• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Majora's Mask in Link's House/Ravio's Shop *Possible Spoilers?*

So, I've been thinking about this a lot lately. With Hyrule Historia out and and an official timeline set, Nintendo has to be really careful about any sort of canonical errors. I feel that at this point, most things are deliberate in Zelda games. That said, Majora's Mask's cameo appearance in ALBW bugs me.

ALBW worlds, we know, takes place on the Fallen Hero timeline during the Era of Light and Dark, which eventually leads to the Era of Decline [Legend of Zelda and Adventure of Link].
By this logic, MM has no canonical business in this timeline, since MM causes issues in the Child Time. MM is in Link's house BEFORE Ravio appears, which means it was in his possession (NOT Ravio's), throwing out any theories I once had about the tribe that made MM existed in Lorule and somehow made it into Hyrule by other means in the child Timeline.

I've come to the conclusion that MM was put on the wall as a big nudge/hint that a remake/remaster/port of Majora's Mask is on the way (perhaps I'm just too damn optimistic), but the appearance of such a heavy item in terms of plot (after all, it was the major plot point of an ENTIRE game) is too much for me to accept as just a simple wink to the audience.

What do you guys think?

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
So, I've been thinking about this a lot lately. With Hyrule Historia out and and an official timeline set, Nintendo has to be really careful about any sort of canonical errors. I feel that at this point, most things are deliberate in Zelda games. That said, Majora's Mask's cameo appearance in ALBW bugs me.

ALBW worlds, we know, takes place on the Fallen Hero timeline during the Era of Light and Dark, which eventually leads to the Era of Decline [Legend of Zelda and Adventure of Link].
By this logic, MM has no canonical business in this timeline, since MM causes issues in the Child Time. MM is in Link's house BEFORE Ravio appears, which means it was in his possession (NOT Ravio's), throwing out any theories I once had about the tribe that made MM existed in Lorule and somehow made it into Hyrule by other means in the child Timeline.

I've come to the conclusion that MM was put on the wall as a big nudge/hint that a remake/remaster/port of Majora's Mask is on the way (perhaps I'm just too damn optimistic), but the appearance of such a heavy item in terms of plot (after all, it was the major plot point of an ENTIRE game) is too much for me to accept as just a simple wink to the audience.

What do you guys think?
I think it could be hinting a remake but it vould have something to do with the diary you find at ravios house in hero mode so if anyone has gotten to hero mode and read the diary please tell what it says

As far as we know though, Tingle never almost destroyed a different parallel Hyrule. I can write off Tingle as an Easter egg, but with fans breathing down Nintendo's neck for some MM love (to the point they even issued a response) I doubt they would do something and not expect us to question it's placement. They could have just as easily put any other item that wasn't so significant.

i think that its useless in albw, its just a mask.

Yeah, I know it has no uses in-game. I'm talking about outside implications its appearance has.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
The way I see it, I think it's pretty much a near confirmation at the remake. I haven't gotten to ravio's diary in Hero mode yet, but upon messing around in Link's house, I noticed something. I was merged into the wall wearing the red mail, when I went and put the mask over link's face. What I then saw from that was odd. It looked like I was playing as skull kid now. Not only that, but the sprite for it is off for the style of a link between worlds. It's an OoT/MM style sprite. I think the game is nearly ready and Nintendo is just like "Look at it. Look. at. it." I know it's a pretty weak thing to say it's near confirmation, but I personally think it is. I think this E3 we will get info on ZeldaU and Nintendo will say that to hold us over until ZeldaU, MM will be remade

The way I see it, I think it's pretty much a near confirmation at the remake. I haven't gotten to ravio's diary in Hero mode yet, but upon messing around in Link's house, I noticed something. I was merged into the wall wearing the red mail, when I went and put the mask over link's face. What I then saw from that was odd. It looked like I was playing as skull kid now. Not only that, but the sprite for it is off for the style of a link between worlds. It's an OoT/MM style sprite. I think the game is nearly ready and Nintendo is just like "Look at it. Look. at. it." I know it's a pretty weak thing to say it's near confirmation, but I personally think it is. I think this E3 we will get info on ZeldaU and Nintendo will say that to hold us over until ZeldaU, MM will be remade

Yeah, it's placement on the wall is clearly designed so that you appear to be wearing the mask when you merge behind it. Although, to be fair, there were other places in the game that had a similar effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom