a huge spiderweb, and using your lantern to burn your way through. The room is large and round, seemingly, there's nothing interesting about it except for two things: 1. The disgusting gooey substance falling from the ceiling in the center of the room (does anyone ever clean this place?) and 2. at the other side of the room is a locked door. Using your great adventuring instincts, you walk towards the locked door. And nearly fall to your death into a pit full of noxious mushrooms (again, does anyone EVER clean this place?). Sighing inwardly, you start to explore the room you're in. There had to be a key ironically placed around here somewhere. There always was. There was no way you could go back, the way out was about 30 feet in the air. You walk to the center to get a better view of the entire room. Just so a glop of whatever could fall from the ceiling and land on your head. You disgustedly wipe the substance off. And then it hits you. Slowly, you look directly upward...You stand about 1/3 of the way to the way you got in. There's no way out, and a humongous monster blob falls from the ceiling.

Gargan-Chu
It's basically a humongous ChuChu, and the battle works just like a battle with any ChuChu, you just keep slashing at it all until you get all the pieces. However, it's a lot harder than that, as as you are destroying some of the pieces, other pieces will keep reconnecting. This guy starts out as the equivalent of 10 normal ChuChus morphed together. Yeah, he's huge. just keep slashing and making the pieces smaller and go for the smaller pieces first, as destroying them will make Gargan-Chu unable to regain them.
After destroying all the pieces except two, there will be one medium sized one left. This one isn't as simple as the others, as it will dodge any normal slices you throw at it. To defeat it, you must use the shield bash when it tries to attack you, this will stun it and it will be unable to dodge when you strike. Each time you do this however, it gets smarter, and tries to make false attacks followed by a real one to throw you off. You must hit it four times in this stage to finish it.

Item: Grappling Claw
You find this item inside a chest inside the monstrous Gargan-Chu after defeating it. After getting it, you swing it around your head and throw it at a hanging metal bar on the ceiling. It hangs and makes a rope for you to climb. when you reach the bar you start hanging from it, and can use your Grappling Claw again, this time to make a swinging rope to get to a higher bar and use it like this again to finally reach a chest inside the hole that Gargan-Chu dropped from. Inside the chest is a key. You drop down to the ground and then use the Grappling Claw to make a swinging rope over the pit with the poisonous-pores. You then unlock the door and move on through the dungeon.

Item: Clawshot
At a certain point in the dungeon, while searching for a way out (aka the Boss Key), you fall through a trap door into a room containing three large fungus-like things (two smaller and one larger one). Shrooms will spawn from the fungus things until you destroy the two smaller ones. After that, the larger one will grow a mushroom out of the middle of it. You then use the Grappling Claw to grab the mushroom and puuuullll! After a bit of yanking, the mushroom will fly out of the fungus and land nearby. And what do you know! There's a chest tangled in it's roots! You open the chest to find, Dah Dah Dah Daaah! A mechanism that you put the Grappling Claw into, creating a Clawshot.

Boss: You make your way to the top of some vines. You just found a large key and are now searching for a way to use it. Hopefully to get you out of the freaking basement! As you start to walk for some stairs that lead down a passageway into the way you came from to get to that point of the dungeon, there is a sudden rumbling sound and your path is blocked when debris falls in the way, making the pathway un-passable. So instead you use the Clawshot to get up to a place that used to have a key (that was back in the good old days when you had a Grappling Claw remember? I know it's been awhile, but still). You look up and see a Clawshot symbol and use it to get up to the next floor. Here you find a needlessly large and intricate door. Using the key you recently obtained, you open it. You walk inside slowly, knowing that this was the room right above where the ceiling collapsed. The door closes behind you. And you see large red eyes glowing in the darkness. Suddenly, torches placed around the room light up, and you can see the full body of the evil monstrosity before you.

Armored Beast
Bleibon

Attacks:
Stage 1: Headbutt - Knocks you to the ground, 1 heart | Dash - Knocks you to the ground, 1/2 heart | Stomp - 3/4 heart
Stage 2: Headbutt - Knocks you to the ground, 1 heart | Tail Smash - Knocks you to the ground, 1 1/4 hearts | Metallic Roar - Stuns you for a few seconds, will attempt to Headbutt or Tail Smash you afterward, rapidly press buttons to break stun, 0 hearts

Stage 1:This creature is a huge armored dinosaur-like thing. In it's first stage, you fight it by using your Clawshot to hang from one of the Clawshot symbols on the ceiling, then dropping down onto it's back and striking its weak point (a chink in its armor). It will shake you off after a time and will gradually get smarter, attempting to avoid you when you hang from the ceiling, you will need to swing yourself on the chain towards the beast to land on it. It will eventually make itself a moving target and you'll have to try to jump right in front of it, landing on it as it runs around. After beating it in this stage, it will smash its head against the wall, crumbling the layer of ceiling that has the Clawshot symbols on it.

Stage 2: After destroying the ceiling, Bleibon will suddenly grow spikes at the end of its tail, two of which meet together and make what looks suspiciously like one of the Grappling Claw bars. Keep avoiding its attacks until it tires itself out. Then move around it to its backside and use the Clawshot on its tail spikes to bring yourself onto its tail. Run up its body until you get to the chink in its armor and, well, you know what to do. It will start to grow out of its tiredness sooner and sooner, until you barely have enough time to climb onto its back and get a whack at it before it throws you off. Eventually though, it will be defeated.

Dungeon Finale:
After it is beaten, Bleibon will begin ragingly slamming against a wall until a trapdoor covered with rubble (that you saw at the beginning of the dungeon) is jogged open. A extensive ladder will fall down, land on the monster's head and finally ending it. You then climb on top of the deceased Bleibon's head, get on the ladder, and climb up, leaving the Basement the same way you got in.

I have a drawing of the dungeon I drew, so many years ago, and if I find out a way to post it, I will.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
Jester's Palace

The Jester's Palace is a place that can be accessed only from the Twilight Realm. If not already obvious, this means that it will be a very late area in the storyboard. In fact, my set up has it as the next to last area. To find the Jester's Palace, one must go through a series of quests to find the edge of the Twilight Realm, where the portal to the Jester's Palace is. Upon reaching the portal, Link would be taken to the Jester's Courtyard, only problem being, there's no way to see anything around him. There is a torch light that can be seen in the distance. Link need only run toward the light. No traps in this part. Afterwards, he will find the Skull Kid, who will be his guide to the entrance of the dungeon itself. Link will use the light, to make sure he doesn't run off of the sides of the pathway on his journey to the palace. It's not super long, but you have to pay attention. The path isn't super narrow, so it's not too bad.

When reaching the palace, as if a switch was flicked, the lights come on on the palace, and Link sees a sort of "haunted funhouse". Link has to follow a color changing staircase into the front door.

The dungeon is not your typical, "Go into the room, hit a switch or find a key" style of dungeon. It is, as the look suggests a type of "funhouse". The doorways are not out in the open, you will have to look and think with your head to find your way around. The puzzles range from finding a correct doorway in a room filled with stairs, upside down stairs, regular stairs, sideways stairs to moving a mirror over invisible holes in the wall, to find pathways through the walls. The Eye of Truth is even unsure of what lies within. Link will have to move bookcases and all sorts of things to find hidden doors. Even when finding the Palace's map, the map would not be clear on where the doorways are. It will mention the rooms with secrets however. Several chests in easier to find rooms will be filled with clues to combine with the map to find the secrets. They could be secret codes, or anything. The Skull Kid will stay by your side, as he may need to translate writing for you. Link can find his way through the Palace without it, but the hints and the map will make things easier.

The map still shows all the rooms,and the compass will show chests, but it can be tricky when Link might find a secret passageway and wound out on the 5th floor when Link originally was on the 2nd floor. Needless to say, this dungeon will be a mind freak for Link and the Skull Kid. However, to make things a little more interesting so that Link isn't spending the whole time pulling out your hair, there will be enemies in areas. In fact, Link will learn a song in the main room that allows him to call forth enemies whenever he wishes. So, if Link gets tired of looking ands want to fight when no enemies are around, simply play the song and enemies will appear, they vary depending on which room you are in. They may also leave behind more clues to the origin of the palace and its secrets. At this point, if Link notices a chest disappear from the map, it would be because the enemy carried the contents.

Mini Boss: Jester Queen, Sharimyl

When Link finally finds his way to a certain room on floor 7, he will fight the mini-boss, the Jester Queen, Sharimyl. She is the holder of the triforce of power after the jesters invaded and stole the triforce earlier in the game. Sharimyl is a bit of a power hungry cretin. She is arrogant and believes that she cannot be beaten by anyone. By the way, Link acquired his triforce of courage in the dungeon before by defeating the Jester Lord's Right Hand Man known as Korikon, a jester who fought with a scythe. Why the jesters didn't just use the triforce when they had it already? Who knows. Why do the sages continuously seal off Ganon instead of killing him?

Anyways, after beating the power hungry arrogant queen, Link will acquire the jester's helmet. This helmet is specially made to find the secret paths through the palace, and to make Link look like a mis-matching freak. Link can now go and backtrack through the dungeon if he wishes with his more complete map, or he can go through to the second half of the dungeon. The second half is much shorter than the first, and the puzzles won't mind freak Link as much now that he has the jester's helmet. Anyways, through a couple more puzzles, Link will find the door to the boss room. If Link took the helmet off it will appear that it is locked, and if Link goes and gets every chest in the dungeon, he will never find a boss key. That's because if Link has the helmet on, he will notice the door doesn't actually have a lock on it, so he can just open it and go in. The Skull Kid won't be able to go in because he doesn't have the helmet.

Boss: Jester King, Aradon

Upon entering the room, Link will find himself in a room, with a colorful floor and black walls. On the walls, there are mirrors, and in front of him, is a little throne area, where Aradon will be sitting. Aradon looks at Link and sees the helmet, which Aradon replies to with, "I see you've killed my wife," Aradon will then go through his little monlogue talking about the triforce and the goddesses, basically just telling a history lesson. Unlike any of the bosses before, Aradon is extremely stable and level-headed, in his own way. He seems to show no remorse over the death of his wife, and shows little exaggerated emotion throughout the entire battle. His attitude may come off as arrogant, but by the way he battles, and the way he talks, he shows that he doesn't believe he is unbeatable. Thus being the reason that he fits with the triforce of wisdom.

By the way he battles, he should have more reason to be confident than anyone else. He is known by those who have heard of him as the "Strategical Genius," and for good reason. The entire first part of the battle is set up to where without the helmet Link would have an extremely hard time just hitting him. Aradon splits himself into three, and travels through the mirrors on the wall, to try and attack Link. With the helmet on, Link see which of the mirrors Aradon will come out from behind, as it will be colored differently every time. After about three hits on the real Aradon, Aradon will come up through a trap door behind Link and punch him in the back of the head, causing him to fall, and his helmet to fall off. Aradon will kick the helmet across the room, and the next stage of the battle begins.

Link can retrieve the helmet (which could help him in this part), but it could be risky to do so with Aradon getting back to his old tricks. He will return to using the mirrors and now the floor, to use trap doors to battle. The only thing Link can do, is try to shoot Aradon with a light arrow, as no other arrows will work on him, or try to hit him with the Master Sword when he gets close. He can also use bombs to blow up some of the mirrors, but that's hardly necessary. The intended way to defeat Aradon is this battle, is to wait for him to go through a trap door in the floor. Link can block Aradon's strikes with his shield. Once he goes through a trap door in the ground, Link can either jump into the trap door and fight him beneath the ground, or drop a bomb down the hole and watch as an explosion sends Aradon flying through one of the mirrors. The bomb is less risky, as Aradon can fight back if Link jumps after him.

After a few hits, Aradon will slide under his throne and through a trap door. If Link hasn't picked his helmet back up yet, it is crucial he do so now. When he follows Aradon down the hole, he will then be in a dead end stairway with mirrors on the walls. Three Aradons will appear, and Link will have to follow the correct one through the constant mirror stairway maze into the final room. Link needs to be careful here too however as Aradon will attack Link sometimes. If Link goes through the wrong door, he will fall into a room with enemies with a locked door. Defeating those enemies, the door will be unlocked, and he will fall through one of the mirrors in the room were he first fought Aradon. He can then can go back down the trap door under the throne where Aradon will be waiting again. He will say something along the lines of, "The hero of time can't play a little game of follow the leader?" Anyways, when Link finally finishes the mirror stairway maze, (which pretty much is almost just like following Dampe for the hookshot in OoT), he will finally make it to the final battle arena.

The top room is a pretty much a platform of rock, surrounded by lava. Aradon will introduce Link to his room, and go to pick up a staff from the ground on the other side of the room. This room is specially made to be heat resistant, so that the lava won't destroy the entire palace. Anyways, Aradon will pull the top of his staff as a sword will come out of what appears to have been a sheath. The next battle will be a good old-fashioned sword fight, and Link can find two fairies in pots by the door which Aradon won't stop him from getting. Aradon has some cheap tactics, as his staff possesses magic powers which will do things like making lava pour onto the battlefield. Eventually, Link and Aradon will be left with only a circular area for battling, and Aradon will stop using the lava for the time being. After defeating Aradon once and for all, Aradon's staff will fall into the lava and Link will run over to him. Aradon will put his hand up and speak, "That's enough, our king. This battle doesn't need to continue, you're ready." Link will be somewhat puzzled as the Skull Kid, Korikon and Zelda walk through the door. Aradon will smile at them and speak, "Zelda, our queen. Skull Kid and Korikon, our faithful companions. So nice to see you're all okay."

Link will still be confused before Aradon continues talking. "You are truly worthy of being the hero of the world, Link. I feel comfortable leaving this land in your hands for the final battle. My wife and I made a huge mistake when we angered the goddesses of the triforce. I was corrupted by my wife's thirst for power, when she asked me to steal the power of the goddesses, I had to go along with it. She was not pleased when I only gifted her with the triforce of power however, as she wanted it all. She wanted wisdom, courage and power so that she could have her wish fulfilled by the goddesses. I sent Korikon away to the Twilit Realm figuring she might try to kill the both of us to get that ultimate power. Why did I take it you ask? I was a foolish man, and I was in love. In love with the girl who I grew up with by my side. She was always there for me, I felt I owed it to her to do that for her. As I said though, just power wasn't enough for her, she wanted to take the place as the true goddess. The King sent you here to take us all down, but he did not know of mine own struggles. He did not know that I separated the triforce to keep the land of Hyrule safe from my own wife's greed and selfishness. If only I had known back then how she would turn. It would have saved a whole lot of trouble. Now, the king is reviving the angered goddesses. They have spoke to him, told him that if he does this for them, that they will spare him and his family, and recreate the world anew. The goddesses are not happy with their creation and wish to eliminate us all. You four, are the only ones that an destroy the triforce for good. You are the only ones who can stop the goddesses from destroying this land. The king does not know that the goddesses do not intend to keep their promises. When they wipe out the people, we will all go. Stop them, so that the people of this world may live to see another day. It is your choice on how you will shape the world. There are four possible outcomes. The world will be destroyed, or you can save the world, either through power, or courage, or wisdom. I do not know what you will choose, but show the goddesses that this world is worth their creation, in whichever way you must. This is your future to shape, and I hope the four of you can keep the world as we know it in tact. Forgive me for my evil doings before I pass on into the next life."

Korikon will reply, "You, you don't have to go, you can come with us."

"No, I can't Korikon," Aradon will say in reply. "I have destroyed this world by angering the goddesses, and it is not mine to fix. I tested this boy to make him stronger so that he would be prepared for this day. So please, before I pass, forgive me."

Link will smile and nod before Aradon smile and nods back. Aradon will speak once more, "Go now, to the King's Empire, there, surely your destiny will unfold. I will open the way."

The lava around will swirl up and turn into a portal and the helmet will turn into a new sword known as "The Goddesses' Blade," forged with the powers of the triforce in the lava of his room. Aradon transformed it into the helmet, and never told Sharimyl. Not that she would have been able to awaken the power anyways. Aradon will then say his last words, "I disguised this blade as the helmet, hoping that I could entrust it to you, hero of the world."

Aradon will then die, as Link will head to through the portal with Zelda, Skull Kid and Korikon, ready for the final battle.

Enemies

Fodder Jesters
Keese
Jack in the Boxes
Painting Ghouls
Wizzrobes

H

Howl

The Woodwork Labyrinth

Sort of the combination of a water level, wind level, and a forest level, this dungeon is a massive structure made of bamboo-type wood that that is a primitive power plant for the town it sits next to. The power is generated by the river it sits on as well as by the wind that blows through it and the wood it's made of serves as the 'plumbing,' which comes into play a lot in puzzles and navigation.
As for a boss, um, how about a huge puppet that looks like some sort of crazy woodwind instrument? A name could be...
Clockwork Malefactor: Pahnflewt (pronounced panflute)

Name: Belfry of Shadow
Enemies: Keese, Fire/Ice Keese, Shalocks( a new enemy that are basically shadow keese).
Description: It would be a big tower that would be spiraled up, until you reach the top.
Mini-Boss: Gomess.
Item: After beating the mini boss you get the bow and arrows. Now you can go back down to the lower levels of the dungeon and shoot those eye things to move on in the dungeon.
Boss: I call him King Keese. He is a giant keese that is defeated by the arrows. His stages are as follow:
1st stage: He flies around the room screeching(looking for you) When he screeches you either have to stop moving or equip(the optional) sound armor(it absorbs sound waves instead of bouncing them off). You have to turn on the lights in this room by hitting switches, so you can blind him.
2nd stage: He starts actually trying to attack you. Every so often he opens himself up to being shot at with the arrows. This stage is easy.
3rd stage: He screeches directly at you to freeze you and then swoops down and claws you. This can be taken care of two ways. One way is to have the sound armor. Another is to stand directly under him while he screeches and he will miss. When either of these things happen, you can hit him with arrows. It takes 10 arrows to defeat him.

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
Read bottom to find where I got the idea. I have had this idea for a while now: Abandoned Bathhouse

I was thinking of a dungeon in an abandoned wasteland on the verge of the desert. The gerudos used to live there i guess. It's not really a temple or anything like that. It's called Abandoned Bathhouse. I pictured a town and then the bathhouse at the end. With a bridge connecting a small isle above an endless canyon (where the bathhouse is) to the gerudo abandoned city. I picture that you cross the bridge and you're at the dungeon.

It really doesn't have a theme, but if it did, it'd be an illusion/ mist type dungeon. There are 5 main floors and a basement. The top 4 floors wrap around the base of the building and if you jumped off one of them you'd be in the room where you entered the bathhouse, 1F. I pictured the first thing you have to do is not enter the actual structure, but fight and find a key in the garden outside until you find the door that takes you to the stairs on the outside of the building. This leads to an entrance to the basement. In the basement there's a mini bossish type fight with a darknut and after our victory you pull a handle to release the water stored in the resovoir below. the endless canyon below the bridge is filled with water, and now the gear to open the front door works. Note: Most of the enemies are keese, lizalfos, one darknut, and a lot of bokoboblins in the basement and upper floors. No enemies on the first floor, which is where all the bath's in the bathhouse are.

Inside the main building, your job is to make it to the top room which has stairs leading to the top of the bathhouse where you think the boss is. The temple itself involves an elevator that takes you to floor 2 (and some stairs leading from one floor to another, although most stairs are destroyed), and some sides of the floors you can't reach until you get the dungeon item. The bow.

(I pictured this as about the 5th dungeon in a game I'm trying to create in my mind =P, so this is the first dungeon after re-powering the master sword. Trying is to get a shard of the triforce of courage. So it's not late in the game, so you get the bow midway through, like in OoT) You beat the mini boss in a mist oriented battle activated as you hit a switch on the 3rd floor. This triggers the main room to fill with steam as the baths on this floor are filling with hot water. The fight is back in the main room, and activates as you reach 1F. Kill the mini boss with the newly added beam from your Master Sword

After the fight with the spirit of the mist is over, you get the bow and can now shoot switches which will seemly do nothing. But they actually allow invisible walkways to be made across the center of the upper floors so you can now access rooms previously impossible to get to. After beating the dungeon by entering the "boss" room, you immediately get grabbed by a dark magic hand from behind, you get pulled out and slammed into the main floor.

You get teleported up to on top of the bathhouse roof and see one of Ganondorf's three servants, a Garo master resurrected and used for ganondorf's doing. He is there because he noticed the water flowing from the bathhouse, which hadn't been released since Ganondorf's rise. (He has taken over Hyrule and the idea for the game is almost like an apocalypse type zelda and link) Well the Garo draws magic from an old aged ganondorf at Hyrule Castle. The magic summons a spirit to defeat Link and step into the triforce portal on the roof and take the shard of the triforce of courage.

The garo master retreats and lets the spirit, Dark Link, take over the fight. The raining whether turns calm, and the top of the roof turns into glass flooring, almost like water, and there is a tree where the portal to the triforce was. The fight takes place almost exactly like the water temple mini boss fight, except there's no megaton hammer to beat him easy ;D. The way to beat him easy enough this time is to distract him with an arrow that almost hits him and then swipe him with your sword. If you actually hit him with anything but the master sword, you'll take damage as well, so you can't actually shoot him with the arrows. The difficult and original way is to have an epic sword fight =D.

After he is defeated, you step in to the tree (which is actually where the portal is because the illusion doesn't wear off after dark link's death) and are teleported to the sacred realm where the three goddesses speak to you and grant you the shard of triforce. You must prove yourself worthy of the triforce for the other pieces as well.

Well sorry, that was really long and it seems like i have no life to come up with this but i get bored alot. I thought of this all two weeks ago basically. But the inspiration i got the idea of the bathhouse from was Hiyeo Miyazaki's Spirited Away. I pictured the bridge and basement exactly like how it is in the movie, except the outside of the bathhouse is white and taller. The inside is almost exactly the same except more abandoned and ruined looking. Sorry for the long idea :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom