• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Love It or Leave It:the Adventure of Link

Norm

God-King of Teh Intarwebz
Clearly in ur tube, blockin ur internets.
This is a followup thread tho Love It or Leave It: Twilight Princess, but is not connected to it in any way except for the title. If you want to, go back and read it here.

The Adventure of Link. An underloved game, in my opinion. On January 14, 1987, A sequel to the popular game The Legend of Zelda, it was released here in America a little shy of two years later. It changed the (fledgling) formula of Zelda arguably more than any other Zelda to date. It replaced the top-down view of the original with a side-scrolling view for everything but the overworld. All items were either used automatically or usable only in the overworld, as opposed to the item system in the original Zelda. and the difficulty as ramped up to insane levels in the new game. Known as the "black sheep" of the Zelda series, it is arguably the hardest game in the series, as anyone who has ever played it can attest.

The Adventure of Link has a difficulty level of 15. That's on a scale of 1 to 10. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, but it really IS very difficult. When I first got the game, it took me almost two months to complete the first dungeon. Yes, two months. and the first dungeon is a tutorial dungeon of sorts, with weaker enemies than the other dungeons. It is very hard to get to the next area, and if you want to go back, say, from the second dungeon, you have two choices: go back the way you came (and probably die) or go through Death Mountain and get the hammer (it is also likely that you will die on this path). There are few other cons for the game other than the difficulty level, but it is such a huge turn-off that some people might consider it the worst game in the series.

The Adventure of Link as some pros, too. Many of the things it added are almost guaranteed in a new Zelda title, such as NPCs (Non Person Characters, the villagers). And the difficulty of the game is also a pro, at least to me, because when you complete a dungeon or get to another, it feels like you've truly accomplished something.

There's no doubt that the Adventure of Link is a good game because, well, all Zeldas are good games, except for the CD-i ones. But the difficulty of this game is too much for the pros to overcome, so I give this game the rank of Gannon, as in, most bosses are as difficult as. As for whether to love it or leave it, it's different for everyone. You might love it, as I do, or you might hate it, but no matter what you choose, we can all agree on one thing: the Adventure of Link is the Zelda most likely to cause you to throw your controller and break a window.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
love it....well kinda
i enjoyed zelda 2 more than the original,im unsure if its the atmosphere of the game or the time where i was absolutely beasting in death mountain and thinking 'I LOVE THIS GAME!',either way,its definitely the series' most underrated game...next to the oracles

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
NPC actually means Non Player Character ;)

I love AoL. It's a horrible game in that it WILL induce rage even amongst the best players, but that rage is what I love. It forces you to either get better at the game or go away and play something easier. It's no joke. AoL isn't exactly the best Zelda or even the best video game, but it's definitely good.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
You asked 'Love it or leave it?' and my answer to you is: Leave it
I do not like the game, it is stressful and not my idea of fun at all.

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
I feel about The Adventure of Link like how Mases feels about The Wind Waker

The Adventure of Link is my least favorite Zelda game, but it's one of the best NES games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom