• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Majora's Plans

Before we get started, let's look at what we do know about majora and what his plans were.

So we know that he invaded skull kid and took total control over his body. Why he did that, we don't know. I think that he needed a body to control and he somehow tempted skull kid to wear him. Think back to the story that tatl tells you. When skull kid picks up the mask, he just stares at it for a long time. My belief is that majora was hypnotizing him when he stared at it.

We also know that majora tried to use the moon to crush termina. Where did he get the moon? Two theories that I can think of are that he created it or he took control over it and for some reason gave it a freaky face. Maybe this sounds crazy to you guys but I believe he took control of it. My reason being that when you're in central clock town, there's a big tower that the fat worker guys are building. On top of it is a dude (i can't remember if he's a fat guy or not) who is looking at the moon. If you target him, and talk he will say "Hey! The moon!" He doesn't say "Hey! A MOON!" he says "The moon". Meaning he's seen that moon before but it's different now. Maybe that's a longshot of a theory but hey, it's a theory.

There's another thing that's part of Majoras plans that's rather blurry in my opinion, and that's the temple bosses. Did majora create them? In my opinion, probobly not. If he did, He could just use the twinmolds to crush termina. Did he hire them? Again, probobly not because AGAIN he just could have used the twinmolds. Were they just there and majora didn't know? Maybe. And in my opinion the most proboble (did I spell that right?) theory of all, he found them in the temples and they (for some reason) aren't allowed to leave. Not everything is explainable, but people like me try our best to shine light on the unexplainable.

Last but not least, why. Why was Majora doing this? What was he going to do after termina was destroyed? If you ask me, nothing. Majora is a demented freak and a demon. He was doing this out of pure evil. He wanted the people of termina to suffer (and he came pretty darn to close to doing so). That's why I think he was trying to destroy termina. Because he's an evil demented freak.

Well that's it. This was a pretty long thread and i'm kinda getting tired. What do you think majoras plans were? Hope this helps!:)

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
lol just finished watching the third Pokémon movie. Very similar relationship there.

Anyways, I haven't actually pieced together any coherent theory involving majora/moon children/hms yet. I think perhaps Majora is a 'child' who is exploring what is right and wrong, what makes people happy, etc. It may not have learned to perceive others' feelings yet, and is trying to make itself happy. Majora is just a little further behind the other four moon children developmentally, who are just beginning to contemplate how things work from other people's perspective (overcoming their egocentrism - this puts them late (and Majora early) in Piaget's concrete operational stage of development). They ask questions like 'does what makes you happy make others happy too?' and 'do your friends think of you as a friend?' The Majora child, however, shows no such concern. It uses SK as a puppet, creates mischief in Termina, attempts to destroy clock town, and forces Link to play the oni without considering how he feels about it. The other children do imprison the giants, so this is something I will have to contemplate further. Perhaps Majora pressured them into it.

eh, getting too far off topic. OT: Majora planned on being happy, finding its purpose in life, etc. After destroying clock town, it probably would have assessed how happy it was, analyzed the whole line of events, and moved on to something else it thought would make it happy and hopefully make it grow cognitively.

Alternatively, this whole child psyche hypothesis could be overanalyzing it and Majora could just be an evil power as the HMS said. In that case, I think you'd be right in that Majora really had no plans, but was only doing what was in its nature. (Water doesn't plan on flowing downstream.)

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I always just assumed Majora's Plan was to go back to the moon in an attempt to escape Termina. However if you think about it that way that means that Majora isn't actually evil, it just doesn't like Terminian people.

Ganondork

goo
My theory is this; The Happy Mask Salesman was in on this. He had the Skull Kid "steal" Majora's Mask from him, because another posssible theory is he is a descendant from the ancient tribe. In a test of Link, he unleashes Majora on Termina. Majora creates the Moon in his twisted image and sends it hurtling towards Termina, and all the people in it. As for the bosses, they have a dfferent motive - keep the giants away. The giants, when released, sent the moon back into space, so they needed to be imprisoned. Now of course, the Happy Mask Salesman had very good control over Majora. Majora's role was simply to keep Link's attention for the three days it took for the Moon to crash down, then he would slip away. Now, one cannot keep control over an entity like Majora for long, and after the 3-day cycle, he would probably have zero control oer Majora. But, he'd be long gone by then, because the Moon would have crushed him, and Link along with it. The Happy Mask Salesman would make a clean esacpe without a worry, because Link is dead, Majora is no threat, and the Giants have no control over the situation. From all of this, Majora is clearly not the mastermind; the Happy Mask Salesman is.

I think your theory is interesting, ganondork. However, when the mask salesman finds out that link didn't get back majora, he spazzes out. I don't think he's pretending. I don't think the happy mask salesman set it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom