• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Majora's Mask:Darkest, Funnest, Most Original Game in the Series..Or is It?!tuntuntun

T

Tranceparty455

Out of my top three favorites, Link to the Past, ooT, and Majora's mask, i say majora.

This game is so damn cool! I think that the whole doomsday concept makes it the darkest game in the series. I love how you can play with time, wear really creepy masks, and the sidequests in it are so much fun to do! the whole transformation into zora or goron is great too. the characters really get put into the gameplay. i miss all the original enemies. Idk, just my thoughts.:tektite::tektite: ???

p.s- i am comparing this to the newest games after this one came out

What do you mean by original enemies?

I do agree that MM is a wonderful game. The character depth and engrossing side-quests were delightful, and the concept was simplistic brilliance.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Yeah, MM was a hit. Too bad it was released at the end of the N64. Still, I don't think I'll forget the game because of what it presented. I always compare new Zelda releases to Ocarina of Time, that's only natural for me, but then sometimes I whip out MM for things like character development and amazing story and so on. MM is such a special game.

OcarinalinkLOZ

Your Link to the Past
Hyrule in the winter, Canada in the summer
The haunted Majora game was creepy that made it creepy

If you are refering to the story of BEN, that is a fake. Majora's Mask had wonderfully rich characters and a fantastic story as well. What it lacked, and what Ocarina of Time possessed, was a feeling of epicness and grand adventure. That, for me anyway, is the catalyst separating these two amazing games.

mm had a very dark story to it it was very wierd one of my favorite it had a great story i got intrested in the the mask salesman theory

T

Tranceparty455

If you are refering to the story of BEN, that is a fake. Majora's Mask had wonderfully rich characters and a fantastic story as well. What it lacked, and what Ocarina of Time possessed, was a feeling of epicness and grand adventure. That, for me anyway, is the catalyst separating these two amazing games.

BEN...???:huh: Lol what

````````````````````````````````````````````````
:bleh::embarrassed::shake::O

it is definently one of the most original games i have ever seen, first is the time managing, of course, and the masks which does make you think more, but especially the wide variety of things you can do with the masks and how each serves a special purpose. but what i do miss isnt the enemies but all the original characters like zelda or ganondorf or whoever. it made me kinda miss that because the name is the legend of ZELDA but there was no zelda

MM was such a differnt game in the series. The story line was brillent and there is no other Zelda game that is anything like it. I'm not sure if its my favorite, but its way up there.

MW7

I love the game so much for so many different reasons. It has the best sidequests ever, and the main quest is awesome as well. This game has a great difficulty level that makes the game challenging but extremely beatable. There's tons of little things about the game that elevate it above the rest of the series. One thing is that it's one of a handful of games in the series that allows you to replay dungeons without having to play through the whole game again. The game is endlessly replayable due to this because you can complete the dungeons in countless ways after obtaining all the items in the game. Just another perk of the 3 day cycle. Another thing is that the game is fairly nonlinear and you can complete the dungeons in different orders. I absolutely love the overworld's set up and how you only need items (or epona) to navigate from area to area rather than reach certain points in the quest/story as is the norm in modern zeldas. The more I think about it, the more I think that Majora's Mask was made especially for people like me in mind.

This was an amazing game. The only thing that made it less adventuresome in my opionion was that the landscape wasnt spread out enough. Everything revolved around clock town unlike in Oot where you travelled all over the place. Some of the side quests though were great and i loved the mask concept. I found it odd though that zelda was barely in the game.

I have mixed feelings about Majora's Mask. I think it looks amazing and has great character development. The 3 day cycle has it's advantages, but it also makes the game have a level of difficulty that isn't for newer players, and the sidequests add to this, with them being so precise and having large areas for failure.
Still, it's a great game; it's just not for everyone. It is original, though, and I like the mysterious element in it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom