• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora is a Female?

Status
Not open for further replies.

romani64

PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
not to mention I wanna name my daughter Majora now. :lol:

HAHA i'd love to see that happen XD

anyway,
your saying the spirit majora was put inside the mask. this i believe.
but that adds to the fact that the spirit of majora can pretty much twist the form of the mask in any way it wants to. (now that i think of it, thats probably how the moon got a face...)
think about it.
BUT. the way majora does sound and look is very feminine, but hey, zelda worlds are weird. especialy termina. ya'know.
*i havent fully beaten majoras mask. why am i here...?*

C

cities

Majora the mask is an it, but as an entity seems feminine. The eyes do appear like breasts in one of the incarnations of the final battle.

There are in-game hints that Majora was once a living entity whose soul was transferred into a mask at some point. This was likely a ritual of some sort performed by the dark tribe in effort to seal it away. They, then, use the mask in hexing rituals. The mask obviously has some ability to feed off its host's emotions. Such seems to be the case with the Skull Kid. Infer to the transformation masks, which are believed (and highly suggested) to house spirits of the dead; in the case of Link - Darmani, Mikau, and the Deku Butler's son... Regarding its gender... I'll just say it's possible that Majora, the entity, is female. But its gender is a trait that Nintendo leaves uncertain, like much of its backstory. As such, I've always referred to the mask as genderless [using the gender-neutral pronoun "it"].

I've read many theories in regards to the hidden details in Majora's Mask, and many of them are so incredibly convincing that it's scary. However, others like the idea that Majora's gender could be determined based on its design might be taking it a bit far. Some theorists even believe that the designs on Majora's Wrath's body resemble the female anatomy down to reproductive organs. Conversely, I wouldn't say they're reading too much into things, seeing as how the game practically asks theorists to do so. [noparse]:S[/noparse] lol

C

cities

Regardless of the articles, I just remember seeing a picture of one of those incarnations. I can't remember which. It looks feminine to me.

C

cities

That just looks like artwork. Do you have an in-game screenshot?

Big Octo

=^)
Majora's Wrath has very masculine features. The high-pitched voice may be out of insanity, it doesn't automatically mean it's a female. However, I still believe that Majora is gendeless.

E

ebilly99

I see Majora a god that never grew up (Deity, demon, whatever) Instead of using its power to make the world better it only wanted to play and agonize everyone. It is selfish and never is fully aware of the consequences of its action.
It would also mirror link in his inability to be a child. Even when given a chance to be a kid the burden of entire world is again put on his shoulders.

C

cities

That's a very interesting point. Thank you for that. Almost the antithesis of Link

Majora's Wrath has very masculine features. The high-pitched voice may be out of insanity, it doesn't automatically mean it's a female. However, I still believe that Majora is gendeless.

Yeah. Broad shoulders, smaller waist by comparison (to shoulders) - typical male features. And yes, its high-pitched "voice" may very well be the result of insanity... There's also a slim chance that its "voice" is irrelevant with regards to its gender altogether, seeing as how there's no voice acting and all. We can't go entirely off screams and grunts. Some theorist believe the markings on its body represent the female anatomy - areolae, ovaries, and other stuff. (eesh) *gasps* Could that present the off-chance of hermaphroditism? Doubtful, but as I stated before, it is understandable why people would speculate on this. Majora's Mask seems to be filled to the brim with things to speculate on.

Also, newcomers to Zelda and such have mistaken Link for a female based on his appearance and "voice." So yeah... lol

S

Staldra

Males also have breasts, just saying...

(and I am not saying majora eyes look like breasts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom