• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majoras Origins

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
This thread is for people to express there ideas on Majora's origins even if they may have little proof behind them:

Mying:
This first part takes place before OoT.
Majora Nohansen Hyrule and Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule were brothers and were the sons of the King of Hyrule. When the King of Hyrule died he left the throne to One of his sons Majora but Daphnes found out and banished Majora to the dungeon. Majora using the people he knew and supported him broke out of jail. He and his servants and supporters decided to start a war against Daphnes. He took his people and put them in dark Tunics with long Dark Hats and they all attacked Hyrule. In the last and final attack against Daphnes Majora wore a Purple mask and when he fought threw and went to kill Daphnes he was threwted when he found out that Daphnes had planned for this and had two Dark Magicians who used there power to seal Majora in his mask thus making Majora's Mask.

Now, to keep him away from his army Daphnes took the mask and hid it in a place that no one would ever find a place deep inside the Lost Woods. A dream like land (kind of like Koholint.)Termina. He then to keep the two from ever getting back together he banished Army now known as the Dark Interlopers into the Mirror of Twilight.

Many years later in Termina deep inside Ikana Valley. A war had erupted between the Garo and the Ikana. During that war the Garo were pushed into hiding in the Stone Tower Temple. One Garo exploring the temple found the mask deep in a deserty chamber deep in the Temple. Using this power of the mask he tried to end the war but only turned the Garo into Ghosts and killing off all the Ikanas except the King and his two royal Guards. The Mask was later found in the middle of the valley by the happy Mask Sales man who had heard of a mysterious mask that was hidden there. he found it and when he tried to bring it back to Hyrule he was attacked by the Skull Kid. The Skull Kid then put on the mask and gained the power of it but also became controlled. Majora stuck in the mask knew the only way to ever be able to get out of Termina was destroying it which would destroy the Dream Land putting him in Hyrule. But 3 days later when the Moon was about to destroy termina when a Green looking Dark Interloper (Link) came and called the giants which were friends of the Skull Kid before Majora took control of him. They held the moon up while Link and Majora's mask fought inside the moon. Link defeating Majora's Mask is let out of the moon and the Mask is given back to the Happy Mask Salesman. Until this day we don't know if Link actually defeated the mask or not because the game doesn't have another including Majora. But we think he did.

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
great idea. my idea though is that majora originated before hyrule was even made. it is a fan-fic about majora being from an ancient tribe when termina and hyrule were once one dimension. although this is when there were only tribes instead of races. now majora was a part of the Ravenger tribe. one day the Ravengers grew power hungry. they started attacking other tribes till they came to the Historians tribe and the Black tribe. now the Historians were a race that was not very skilled in swordmanship but in magic. the Black tribe on the other hand was a tribe of blacksmiths that were skilled with swords. they combined their power by enchanting a sword and wrote out scrolls. on the day the Ravengers attacked the Historians took the sword and scolls and sealed away the three tribes. many years passed and epmad the grave digger dug up a scoll and gave it to his constant visitor Link. Link, having his father being a knight had connection to Princess Zelda. he brought the scroll to her and she told the story of the tribes. meanwhile a theif found a similar scroll in the desert. it was the scroll that contained the spirit of majora. as you meet him constantly you notice a horn floating above his head. he is gathering darkness and forming the mask. once you find all of the scrolls and the legendary sword you fight him. once you kill him his spirit is sealed inside the mask. after that you see the happy mask salesman run up and take the mask(gotta love easter eggs:P)

I always thought Majora was part of either the Twili or the Sheikah, assumably the sheikah. Because I always thought they were much more, what's the word -- severe to people. I don't know if it's just me but I actually do think the Sheikah (hundreds of years before OoT) were a menacing race that attacked.

EDIT: Anyone agree with me?

C

Cobalt

I've never really viewed Majora as having any type of backstory. I always enjoyed the fact that I didn't know. However, to take a stab at it, I'll say that the mask harnesses the power of some banished or possibly non-existent god. Majora being one entity, and the Feirce Deity (or "Angry God") being the other, together being opposing forces, which is why Link is granted the latter.

As for how they got that way, your guess is as good as mine. Hyrulian mythology only gives us the three Creator Gods, and doesn't confirm the existence of others, assuming because Din, Nayru, and Farore covered everything in the Creation story. It could be possible that there is a heirarchy of gods whose powers lie below the Creators, and Majora and Feirce Deity were once part of it. They get into some kind of squabble, and are banished into masks for eternity. Or, to make it really cool, were taken out by a much earlier version of The Hero. (This is the version the manga follows, at least for Majora)

It might also be possible that the mask is just a very powerful mask with powers to grant the wearer what it wants, and is named after its creator, Majora. This could work, as Skull Kid was in a very depressed state when he found the mask. It granted him his wishes, which just kept getting more and more outlandish, until the magic had been exposed to his will for so long, it perverted it and made its own personality, seperate from Skull Kid, which is why it abandons him and heads to the moon.

Well, there's some food for thought. Hope you enjoyed my rambling.

startimer

Resident Cartographer
great idea. my idea though is that majora originated before hyrule was even made. it is a fan-fic about majora being from an ancient tribe when termina and hyrule were once one dimension. although this is when there were only tribes instead of races. now majora was a part of the Ravenger tribe. one day the Ravengers grew power hungry. they started attacking other tribes till they came to the Historians tribe and the Black tribe. now the Historians were a race that was not very skilled in swordmanship but in magic. the Black tribe on the other hand was a tribe of blacksmiths that were skilled with swords. they combined their power by enchanting a sword and wrote out scrolls. on the day the Ravengers attacked the Historians took the sword and scolls and sealed away the three tribes. many years passed and epmad the grave digger dug up a scoll and gave it to his constant visitor Link. Link, having his father being a knight had connection to Princess Zelda. he brought the scroll to her and she told the story of the tribes. meanwhile a theif found a similar scroll in the desert. it was the scroll that contained the spirit of majora. as you meet him constantly you notice a horn floating above his head. he is gathering darkness and forming the mask. once you find all of the scrolls and the legendary sword you fight him. once you kill him his spirit is sealed inside the mask. after that you see the happy mask salesman run up and take the mask(gotta love easter eggs:P)

lol deity. aside from being worded differently, this is my story of Majora's origins. purely fanfic, though.

PO-SES-SHUN!!!

N

nfl797

No here is the truth about Majora

Majora was originally a huge dragon-like creature, who guarded an empty land that was neither moving or dead. This dragon's armor was sought after, as it was believed that the armor could grant wishes and give power. Many came hoping to claim the armor for their own reason, be them good or evil, but Majora killed them all. One day, a man came to the land (who looked alot like Fierce Deity Link), and played music for Majora, who danced for three days and three nights before dying, supposedly allowing time to move forward. The man then carved a mask from the creature's hide, hoping to seal its power.

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
No here is the truth about Majora

Majora was originally a huge dragon-like creature, who guarded an empty land that was neither moving or dead. This dragon's armor was sought after, as it was believed that the armor could grant wishes and give power. Many came hoping to claim the armor for their own reason, be them good or evil, but Majora killed them all. One day, a man came to the land (who looked alot like Fierce Deity Link), and played music for Majora, who danced for three days and three nights before dying, supposedly allowing time to move forward. The man then carved a mask from the creature's hide, hoping to seal its power.

thats in the manga and you NEVER trust the manga because it is NOT made by nintendo and holds no truth in side events like that

The manga is purely non-canonical information on Zelda. The people in charge of it asked Miyamato if it can be canonical, but he turned them down. It is now purely fan fiction.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
yes it is. all non-canonical.purely another fan fic because if you read them they tell stories of some of the games that are the opposite of what happens.

Steve

5/19/13
Honestly, nothing more than the spirit of mischief sealed within a mask, probably the spirit of the Fierce Deity's Mask, if anything. Makes sense that it would end how it began. I personally believe the tribe said to have used it was the Ikana, seems likely seeing as they died out, and all that's left seems to be the cursed living dead, perhaps a result of Majora's Mask. I'm not sure why people insist the Sheikah or Twili used it, seeing as they only exist in Hyrule, and the mask's origin is of Termina.

N

nfl797

The manga is purely non-canonical information on Zelda. The people in charge of it asked Miyamato if it can be canonical, but he turned them down. It is now purely fan fiction.

o sorry i thought nintendo told the manga people to put that:hmm:

Where does it say the Sheikah and Twili do not exist within different lands? Though it may be unlikely, you can't say that the Sheikah or Twili for that matter never existed anywhere besides Hyrule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom