• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Links Nasty Face!

Im sorry zelda fans but.. the link in skyward sword.. is just... well... Nasty!
not to be mean! I love Every other character design.. its just.. his face.. it looks like he got botox done.. or something!
what do you think? will they fiz links ugly face or will we have to play as a deformed blimp lipped hero?

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Um, well, I guess I can see what you're talking about, he also has darker lips.

zelda-skyward-sword-link.png

That could be because of the impressionist artstyle Nintendo already said they were trying to achieve. You know, blurring the line between genders was very common in impressionism, so, the moment Nintendo said they were aiming for that style, we should've expected that. Not to mention that Link has never exactly been Arnold Schwarzenegger.

manets-a-bar-at-the-folies-bergere1.jpg

See? We should've seen it coming the moment they said "impressionist". I think that gave the style a bit of uniqueness, and honestly, I don't know you, but I'm tired of protagonists like this in modern videogames, Zelda is known for not falling into trends, after all.

Please, see that I'm not exactly comfortable with the face, if you want my opinion, I've only got one thing to say:

Link's lips (or his face for that matter) are the last thing I focus on when playing Zelda.

Last edited:
I had a few 'qualms' with Link's face at first as well, but that feeling soon wore off. However, my concerns about it were not as great as yours, so it seems.

To be honest, it doesn't really appear that there's much more to say, as The Sink has said it all, in my sincerest opinion. :)

Looks a little less nasty than Link's TP face. They never make the Link looks too pretty, there's always a big nose, thick lips or something, except toon link, which is actually cute.

And it's not nasty, it's just isn't completely smooth like anime characters face that you may be used to. It's more like a normal guy.

Ok, that is nasty.
Screen+shot+2011-07-17+at+1.00.17+AM.png

Looks like white trash.

D

Deleted member 6224

thats what i thought when i first saw him and i still dont like it

they won't change. The game is quite completed now.

I've dealt with some ugly Link before.

And he looks fine in most of the cases.

White trash? Ghetto pants? :lol: You guys are a riot and a half!

On a more serious note: Sinking Badges brought up excellent point, I think we should all keep in mind that Miyamoto is going for an Impressionist style. Link's face perfectly fits that style, in my opinion; most of you will probably get used to it.

Also, you all should note that the areas of Link's face that most of you have issues with are only highlighted in certain lighting, as with shadows and such. Later, if I'm not lazy, I may post an image or two that showcase Link's face in different lighting conditions.

IHNo

The Other Side
Holy cow, I didn't know so many people weren't too happy with Link's face. I guess I'll have to state my opposing opinion and say that I love Link's face. His darks lips seem fine to me as well. But it's not like it really matters anyways; I won't be staring at Link's face while I play (rather, the back of his silly ol' hat, haha).

T

trueguitarist95

Eh, I can't really say that I like his face either. I don't even like the graphics a whole lot either. IMO Link looks a lot cooler in the concept art.

I agree. The graphics are very interesting, but my only complaint would be the character's faces. Mainly Link and Zelda (I don't like how Zelda looks, either). The outfits and everything are fine.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Fungal_Spores.png

Guys... he's fine. It's just the lighting. Without his features his facial expressions won't be as dynamic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom