• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Location Scouting!

I'm new here, so I'm not sure of the geographic distribution of all the members, but I thought I'd pose a question for those who have ever, in their musings on the series, envisioned a live-action Zelda film.

I put forth to everyone the following question - if you had to scout locations for iconic areas to depict as Hyrule, where would you go to shoot a movie?

I'll put up three as examples:

Hyrule Field: Mongolia (Check out the Orkhon Valley)
The Lost Woods: Poland (Białowieża Forest)
The Great Sea: Fiji (Yasawa Islands)

I look forward to others' ideas.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'd use Egmont national park in NZ to shoot Hyrule Field, it's got a magnificent mountain which can be digitally altered to look more like the active death mountain and could even shoot the Lost Woods in the Goblin forest also in Egmont. New Zealand is a beautiful country and the fields and forests are perfect for a lush green Hyrule that would make the desert dwelling Ganon envious. I like Tuscany for Hyrule Field also but I just think it would look better to have all those sections in NZ because they will appear more seamless. And it saves the actors moving around too much for filming.

Gerudo Desert scenes should be shot in Wadi Rum in Jordan. It has the perfect look to it, just like the desert we see in BoTW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom