• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Magic Armor: Awesome or Unnecessary

Oracle of Time

Knows your future
I, personally think this item was the awesomest (doubt thats even a word) item ever! But that was when 7 now looking back at it that item sucks, it has no point besides (which was pointed out numerously) the Cave of Ordeals. but if you have countless rupees, feel wastful, and been getting hurt alot I recomend it.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I always belived that the magic armor, while useful in the Cave of Ordeals, was quite useless everywhere else.
I mean, it ran on rupees, which weren't hard to come by in TP. But, the gimmick wore off quickly for me. I found it easier to keep my rupees and take out the enemies the normal way.

The biggest hinderence with the Magic Armor was the fact that you slowed down immensly when you ran out of rupees.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
While I've never gotten the magic armor, I could compare it's abilities to Nayru's Love or the Magic Armor in Wind Waker (which, unlike Twilight Princess's armor, was magical). Because it sucks up rupees rather than magic, and the fact there aren't many ambush scenes in the game that aren't easy to wiggle yourself out of, I must say it isn't exactly very useful.

Of course, I've only been to Cave of Ordeals once but couldn't find anywhere to hookshot to move on. Maybe in a hard boss battle (I can't really recall a hard boss battle...maybe the Zant battle, but that's it) could it be useful, but aside from that...they really should've used a magic meter in that game. Maybe if they did have a magic meter, the armor would be a bit more significant.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
Well I never used the Magic Armor, but I thought it looked pretty cool. The only part about it was to fill up the wallet, because it is just time consuming.

Sonicbowling

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!
Even during my 3 heart challenge of TP I only used it during Ganon's 4'th phase, wait..... I don't know if I actually used it at all. Oh wait, I used it during Zant's final phase (it's very useful there) It's very useless because of how easy Twilight Princess is in general, but it really helps in Cave of Ordeals.

Din Akera

Sniper
Awesome or Unnecessary. Pretty good question.

Well, for obvious reasons, it is necessary for the 100% completion rounds and challenges. But for your everyday desire to complete TP, completely unnecessary. I found that the only place I used it was in the Cave of Ordeals to fend off the flipping Darknuts and Freezards.

I think the idea is kind of awesome, it gave rupees a rarity and somewhat of a purpose. In OoT and even MM i found that rupees simply stacked up in your wallet and for the most part were never used. you could get most items from the bushes or under rocks, you never really had to buy anything. With TP, I began to covet rupees. I needed them to beat the cave! I had a whole new respect for their existance.

But on the question at hand. I was not overly impressed by the Magic Armor and falls in to the same category for me as the Biggoron sword: 'Can and know how to get it, use it for coolness or for 100% completion, but never if I'm just playing through the story'.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
The only time I actually used it was to just put it on and see what it meant by eats away rupees. When I saw it ate them up so quickly I never used it again. I meant to use it in the Cave of Ordeals when I was low on life, but I forgot. I know, I wasn't thinking. The worst thing was though, I was on the 49th floor, the one right before the final one with the Great Fairy. When I looked it up and saw that's the floor I was on, I screamed internally... But first I put on the Magic Armor to make sure my soul didn't take any damage. Why did I remember it then?!

P

pokemainiac

I only ever use it in the Cave of Ordeals. I don't need it any other time.

T

Twilight_Prince

that armor makes you look like a random castle guard. besides, its really hard to find rupees by the time you bought the armor. it also eats you rupees like those sheild-eating-things (im ashamed that i cant remember) eat your shield (I HATE THOSE THINGS). I only use it for screenshots riding on Epona while swinging the sword. It looks awesome, but an improvement would be just causing half of the regular damage of link's regular tunic. I payed alot of money to be protected, NOT PARALYZED.

Awesome...yes. Useless...almost. If you suck at fighting, just want to see how little you can get hurt and look good meanwhile, or you think ruppees need to be spent rather than saved then this item is for you. enjoy

dumb180

Warrior Postman
I think it's just unnecessary. I've never liked this type of "double edged" equipment in games. Having said that, it certainly helped me in the Cave or Ordeals.. so it's a little awesome. :)

T

tetra

Yeah I'm actually partway through my 1st playthrough n I never use it, I don't really remember 2!! I think its only neccesary in a boss fight or particularly hard part but so far I haven't needed it 2 fight any bosses either so......idk?!!:) I was planning on using it at the end battles! I will let u all know when I get there!

I actually hate the Magic Armour, and I don't usually say stuff like that.
It may be a random suit and it seems cool, but you buy it, and it is really expensive, and when you wear it and walk, you lose more Rupee's. (Even though there is Rupee's everywhere, it isn't really the point, I would like to keep my money.)
It is just like buying the Arrow in the Legend of Zelda and every time you use it you lose money. I regreted buying the suit. -.-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom