• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Link's Mentor?

rockercjathere

The Helmaroc Queen
After watching the trailer quite a few times, I believe (as a few have said) he may be Zelda's father - of course there is no evidence to prove this and more of an estimate than a legitimate theory. I believe he will be a mentor to link. Also, that screenshot looks as if Link is bowing to the man? Of course, this could simply be me misinterpreting the photo, but still. If this is true, it could mean A) He is someone of great authority/importance or :cool: Link is just showing respect. If A is true, I start to think he could be King Daphnes (not yet king?) or Rauru.

If he IS Zelda's father/mentor to Link, this could somehow relate to his "crowning" as King. Perhaps after helping Link throughout his quest, or performing a great deed and helping the people of skyloft, he could be made King (or maybe he is already a King?). This could explain future Zelda's/Royal Families.

Of course, this is a mere estimation(?) of what he could be. And I may be wrong all together. I am not saying I am right.

Share your thoughts on this seemingly important SS character.

picture8z.png

Here is the screenshot I was talking about.

EDIT: Upon further investigation, I have come to the conclusion he is most definitely NOT King Daphnes. Perhaps he is another King of sorts (the original?)

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
The first person who came to mind when I saw this figure was Mayor Bo. He looks like him in face and in his chubby appearance. He also is seen fixing his gloves and belt after they show this character, which could mean that Link got his stuff from this guy. And Mayor Bo was sort of a mentor to Link. So he could also play the part of mentor to Link and leader of Skyloft, just like Bo did. I don't think he is Zelda's father/ the king though.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
i as just about to post a thread about this! :D good thing i didn't, huh?

anyways, i think it's Rauru, merely because they looks very much alike. I think this is like one of Rauru's ancestors who helps Link on his quest. Almost like the King of Red Lions from Wind Waker, except he isn't with you the whole game. I like the idea of it being the King or Zelda's father.

images

And Link isn't bowing, he's putting on his "hero's clothes" (is it weird that he's watching Link change?)

The first person who came to mind when I saw this figure was Mayor Bo. He looks like him in face and in his chubby appearance. He also is seen fixing his gloves and belt after they show this character, which could mean that Link got his stuff from this guy. And Mayor Bo was sort of a mentor to Link. So he could also play the part of mentor to Link and leader of Skyloft, just like Bo did. I don't think he is Zelda's father/ the king though.

That also was my first thought, however there is no real reason for him to be there. I rather think it's the King/Zelda's father or the sage

rockercjathere

The Helmaroc Queen
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?19190-Rauru-!
Check out this thread. It suggests that this could be a young Rauru. Heavily.

Yes, now that I look at him, he does look ALOT like a young Rauru. It could very well be him (his referenced to as an ANCIENT sage after all) And as we all know, the sages were normal people from they're race until they became a sage. Also, this could further explain an "easter egg" of sorts with every sage in OoT being a different race. Could Rauru be a skyloftian? I don't have the game with me, otherwise I would check to see if it says anything about him being Hylian. After all, on the Nintendo Website it did say these would be the events leading up to OoT (or something along those lines, I'll get the direct quote later). Him being Rauru is a very good theory.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
And Link isn't bowing, he's putting on his "hero's clothes" (is it weird that he's watching Link change?)

Maybe it's a running trend now, how Link changes in front of old people...? In Spirit Tracks, you could change your clothes in front of old Niko... And in Wind Waker, Link's grandma watches him put his clothes on...

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Yes, now that I look at him, he does look ALOT like a young Rauru. It could very well be him (his referenced to as an ANCIENT sage after all) And as we all know, the sages were normal people from they're race until they became a sage. Also, this could further explain an "easter egg" of sorts with every sage in OoT being a different race. Could Rauru be a skyloftian? I don't have the game with me, otherwise I would check to see if it says anything about him being Hylian. After all, on the Nintendo Website it did say these would be the events leading up to OoT (or something along those lines, I'll get the direct quote later). Him being Rauru is a very good theory.

This is just speculation, but the original Keapora Gaebora (if that's his name) could also be in the game.

rockercjathere

The Helmaroc Queen
i as just about to post a thread about this! :D good thing i didn't, huh?

anyways, i think it's Rauru, merely because they looks very much alike. I think this is like one of Rauru's ancestors who helps Link on his quest. Almost like the King of Red Lions from Wind Waker, except he isn't with you the whole game. I like the idea of it being the King or Zelda's father.

images

Thanks for pointing that out :) and yes, that is a little odd >_>

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Pretty sure that's my screenshot from the Rauru thread~ :P I sort of think this post fits better as a continuation of the discussion going on in the Rauru thread itself, and didn't really necessitate being posted as a separate topic....

Though I agree that yes, he certainly may be a mentor or father figure to Zelda or Link.

Just to point out though...while he might perhaps be someone of great authority such as a king, Link is not bowing to him in the screenshot....I just took it at that moment when he had his head lowered. He's actually adjusting his tunic (I believe he JUST received his Hero's clothes from this man himself. Actually, if the man in fact possessed the Hero's clothes that he gives to Link, perhaps that could actually serve as evidence of him being someone of royal lineage. Maybe that is.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Maybe it's a running trend now, how Link changes in front of old people...? In Spirit Tracks, you could change your clothes in front of old Niko... And in Wind Waker, Link's grandma watches him put his clothes on...
Yes, but also in Spirit Tracks, when Zelda gives you the Guard Clothes, she says "oh... sorry" and looks away and you hear like, fabric moving. you can infer Link is changing... so maybe it's just a coincidence.

so... anyway, back to the topic at hand. I was thinking and i think that this Man could possibly be Auru from TP... but wait, Auru was speculated to be a reference to Rauru... so that defeats the whole purpose...

250px-Auru.png

rockercjathere

The Helmaroc Queen
Pretty sure that's my screenshot from the Rauru thread~ :P I sort of think this post fits better as a continuation of the discussion going on in the Rauru thread itself, and didn't really necessitate being posted as a separate topic....

Though I agree that yes, he certainly may be a mentor or father figure to Zelda or Link.

Just to point out though...while he might perhaps be someone of great authority such as a king, Link is not bowing to him in the screenshot....I just took it at that moment when he had his head lowered. He's actually adjusting his tunic (I believe he JUST received his Hero's clothes from this man himself. Actually, if the man in fact possessed the Hero's clothes that he gives to Link, perhaps that could actually serve as evidence of him being someone of royal lineage. Maybe that is.

Well, it probably is your screenshot. My friend sent me the pic a little while ago, and she most likely got it from here XD And oops, I didn't read the Rauru thread before I started this. I guess this is kind different though. Its more of an open theory on what this guy could be.

And on topic now, the fact that it is implied he is giving Link the hero's clothes does make you think. How did he get those clothes? Why does he have them? Why on earth does he have perfect fitting clothes for Link and appears to be watching him change? o_o

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom