• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Lost Data - Interactive Map BOTW Please Help

Hello,

I've logged hundreds of markers on the interactive map with my login info and as of today most of them got reset. I don't know why or how. I got some message about local versus stored data and hit the "merge" option, which I thought would yield the highest chance of success, but maybe I misunderstood.

To be honest, it makes me want to quit paying the game because I put so much time into updating the interactive map (which I love the map!) because I've been trying to full clear everything.

If anyone can help or has ideas, I'd be so grateful. It would be so hard to restart, being unsure of which chests I got (shrines and korok would be easier but still time consuming). But I'm also terrified of it happening again, which makes me scared to use it.

Please please help if possible, anyone. Thanks

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Thanks for the reply! I’m very new here. How should I try getting a hold of them?

Thank you again, means a lot
No problem ;) Welcome and if there's some5h8ng you like to know you can always ask :D

You can search for the user or simply click on their name in my first reply and then send them a message. If there's one who knows all about the walkthroughs it's him.

1. Check the login credentials: Ensure that you are using the correct login credentials for the interactive map. If you recently changed your password, you may need to update it on the map as well.
  2. Contact the support team: Reach out to the support team for the interactive map and explain the issue you're facing. They may be able to help you recover your lost markers or provide you with a solution to prevent it from happening again.
  3. Backup your data: Consider backing up your markers on a regular basis to prevent the loss of progress. You can take screenshots of the markers you have saved or export the data to a local file.
  4. Use multiple devices: Try using the interactive map on multiple devices to ensure that your progress is saved in different locations. This can help prevent data loss if one device fails.
  5. Keep a record: Keep a record of the markers you have saved on a separate document, such as a spreadsheet or a notebook. This can help you keep track of your progress and make it easier to recover lost data.
I hope these suggestions help. If you continue to experience issues, it may be helpful to reach out to other users on forums or social media groups dedicated to the game you're playing for additional assistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom