• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Relation to the Sheikah?

T

Toon Link 989

If you have a ZU, then you have probably know of this, but whatever,

Okay, in a theory about the HMS, I got this theory:

How would a mask salesman get a hold of a mask so evil?

He obviously has to be part of this old tribe that used Majora's Mask for their hexing rituals. My theory is that the MM is a mask of the Sheikah, leading to the possibility that the HMS is a Sheikah. Think about it: his eyes are red. Red eyes are a trait in them. Plus, in OoT, the HMS gives you the Mask of Truth.

Now, look at Majora's Mask:
27xgiyr.jpg

Okay, now look at the Sheikah Emblem:
24l0f4m.png

See the resemblances?

Notice the spikes on Majora's Mask. They resemble those of the Sheikah Emblem.

If you look at MM closely and add some minor changes to the eyes, it resembles the eye of the Sheikah Emblem.

So, this is why I think the MM is related to the Sheikah. But then, did the Sheikah have something against the Terminan? Meh. Let's not go there yet.

What do you guys think?
*Please correct me on anything if I'm wrong.*

FindSkullkid

The Energy Never Dies.
Dude. This would be an awesome twist in plots in one of the newer zelda games. I hope they make one that branches off of Majora's Mask unlike the 10 others that branched off OoT. At least have a Termina Field. :P That's a good observation! I never realized that.

T

Toon Link 989

Dude. This would be an awesome twist in plots in one of the newer zelda games. I hope they make one that branches off of Majora's Mask unlike the 10 others that branched off OoT. At least have a Termina Field. :P That's a good observation! I never realized that.

People on ZU kept saying no, that the three spikes on the Sheikah Emblem represented the Triforce. They apparently didn't think outside the box like I did.
MM could have a relationship to the Triforce somehow, too.

And yeah. A game that branches off of MM would be awesome. ^.^

I don't see the similarity in appearance.

wait, there is an upside down triforce in stone tower you say? is this true?

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I don't see the similarity in appearance.

wait, there is an upside down triforce in stone tower you say? is this true?
Rotate the Sheikah Eye 135 degrees counter clockwiseand it should become apparent. My wording was confusing Those pillars that are past the Owl Staue when you flip the Stone Tower by the crystal outside you see an emblem of the Triforce on the backside of the pillars.

I kind of doubt it, the Sheikah were/are the defenders of the Hylian royal family, not demon worshipers. Granted, they ARE the shadow people witch may suggest they used to be a dark people. But Majora appears to exist only in Termina. Unless there is another connection between Termina and Hyrule in Kakariko. Or they could be from Termina seeking refuge in Hyrule because they were kicked out for creating Majora's Mask. These are all just theories though since no one knows for sure.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I kind of doubt it, the Sheikah were/are the defenders of the Hylian royal family, not demon worshipers. Granted, they ARE the shadow people witch may suggest they used to be a dark people. But Majora appears to exist only in Termina. Unless there is another connection between Termina and Hyrule in Kakariko. Or they could be from Termina seeking refuge in Hyrule because they were kicked out for creating Majora's Mask. These are all just theories though since no one knows for sure.

I think the "Shadow Folk" meant (at the time, at least) that they were simply a race that lived in the shadows. In secret. We'll see if that changes in Skyward Sword.

HMS is a mask salesman, he collects masks but it would be a very cool twist if he was a Sheikah. But as we have only one confirmed Sheikah (Impa), and she had dark skin we have to assume all Sheikah are that way (please don't take that as racist).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom