• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora is a Female?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I know. But Majora is just some dark matter with a mask or something along those lines. You can't give a gender to that.

It is possible, bro, that the entity was once a man or woman who worshiped diabolic spirits, or was sacrificed to them, and they required a human soul in which they would manifest their malevolent power. But the spirits became too violent and had to be contained in the Mask. Majora (perhaps that was the person's name) then took on the different forms made by the evil forces within, alongside the mischievous behavior lending to their malicious practices.

The people who revered these spirits would, of course, be the Dark Tribe. I believe it was Zant who once alluded to something along the lines of a destructive magic, was it? Could this possibly have been the demon Majora, and it was indeed the Twili who made him or her what it used to be (as Link killed it in Termina, way before TP's time)? Yet another issue the Historia didn't bring mention to, though it's only to my knowledge.

It is possible, bro, that the entity was once a man or woman who worshiped diabolic spirits, or was sacrificed to them, and they required a human soul in which they would manifest their malevolent power. But the spirits became too violent and had to be contained in the Mask. Majora (perhaps that was the person's name) then took on the different forms made by the evil forces within, alongside the mischievous behavior lending to their malicious practices.

The people who revered these spirits would, of course, be the Dark Tribe. I believe it was Zant who once alluded to something along the lines of a destructive magic, was it? Could this possibly have been the demon Majora, and it was indeed the Twili who made him or her what it used to be (as Link killed it in Termina, way before TP's time)? Yet another issue the Historia didn't bring mention to, though it's only to my knowledge.

I've been sharpening your vocabulary, eh, Thareous?

I don't think Zant alluded to Majora in Twilight Princess. Majora was a one and done type of deal. I don't know about Majora being a sacrificial victim though that may be possible given Skull Kid's comments at the beginning of the game.

Nevertheless that proves little regarding Majora's gender.

Twilight

Storming Twilight
Majora is genderless, I believe. It doesn't looks like a female at all. That's all I've got to say. The simplest of the simple...

Majora doesn't haves a gender and it's okay... SO okay even more than okay! It's so alright!

Just as a side note of what I am thinking of, you're kind of being disturbing saying Majora is a female.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
You're both making up stories to try to prove your points. =P The mask was used in hexing rituals. That's pretty much all we know. Masks are things. We're told that its power became too great, and later find that it has developed a primitive consciousness (evidenced by the "consume" quote and the Moon Children's dialogue - and the fact that it can communicate verbally). Does gender come with consciousness? More importantly, is there a species of powerful, conscious masks that will need to reproduce? I don't see any evidence of this, so I don't see it necessary for Majora to have a gender. What's a female without a male? There has to be something to distinguish between the two groups. With nothing for Majora to be distinguished from, there's no basis for such a categorization.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
You're both making up stories to try to prove your points. =P The mask was used in hexing rituals. That's pretty much all we know. Masks are things. We're told that its power became too great, and later find that it has developed a primitive consciousness (evidenced by the "consume" quote and the Moon Children's dialogue - and the fact that it can communicate verbally). Does gender come with consciousness? More importantly, is there a species of powerful, conscious masks that will need to reproduce? I don't see any evidence of this, so I don't see it necessary for Majora to have a gender. What's a female without a male? There has to be something to distinguish between the two groups. With nothing for Majora to be distinguished from, there's no basis for such a categorization.

Thank you, thats what I've been trying to say all along but no one believed me!!

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
This thread is getting out of hand and off-topic; most people have already made their arguments, and further posts have not really been necessary. I'll close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom