• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Mafia: The Legend of Korra Book Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Cucco

Mrs. DekuNut
I feel like it's a waste of time paying attention to storm, when we could have been spending this time to see who's scum, and who's town. For all we know storm could be innocent, his behavior is almost like "I did it for the LULZ" type attitude.

Every game I've been in he does the same thing, he does something self-destructive, he gets all the attention, then for the next day Real Time he's the main Center of discussion.

funnier6

Courage~
Vote: Storm

I know... Im the Bomb, arent I?

Literally votes himself and loudly soft claims bomb in his first two posts, so surely if he really was the jester he wouldn't be so completely obvious about it but if he really does want to get lynched why on earth should he claim the bomb?

Even if he really is the bomb it would make WAY more sense for him to claim something else, honestly all you have to do is pick a role that isn't yours and wait for the counter claim and you're dead. Claiming bomb just doesn't make sense unless he doesn't really want to die.

D

Deleted member 14134

So Steve's a bomb-vengeful-jester. More reason to leave him alone.
I kind of doubt he has all 3 of these roles. Even if he is the jester it doesn't hurt town to lynch him today. I'm not entirely convinced that he is though and either way his play has been incredibly anti-town and right now is still the best option for a lynch in my opinion. And let's be fair, getting lynched for stupid reasons is something Storm seems to have mastered. If he really is the jester he probably deserves to win.

Miss Cucco

Mrs. DekuNut
Claiming bomb just doesn't make sense unless he doesn't really want to die.

More like storm could go either way, a piece of me thinks that he does want to play, but another part says that he doesn't really care if he gets lynched. It's been confirmed that he has a history of getting lynched for reckless choices. For now I'm still holding my vote for someone who I think deserves to be lynched.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Claiming vengeful and then trying to get yourself lynched during day 1 is not a good strategy if you're town fake claiming, mafia fake claiming, or even if you actually are vengeful.

I can't shake the feeling that storm is bluffing. Vengeful Bomb is possible for sure, but unlikely. I think storm is using reverse psychology on us, claiming to be vengeful so we'll remove our votes. Given that, plus the destructive behaviour he's currently demonstrating, my vote stands. I genuinely believe the best thing right now is to lynch storm. In fact, I'm proposing that we majo soon so we can move on from this without Storm and his destructive behaviour. If he actually is vengeful, then this will give him an opportunity to use his role (although I still have my doubts about that because trying to get yourself lynched quickly on day 1 as a vengeful townie is a terrible, terrible strategy that I don't think even storm would try).

Storm will have to die eventually, and since we can't risk the vigilante in case he actually is the bomb as he claims, lynching him is the best course of action. I really do think we should do it sooner rather than later because, regardless of his alignment, his behaviour is anti-town and hinders our progress, and thus it's best to get rid of him.

funnier6

Courage~
Claiming vengeful and then trying to get yourself lynched during day 1 is not a good strategy if you're town fake claiming, mafia fake claiming, or even if you actually are vengeful.

I can't shake the feeling that storm is bluffing. Vengeful Bomb is possible for sure, but unlikely. I think storm is using reverse psychology on us, claiming to be vengeful so we'll remove our votes. Given that, plus the destructive behaviour he's currently demonstrating, my vote stands. I genuinely believe the best thing right now is to lynch storm. In fact, I'm proposing that we majo soon so we can move on from this without Storm and his destructive behaviour. If he actually is vengeful, then this will give him an opportunity to use his role (although I still have my doubts about that because trying to get yourself lynched quickly on day 1 as a vengeful townie is a terrible, terrible strategy that I don't think even storm would try).

Storm will have to die eventually, and since we can't risk the vigilante in case he actually is the bomb as he claims, lynching him is the best course of action. I really do think we should do it sooner rather than later because, regardless of his alignment, his behaviour is anti-town and hinders our progress, and thus it's best to get rid of him.

I don't really like this, I mean I don't usually agree with you anyway but yes yes let's maj him he's anti town just sounds really bad. I mean, I'll forgive you if he's mafia but if he isn't I think it's going to reflect badly on his pushers.

Btw starting soon I shall be policy lynching all sloths, hehe.

Musicfan

the shadow mage

I don't think that you push for an early lynch day 1 while I agree with the mjorty of your post EGMEOY @Mellow Ezlo
@A Link In Time can we get a vote count?

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I don't really like this, I mean I don't usually agree with you anyway but yes yes let's maj him he's anti town just sounds really bad. I mean, I'll forgive you if he's mafia but if he isn't I think it's going to reflect badly on his pushers.

Btw starting soon I shall be policy lynching all sloths, hehe.
get out of my head.

Vote Count 1.1:

Storm - 5 (Storm, musicfan, Mellow Ezlo, Bok of the Wild, Jimmu)
Domozilla777 - 1 (funnier6)
EMIYA Shirou - 1 (Mido)
Eduarda - 1 (Pendio)
Jimmu - 1 (Zachie)
musicfan - 1 (EMIYA Shirou)

Not voting - Domozilla777, Eduarda, karu, Libk, Minish_Link, Miss Cucco, rlscot8, YIGAhim

With 18 alive, it takes 10 for a majority lynch. Day 1 ends on Friday, August 18th at 9 PM EST.

Mido

Version 1
You know, I was going to play "White Knight" in all these matters, and give this claim the benefit of the doubt. There was a reason that I waited the situation out, as I wanted to see where Storm's play was going to head from yesterday. Given our current situation, I can't say this was what I was hoping. The fact that Storm at this point has completely capitulated and is not assisting the town in the slightest is more than a bit frustrating. Especially since I know in similar situations, he is still a boon to town factions. Avatar certainly suggests this and while he was forced into a bad spot with a town player's fakeclaim in Revival, he still kept at it even though the mafia faction stuck a roleblocker on him. This leads me to believe one of two things:

1.) His claim is true (at least the vengeful portion) and is continually trying to bait scum voters.

2.) His claim is hogwash and at this point is only distributing confusion among the town, which is not a good thing for the faction as a whole.

At this point, I'm willing to entertain he's either vengeful or scum. I think the bomb portion of his claim is considerably less likely if MF's earlier post is accurate regarding potential flavor which can be coupled with referencing what tends to be typical bomb protocol.

I both like and dislike this post. I don't appreciate his destructive behavior like you've mentioned, but I do find it interesting that you want to reach majority quickly. Gives me the impression that you want people to vote him and potentially get two townies out of the way on Day 1 (although this hinges on my theory about his role). Since you already voted, your spot is safe if the wagon remains the same. We can still discuss more aspects of the game with the remaining time and get discussion of Storm briefly. This being said, two votes on Storm's current wagon stand out to me.

THE VOTES

Bok's vote has what I think is very solid reasoning backing it, and I like the thought process. I'm more just shocked he casted the vote when he did. I expected him to wait it out in a more cautious manner. Much like Libk's first addressing of Storm's claim, I find the move interesting, but not necessarily indicative of anything as of yet.

Then, there's Jimmu's vote. Of the current votes, his seemed the most "bandwagon-y" to me at the time, which not as much meat to it as say, Bok's or MF's. This being noted, however, I do think if Storm flips scum, Jimmu is likely town and vice versa. I don't see them being aligned in light of his vote. That is all for now.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I think if storm turns scum if we have a cop the should investigate mellow or jimmy.
Mellow because he could be scum busing storm when he realized that storm messed up and marking it a speedy lunch will give him more town credit. Jimmy for the go with the flow attitude. However if they think they have a better option then go with that.

Pen

The game is on!
Storm, if you're trying to help the Town with this strategy, the logic of it passes right over my head. Would you please mind explaining just how you're assisting the Town right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom