• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Live Action Zelda Movie: Who Would You Cast?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
If a live action zelda movie were to be made who would you cast as the main characters?
I personally would hate to have an actor that is already known as link and it would spoil my image of him having seen the actor portray a different role. He would need to be blonde and muscular enough so he can portray the physicality of the role believably. I would want him to actually be around 16-17 as I am sick of 25 year old actors pretending to still be 17 (like Robert Pattinson for instance, I have nothing against the actor except the fact he does not look 17 at all in twilight and is supposed to be that age.)

For Zelda I think Dakota Fanning would make an excellent choice as she looks the part and has portrayed a range of different roles throughout her career.
dakota-fanning-wallpapers-300x187.jpg

If they made a movie the obvious choice for the villain would be Ganondorf. I would choose Michael Clarke Duncan to play him in a movie, as he has a deep voice which can sound very menacing at times, and he made a great villain in Daredevil as the Kingpin. He is also very muscular, like Ganondorf is in the games. I also think Ganondorf should be played by a dark skinned actor as he is supposed to be from the desert.

michael_clarke_duncan_02.jpg

So what do you think? Who would you choose to cast in a zelda movie if one were made?

Last edited:

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
I agree, but For Ganondorf I'm not sure who should play him. it depends if we want it to be comedic like the games are, or more action based

Link - Daniel Craig
Now, bear with me here. I understand that Daniel Craig is british, but that shouldn't be a factor in determining Link's role. Craig is terrific, just look at what he did to the James Bond franchise. He's one of my favorite actors, and he could really shine as Link.
Zelda - Jennifer Lawrence
I saw her in Winter's Bone last Christmas, which was really, really good. She's also going to be in The Hunger Games next year. Even though the age gap between Lawrence and Craig is roughly 20 years, which may make it awkward, I'm just basing my choices on their acting ability and my preference for the role, not their ages.
Ganondorf - I'm not sure for Ganondorf. A few choices that I had in mind were Ralph Fiennes and Lawrence Fishbourne. Both would do a terrific job, no doubt, I just can't decide between them.

Storm

Link-Justin Bieber
Navi-Usher
Zelda-Selena Gomez
Gannondorf-Jeff Goldbum

I'm only kidding, but it seems to fit

ZeldaOcarina

Princess of Hyrule
My friend and I were actually talking about this. I would love to see Morgan Freeman voice act for a character like the Great Deku Tree. My friend is also perfect at doing the Navi voice. As far as Link goes, I would want somebody who can at least pretend to be left handed. It is something that most people wouldn't notice at first, but Zelda fans would. Not to mention, once you know it, it is always there, and can distract from the film.

S

Skyet!

Honestly....I think link would have to be cast as unknowns if it were a live action pic.

Storm

Link-Storm Hudson
Zelda-Michelle Miller
Gannon-Eric Drummond Jr.
that is what it would be at my high school

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Link: Zach Efron--and only because of his near-Hylian features. Besides this, he'd hopefully be playing a silent character.

Zelda: Akuriko--the stunning cosplayer of Zelda we saw on the mainsite a couple weeks ago. The way she carried herself in those pictures is exactly how I envision Zelda would be in a real-life film.

Ganondorf: I'm agreeing with 8bubbles8joe above--Laurence Fishbourne would be perfect to cast as the King of Monsters. He was really unflappable in the Matrix Trilogy, and would play out Ganon's arrogance pristinel.

Nabooru: Zoe Saldana--among my favorite female actresses due to her role in James Cameron's Avatar. Her exotic accent would carry well with the Gerudo leader's character, and she's already proven that she can be tough, so I find no fault in her either.

I agree, but For Ganondorf I'm not sure who should play him. it depends if we want it to be comedic like the games are, or more action based

Well id have Christopher Lee play Ganon.
Christopher played the role of Saruman in Lord of the Rings and through his career he has always played the villain and plays it very well.
For Zelda id have India Eisley.
Reason id have India is because in my opinion whoever plays Zelda should be very young no older that 18.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom