• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's House!

Alar

Clothed in Green
I was just wondering whether link's house will be customisable. Through out all of the Zelda games link's house has not been that big of a deal. But if you could customise your house by finding items in treasure chests it could make your house look a bit unique. Nintendo could update (Via WIFI) some of the items and, you would have to earn them like doing a minigame (on what you could download off wifi) and beating it, you could win the item.Well what items would you like to see and what do you think of this idea as a whole?

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
This is a very unique idea! I would like to customize Link's house. Though I can only wish that, but it may not be a reality...sigh...
Anyway, that would be interesting. It'll be nice for Link's house to get attention.

David

But you called me here...
Link's house has never really played a huge role in the series. There are only a few times that his house has actually served a purpose. For example, in TP, you got your good ol' wooden sword in your house. In WW, you got your clothes, shield, and you can get soup from your grandma. In OoT, you got a cow and could get milk whenever you wanted. But these few things only really got you started or were unnecessary. I honestly think that they could do so much more with Link's room. WiFi would be awesome, but it would also be cool to have to return to your room for information or items that you need to progress through the game.

I also think that a customizable room would be cool too. Kind of like your boat and train in PH and ST, respectively. The customizations could add a new layer of depth to the game and give the players something more to do than to just follow the story and to get items. Some customizations could make Link stronger, give him recovery items, and lots of other stuff. Really cool and unique idea!

Ghosi

Schmetterling
That sounds like an awesome idea! On my game I can finally have a million tiny Epona statues that way! Yay!:clap:

Alar

Clothed in Green
that would be cool, but i'd rather it not become as tedious as collecting all the ship/train parts in PH/ST

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
Honestly, I really don't think Nintendo could pull of an "Animal Crossing" on Zelda. I mean, why not throw in fishing, paying off debts, shopping, Tom Nook, ect. right in there just for the heck of it? Animal Crossing was designed to simulate "life," but Legend of Zelda does not exactly have that same purpose. Legend of Zelda is about adventure and fighting, not paying off debts. I admit it, it would be kind of cool to have a customizable house, but like I said before, Legend of Zelda is not a game about life, it's about adventure.

Besides, I personally, would get bored if Skyward Sword turned into an Animal Crossing game. Animal Crossing is fun and all, but it will get boring in the long run. You always need to have fun while playing a game, which is why I play them. If it was going to be boring in the end, I personally would not even touch or speak of the game ever again. I really want to have lots of fun, even after defeating the final boss. So Nintendo might be ruining the game a bit, if there was a customizable house, but I really wouldn't mind having that kind of feature, since I love decorating... (Girly instincts :3)

(Forgive me for bringing Animal Crossing into this discussion, but I just had to)

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
That would be soo great, in the only game Link's house was..well you know returnable (that if you go there you had something to do) was in OoT, were in Link's house you kept records about many stuff. Being able to build your own house is great but why to customize something you will never see again in the game with a purpose?

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
Part of the charm of the Zelda series is that Link leaves home to explore the wider world. As such, there's not really a reason to customize his home. And with Skyward Sword involving a lot of travel between Skyloft and the world below, it may not be practical to have Link return home very often.

I wouldn't be opposed to doing more with his home, though - like how Twilight Princess had the chest in the basement with the purple rupee "you'd forgotten about." And the attention to detail, like the picture of a goat, in Link's house in Twilight Princess was also cute. As long as it fell under the category "little details" and was not the focus of a quest, some slight customization in that regard might be okay - just as an example, getting a copy of the picture of you with the Hylian loach and having the opportunity to hang it on your wall.

L

Links Mask

yeah I don't want it to turn to animal crossing becase zelda has never been about that

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Downloadable content seems like a really good idea. But customizing Link's house, maybe not. Like you say, Link's house isn't that big of a deal, so I don't think it should be customizable.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Customizing Link's House? Impressive idea. It seems to me that if something would be obtainable over Wi-fi, it could be an optional tunic or sword that does nothing special, they're all just for fun. Imagine Link being in a black tunic but still being himself! Ah... what i'd give to see that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom