• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Luigi's Mansion Tenth Anniversary

September 14, 2011 marked the tenth anniversary of the release of Luigi's Mansion in Japan. The game was underappreciated at launch and went on to have lukewarm reception by critics. Fast forward 10 years and the game has become a cult-classic. In a world where we are used to yearly sequels and cash-ins, Luigi's Poltergust 3000 stands out as a unique twist. The game that headlined the Gamecube Launch is now getting a sequel on 3DS. Luigi's Mansion 2 promised to further expand on the virtues of the original and has been heralded as having the best use of 3D on the system. Sound off with your thoughts on the Luigi's Mansion franchise and its legacy!

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
It wasn't a GameCube Launch title. It came one day before the GameCube ;) Lol, away from trying to be smart. I really want to play the original game, as I only messed with it when I was four. But I am getting Luigi's Mansion 2 anyway, because my dad and I are hardcore gamers.

It wasn't a GameCube Launch title. It came one day before the GameCube ;) Lol, away from trying to be smart. I really want to play the original game, as I only messed with it when I was four. But I am getting Luigi's Mansion 2 anyway, because my dad and I are hardcore gamers.

Thanks for your opinion! I don disapprove of the term 'hardcore gamer' though because it's not about what games you play but how you play.

bubblecrash

Oh no its back
poor luigi, ever sense that game he hasn't been the same, getting randomly stuck on roofs and in cages :C
that was a good game though, i used to be able to beat it in about an hour and a half, worst problem was the boos.

I always liked the original Luigi's Mansion and am excited about it getting a sequel. I think that back then (and still) liked it more than Super Mario Sunshine. LM always seemed somewhat (read: severely) underappreciated though. LM is quite high on my fav. GameCube titles.

I am going to get Luigi's Mansion 2, even if it's just for the nostalgia. Always got some kind of ghostbuster vibe from it.

(OT: personally I think it's useless to try and label yourself as a gamer. Usually the only problems that arise from it are elitism and fanboyism, other than that it's just..."ok, that's...nice for you.")

Fig

The Altruist
I have always loved Luigi's Mansion ever since its release. I always enjoyed his facial expressions when he's trying to find Mario. The ending of game just touched my heart. Luigi finally finds his brother Mario, and bursts into laughter! Luigi has always been in Mario's shadow, but because of Luigi's Mansion, Luigi became more popular than he was in the past.

Actually, it is still a launch title. If you look it up, Luigi's Mansion is a launch title for it.~ Nintendo GameCube (2001) — Luigi's Mansion and Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader~Wikipedia
That game was an awesome game. I would put is at the top or very close to my favorite GC game of all time. It plays a minor part of my life, being one of my first video game. Had the disk since I was 3 and it still works! I would pay all of the money I have saved up just to get the next one in my hands!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom