• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Heroic Tune

Here is a heroic tune I composed for the Twilight Princess version of Link. Feel free to give your constructive criticism and I will take it into consideration when I learn more and such about composing later on.

Now I am not sure if both you and I are perceiving the same tune (song) here. It could very well be that you are perceiving a different tune/song that has a different heroic feel than what I am perceiving or that it could have a mediocre or not feel to it at all. It could very well be that the notes are just random notes that don't convey any feel here in reality. But since I have the actual tune/song in my mind as a reference, then that reference could be altering my perception of reality and making this tune/song here in reality appear as though it is an actual tune/song to me when it is not and is just a bunch of random notes. If that is the case, then it is impossible for me to see past this illusion. But even so, I will present to you this tune/song, with a fitting choir. It is not the exact choir I hear in my mind which is supposed to be an all-out epic screaming women choir, but this is close enough. This tune/song is supposed to convey an epic motivational heroic feel to it:

Last edited:
This tune evoked feelings of a bard on a magical journey collecting his chimes scattered around the world. You know that feeling you get when you hear church bells ringing, and you don't know exactly how to describe it, but the sounds are calming in a way you can't quite place your finger on? That's the feeling this song invoked in me. I thought it was particularly clever of you to include footage of games where Link has a fairy companion that acts as a sort of guide towards his ultimate goal. You can feel the uncertainty of the hero's journey in the surrounding ambiance, yet this one helper, this one friend, offers a single spot of light on this dark path. Perhaps the quest to nirvana is bountiful and the fruits of the journey will prove useful in giving back to not only the individual, but also the community.

This tune evoked feelings of a bard on a magical journey collecting his chimes scattered around the world. You know that feeling you get when you hear church bells ringing, and you don't know exactly how to describe it, but the sounds are calming in a way you can't quite place your finger on? That's the feeling this song invoked in me. I thought it was particularly clever of you to include footage of games where Link has a fairy companion that acts as a sort of guide towards his ultimate goal. You can feel the uncertainty of the hero's journey in the surrounding ambiance, yet this one helper, this one friend, offers a single spot of light on this dark path. Perhaps the quest to nirvana is bountiful and the fruits of the journey will prove useful in giving back to not only the individual, but also the community.

Thank you for your personal opinion on this. Now I am not sure if both you and I are perceiving the same tune (song) here. It could very well be that you are perceiving a different tune/song that has a different heroic feel than what I am perceiving or that it could have a mediocre or not feel to it at all. It could very well be that the notes are just random notes that don't convey any feel here in reality. But since I have the actual tune/song in my mind as a reference, then that reference could be altering my perception of reality and making this tune/song here in reality appear as though it is an actual tune/song to me when it is not and is just a bunch of random notes. If that is the case, then it is impossible for me to see past this illusion. But even so, I will present to you this tune/song again, but with a more fitting choir. It is not the exact choir I hear in my mind which is supposed to be an all-out epic screaming women choir, but this is close enough. This tune/song is supposed to convey an epic motivational heroic feel to it:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom