• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Lowest % Completion Run

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
In the past I have beaten OOT on a 3 heart run it was hard and with three bottles and different tricks for defeating each boss I survived. Though it was hard I was trying to think of something harder. So I think I've got something. In my 3 heart runs I had always obtained as many bottles as I could in order to beat the bosses but what if you had to finish the game with only the items needed to beat the game. I Got this idea from watching different videos on people doing low % completion runs for the different metroid games. I think the hardest parts are going to be getting through the temples past some of the harder temples with 3 hearts and only 1 bottle. Places such as the Forest temple where you must face many stalfos are going to be a pain in the neck. But I think Im going to try it. So I wanted to know if any one has tried this and if anyone had any ideas for a better name for this type of challenge.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I'm in the middle of a minimal run myself but I took a break at the Shadow Temple because I can't use the Lens of Truth.

I have:
- 3 hearts
- Small magic meter
- 1 bottle (No faries or potions)
- 0 Gold Skulltulas
- No dungeon maps or compasses
- No upgrades
- No Deku Nuts, Bombchus, Lens of Truth, Magic Beans, Godess spells or Ice arrows
- No glitches

I might be missing a few things. I can handle the bosses but the only part I'm dreading is crossing the Haunted Wasteland without the Lens of Truth.

MW7

I did the exact thing you're doing except I only used the bottle for ruto's letter and blue fire. I died about 5-10 times, but I saved often and reset when I died so that I could have the satisfaction of having 000 with 3 hearts on my completed file. My advice is just to take things more slowly than usual. I had the most trouble with stalfos, and the best way to beat them is with patience because they always give you an opening if you wait long enough (countering their jump attacks is the most opportune time to strike). As for a name for your challenge, I think I've seen people just call it the 3 heart challenge with additional restrictions. Sorry that wasn't very creative. But once you finish this I suggest you try beating the game without ever getting the Hylian Shield (and you might as well make it a 3 heart run too). I have only tried playing shieldless for short portions of the game, and I must say it forces you to play even more differently than a 3 heart challenge does.

Blendercat

Riding Suicune
I haven't attempted anything like this yet, but this is how I plan to play it.

1: Regular Game(Complete)
2: Regular Game: 3-heart challenge
3: Master Quest
4: Master Quest 3-heart challenge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom