• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Longest time its taken you to complete a video game

I spend far too long trying to get to the end of Super Metroid the first time on account of being terribly lost.

Likewise I still havent finished Mario 64, yet i still play it quite often....

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
It was about 10 years before I finally saw the ending to Ocarina of Time.

I think it was also about the same time before I saw the ending to Majora's Mask.

Monkeysnow55

Cookie Princess
Twilight Princess, I ignored it for about a year and then played from where I was later, all I had to do was use a hookshot to open a door...*Sigh*

pkfroce

Skelepuns
It took me forever to beat OoT because every time I made it to the Shadow Temple/Bottom of the Well, I stopped playing for like a month. And then I'd pick up the game and be like, "I don't know where I am or what I'm doing. TIME TO START OVER!" This went on for years before I finally finished Ocarina of Time.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
I never finished Mario 64 but I've always had files that are 100% complete on it (thanks whoever owned it first). I wanna say I've had it for at least 8 years.

I've had FF12 for over 2 years (or was it 3?) now and last time I played it like a year ago or something I died to the final boss and I was like "oh" and haven't touched it since.

Salem

SICK
Honestly I can't think any specific examples, maybe Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles? Yeah the ''complete" game.
Or maybe Earthbound, it took me a long time to beat it.

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
I think it took me about two and half years to fully complete Project X Zone.

It took me one year to actually beat it, and another year and a half for completion. Long game is loooong, repetitious (most of the chapters were rout missions, if I recall correctly) and filled to the brim with enemies. No plans on playing this title any time soon.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Probably Skyrim, since I'm pretty sure I had about 200 hours in that game before I even touched the main quest. :)

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
I think Dark Cloud was my longest to complete main game. Would have a lot of sporadic play sessions with it, but would find it a bit tedious after a while and have to put it down.

Fiery Klongo

I Am Mardric
There are games that I started and never finished but I dont really count those. The Longest that I have timed is about 40 hours on Twilight Princess.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I spend far too long trying to get to the end of Super Metroid the first time on account of being terribly lost.

Likewise I still havent finished Mario 64, yet i still play it quite often....

Apart from the games I started and never finished. FF 13 took over 60 hours for me to complete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom