• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Majora's Mask Prequel

I was thinking they should make a majora's mask prequel. Going back to when the ancient tribe used the mask for hexing rituals. It could be about them attacking a town, or taking over an area of termina and oppressing the people and link has to be sneaky. It could also be linked to one of the groups there, say the gerudo pirates, maybe they were originally the tribe. It could also go into detail about the war that happened in ikana canyon between the ikana army and garo. Prehaps the Garo were being oppressed by the ikana army and then they crafted the mask and took over then link sealed the mask away and then they continued the war. also it should be a proper zelda game, no motion control bull ****. Anyways, just a thought. Let me know your opinion.

I'd like an MM prequel, (it'd be more likely in terms of story to do a prequel with a Link before the Hero of Time, discovering Termina in a 'hero that never was' kind of way which would feel like a Zelda sidestory in much the way MM was original and still was kind of designed). With SS, nintendo made something out of nothing , we didnt really need to know what it told us and Demise didn't do much to add to the mythos of Zelda since it is common knowledge that the ones chosen by the Goddess repeat throughout the generations if they're linked by blood or not, so too the Master Sword forging felt forced, we re-imbued its power in WW and have done sword forging in a lot of other games prior to SS. And so I think doing something more with Termina would be really good, we may not have seen all of it in MM, or maybe we did, maybe it is that small. But then at the same time, MM was such a one off that stories around it would probably really subtract from its mystique.

I'd rather just have another completely batty Zelda game outside of Termina, say batting Link around the head, knocking him out and playing a very odd Dream much like Link's Awakening just darker and weirder. =]

Last edited:
i know ocarina of time is a prequel seems as link rides into termina from hyrule, im saying before all that, like centuries before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom