• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Links to Other Games? Spoilers

I was just curious if anyone has found any connections between SS and any other games in the series. I read in reviews that it tied in closely with OOT and had references to other games (can't remember which reviews, because there were so many). The only connections I made so far were the Harp and the Song of the Hero or whatever it was called (I think it was the same song as the temple of time anyway). Are there any other references that you have found?

I searched the threads but did not find anything on this subject. If this topic was already made please provide a link and I apologize for recreating the subject.

Thanks

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
If your talking about connections to other games like quotes and images, I only saw one. When you talk to one of the Parella they say "It's a secret to everybody". This line was in the original The Legend of Zelda game in which in each Moblin hideout they would give you rupees and say the same line. Maybe in my next run through the game I will find a few things I didn't see the first time around.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well, from what I can see...the fatal blow is an obvious reference to the Ending Blow of TP, there are some spoiler related things that connect SS to OoT. That's all I can tell, I didn't pay too much attention to the text.

Can you expand on "spoiler related things that connect SS to OOT". I have beaten all games and just looking for references to other games. Thanks

Well we know that the Master Sword was made in this game,and I think that the sealed temple became the Temple of Time since the Master Sword had been placed there.I dont know for sure,but I think that Demise created the cycle of Link's Reincarnation and I think that Ganon or Ganondorf or both of them are reincarnation of Demise.Sheik's harp MIGHT be that same from Skyward Sword.

HookShotFTW

Weapon of a Lifetime
MAJOR SPOILERS ENTER AT OWN RISK
Well Demise did curse Link so that all future generations of him would battle with his incarnation (Ganon I'm presuming). So yeah...also it did explain how the hylians got on the surface.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Most obvious one is the reversed "Zelda's Lullaby"

Lets see, Link's skyloft has the same color as the King of Red Lions.

There is a tingle doll in zelda's room, but i think this is just an easter egg.

During the love letter sidequest, you encounter a ghostly hand in the toilet who wants paper. This is a reference from MM

Levias might be a refrence from LA (Wind fish) or PH (Ocean King)

First time in a 3D zelda game with a whip (ST), Gust bellows from TMC (Gust jar) and also the digging mits from TMC. Oh and don't forget Bug Net from Alttp.

Gaepora is a.k.a the owl.

Strich compares Link with a bug, this also happened in MM with Romani

Traveling by boat in Lanayru Sand Sea might be a reference to WW and PH.

Silent realm might be reference from Tears of Light in TP.

These are really small things and very easy to miss. I'm sure that I missed alot of other refrences, so next time with Hero's Mode, ill keep my eyes open.

EDIT: I'm suprised that nobody made this thread in the first place...

Last edited:
wierd that no one else has written this, but the sheikah that protects zelda is named Impa. Like in ocarina of time. however i do not know if it is the same Impa or if it is another incarnation of impa.
If it's the same impa then ocarina of time would hhave to happen during the time between the world of the past and present time in skyward sword. Cause Impa dies in the enf of the game in present time where she is very old

Last edited:
-The crimson loftwing may be the origin of the Hylian crest seen on the Hylian shield

-Demise is the source of all evil in the series (Ganon, Vaati, etc). This explains how Ganondorf escapes sunken Hyrule in Wind Waker, and how he appeared in Twiilight Princess. Expanding on that, if you have Fi give you info while to fight him she says that he has "conquered time" and "appears differently to everyone who sees him"

-It is heavily suggested that Link is the first hero and Zelda is the first Zelda

-The harp is the same one used by Sheik in Ocarina of Time

-The Triforce Crests that appear on Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf's hands in Twilight Princess are explained in this game. They are just marks of chosen ones or something to that effect.

-Zelda (and probably Link too) decide to remain on the surface to protect the Triforce, which would be the start of the Hylian royal family

-The Hylians and the kingdom of Hyrule likely get their name from Hylia

-The Triforce was found in the Silent Realm, which suggests that the Silent Realm may be the Sacred Realm

-The royal family of Hyrule are all reincarnations of Hylia

-The Sheikah serve the royal family of Hyrule because they were originally bound to serve the goddess

-Groose has golden eyes and red hair, which may mean he is the ancestor of the gerudo. Likewise, the Kikwi and Parella could be precursors to the Kokiri and Zora.

-Speculation on my part: Since it is heavily suggested that the Sealed Temple becomes the Temple of Time, and we already have a Temple of Time in this game, I think this game trys to explain how we have a Temple of Time is Castle Town in Ocarina, but it is in the forest in Twilight Princess. The desert temple becomes the one in Ocarina. The desert was the most advanced area, so when the Hylians repopulate the surface, there is a good chance their capital city would be there. The Sealed Temple would be the place in Twilight Princess. The only problem with this theory is that the Master Sword was left in the Sealed Temple, and not the Temple of Time in the desert.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
-The crimson loftwing may be the origin of the Hylian crest seen on the Hylian shield

-Demise is the source of all evil in the series (Ganon, Vaati, etc). This explains how Ganondorf escapes sunken Hyrule in Wind Waker, and how he appeared in Twiilight Princess. Expanding on that, if you have Fi give you info while to fight him she says that he has "conquered time" and "appears differently to everyone who sees him"

-It is heavily suggested that Link is the first hero and Zelda is the first Zelda

-The harp is the same one used by Sheik in Ocarina of Time

-The Triforce Crests that appear on Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf's hands in Twilight Princess are explained in this game. They are just marks of chosen ones or something to that effect.

-Zelda (and probably Link too) decide to remain on the surface to protect the Triforce, which would be the start of the Hylian royal family

-The Hylians and the kingdom of Hyrule likely get their name from Hylia

-The Triforce was found in the Silent Realm, which suggests that the Silent Realm may be the Sacred Realm

-The royal family of Hyrule are all reincarnations of Hylia

-The Sheikah serve the royal family of Hyrule because they were originally bound to serve the goddess

-Groose has golden eyes and red hair, which may mean he is the ancestor of the gerudo. Likewise, the Kikwi and Parella could be precursors to the Kokiri and Zora.

-Speculation on my part: Since it is heavily suggested that the Sealed Temple becomes the Temple of Time, and we already have a Temple of Time in this game, I think this game trys to explain how we have a Temple of Time is Castle Town in Ocarina, but it is in the forest in Twilight Princess. The desert temple becomes the one in Ocarina. The desert was the most advanced area, so when the Hylians repopulate the surface, there is a good chance their capital city would be there. The Sealed Temple would be the place in Twilight Princess. The only problem with this theory is that the Master Sword was left in the Sealed Temple, and not the Temple of Time in the desert.

Besides from the harp, these are not refrences from past zelda titles but rather theories.

Most of those are outright stated by characters in the game. All of the ones that weren't implicitly stated I said were suggested or hinted at. The harp thing has been confirmed by the devs. So yes, these are links to the other games.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Most of those are outright stated by characters in the game. All of the ones that weren't implicitly stated I said were suggested or hinted at. The harp thing has been confirmed by the devs. So yes, these are links to the other games.

Don't have to get so defensive. I did not say that they did not link to other games. I said they are rather theories then references from past zelda titles.

And when i say references, i meant memorial aspects of past zelda games and not story based links/theories. Thats the whole purpose of the thread is it not?

I wasn't being defensive.... And when the thread title said "links", I took it to mean threads tying the games together. I could be wrong, but I think if they wanted easter eggs and references, they would have been more specific.

That is cool about what Fi says when asking about Demis. I never thought to check that info before.

And as for this topic, I was talking more along the lines of the things JohnFC was talking about... "threads tying the games together". But easter eggs are good too, all is welcome in this topic :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom