• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Great Bay Temple Trouble

S

Stormblood

Hi all,

So, I've been a bit silly. I've had the hardest time besting Gyorg at the end of the Great Bay Temple and made the mistake of playing the Song of Time. I realize I'm now looking at a second playthrough of this least favourite MM dungeon of mine and was wondering about a few things.

1. Are there ANY rooms I can skip since I've already gathered all necessary items during my first playthrough of the temple?

2. I keep seeing tutorials where people do this amazing Zora swimming move where they seem to twirl through the water like a fan or boat engine of sorts. Now, I've read that the Japanese version of the game contained a few small differences in regards to the moveset in the North American and European editions of the game. All I seem to manage with my European version is a sort of underwater salto, but certainly not a horizontal twirl. Am I that poor a swimmer or did I overlook something?

3. Whenever Gyorg is hit by either your Zora fins or an arrow, he's stunned. Now, the general strategy is to get in the water with him and zap him with the electric shield, but is it theoretically possible to just fire more arrows or fins into that ugly gob of his and damage him that way rather than getting close and being at terrible risk of not getting away quickly enough(this seems to be my problem in this fight most of the time- I can't get to and from Gyorg fast enough)?

I'd be much obliged if you could help me out!

P.S. Drank some Chateau Romani and brought three bottled fairies in preparation for this fight. It's basically a waste of a First Day, but I hope to swoop through this dungeon as quickly as possible. Do you recommend this strategy?

You can skip the room where you get the Ice Arrows, but apart from that... you still have to go to practically every room. On the other hand, you can just straight up ignore the dungeon map, the compass, the small key(s?) and the stray fairies. I think you have to activate all of the water switches, but if you plan it out well you only have to do each 'loop' of the dungeon once, and you'll only need to change the water direction once.

The walkthrough on this site says that after you stun him, you can only damage him with Zora Link's abilities. I've never been able to do damage with the boomerangs from the platform, so I think the electric shield's probably your best bet. You only need six hits to kill him.

Assuming you've picked up the double defense, have a couple of bottles with fairies (fairies are ridiculous in OoT and MM) and have a decent amount of heart containers, this battle really isn't difficult. If you have none of these, it's pretty awful (Gyorg has postponed my minimalist three-heart run for now, heh), but with them you just have so much health it's hard to lose. The main reason that Gyorg can be difficult is his bite, where he is totally invincible when he tries to bite you (and really hard to dodge, too), and he deals two hearts. You want to be out of the water as much as possible, basically. If you've not seen Gyorg in a while, get into the middle of the platform so he doesn't knock you into the water. He can jump over the platform, too, but the damage is tiny so it doesn't matter too much if you're not prepared. When you go for the hit on Gyorg, try to angle it so you're not swimming away directly infront of him, because that quickly leads to being bitten. With a bit of practice, you can jump out of the water onto the platform with Zora Link rather than rising up to the surface and climbing on it, which saves a huge amount of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom