• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Statue In Majora's Mask

Night Owl

~Momentai
I've never liked the statues. They are just creepy.

I've kind of figured that they were lifeless shells of the spirit's previous form.
(the masks contain a copy of their spirits so link can finish their unfinished business, while the real spirit is put to rest)

Darmani and Mikau have their wounds still, and have a lifeless look to them.
They were dead when they became masks so they have the most lifeless look.

The Link statue on the other hand looks like it could still be alive.
This is because Link is alive when he played the song.

Just some thoughts.
I'm not sure on the deku butler's son, we don't know too much about what happened to him. ( That, and I never really looked at the statue of deku link)

iDarkLink

Sage of the Dark World
Link's Statue.. (I prefer to call the statue BEN since I'm in love with that creepypasta story) I'm a bit confused about this statue in particular. It makes no sense basically. Why have a Link statue? It's almost too creepy to be in an E rated game.. Then again a lot of stuff from the N64 Zelda titles don't fit the rating (that freaky, bloody thing at the bottom of the well, the redeads going all PDA (Public Display of Affection) on you, Majora's Mask in general, etc. etc.).. But this statue doesn't fit with the other statues..

The Deku (most likely the Deku Butler's son) is dead.
Darmani is dead.
Mikau is dead.
But the Link statue.. Umm I'm no genius.. But I'm pretty sure that Link is alive at the moment..

Of course the Link statue could be a different Link from on the the games before OoT in the timeline, but I'm not so sure.. Cuz Link isn't that scary in those games.. Or scary in general..

Personally I think the Link statue was a stupid idea. It was basically unneeded. They could've had the Deku Statue be heavy enough for the switches (WTN* (*What The Nayru) Nintendo? The Deku Statue is utterly useless)..

LONG STORY SHORT, the Link statue seems a bit creepy, in general or through creepypastas, but still doesn't really make sense since Link is currently ALIVE.

Thanks for reading this reply. May the Tri"force" be with you. :)

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
From what i know it was basically supposed to resemble Miyamato, as for why Links not dead... (This thread belongs in theory, lol) I would presume it pertains to what the Elegy of Emptiness truly does, it is said to shed a shell, a shell that has no heart, and it is completely logical that it sheds the dead, seeing as Link has to have that mask on, and makes a statue more like the dead then himself, this brings up a theory, that i think to be false, that all of Termina is a dream world, created to deal with inner turmoil, although this may not be true, it may hold some truth, like prevous people have said it is likely the statue is probably the represed darker, and more childly devious side of Link that he had to so quickly ditch when he was forced into his long and periling journey.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
I think Link's statue was supposed to represent either his innocence and naievety (shown by the childish smile) that he lost when he had to become a hero, oooor like some others said, it represents the 'optimistic hero' front he has going, while on the inside he's probably a snapped, broken, trembling mass of depressed goo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom