• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Links Awakening...

Phantom Zelda

Mostly Harmless
Alright so I was looking at Zelda games I don't have and I looked at Links Awakening and it looks really fun. But I'm not to sure about the difficulty of it. Is it hard or easy? I'm not a hardcore gamer so I don't want something too hard. The DS games were easy for me but ALttP was really hard. If its around OoT in difficulty then I'm good. But anyway it seems really fun and I want to know whats good and bad about it before I spend my money on it. Please reply. Thanks! ;)

PS: Also I was considering the Oracle games so please tell me stuff about them too :)

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Definitely pick up LA and the Oracles. LA, however, is a very, very easy game. When it comes down to difficulty, it has almost none. Still, it makes up for that with a LOT of fun and a great story, so you'll probably want to play that first if you're looking to play something easy.

B

Bandersnatch

You thought, A Link to the Past was harder then Ocarina of Time? hmm well Links Awakening isnt to hard, theres just a whole bunch of stuff you can do, so its pretty leangthy. But as far as dungeons go, and all that jazz, its simpler than A Link to the Past. Its also one of my favorite world maps out of any of the 2d Zeldas. Its well worth it. Get the DX version, so you can change Links tunic color!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I agree with Zeruda, LA was really easy, except I confused myself with the last dungeon's puzzle, which I won't really spoil. The story was great, and I do believe it was the one time where Link was actually "mentioned" to have a love interest in-game. The Oracle series isn't bad at all, in fact, it is probably the most "unique" of all Zelda's, aside from MM, because of the password simple (owning both games is a great help, especially because of the endings in a solo game, which I won't spoil. All in all, get all three games (Oracles have nothing to do with LA, but they are three games).

You thought, A Link to the Past was harder then Ocarina of Time? hmm well Links Awakening isnt to hard, theres just a whole bunch of stuff you can do, so its pretty leangthy. But as far as dungeons go, and all that jazz, its simpler than A Link to the Past. Its also one of my favorite world maps out of any of the 2d Zeldas. Its well worth it. Get the DX version, so you can change Links tunic color!
I agree with them, OoT was easier than ALttP. OoT is the easiest zelda game yet. ALttP is not exactly too hard, but it is not easy. (But Parralel towers is very difficult!)

B

Bandersnatch

Yeah, I just always think of the first time i played OoT, It was a huge struggle, but its simpler now because I know everything. There was a struggle with AlttP at first also, but that game can be beaten in four hours with simplicity, if you know it. OoT was way more difficult..

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Are you guys crazy?! LA is not easy! PZ, in my opinion, LA is pretty hard. Not near as hard as ALttP or LoZ or AoL, but definitely harder than PH, ST, and OoT. I'd say it's around MM.

For LA, I LOVED it, I thought it had great characters, great music, great scenery, and the BEST STORY OF ALL TIME!

OoA and OoS, definitely get them. If you're not a hardcore gamer, I would NOT, I repeat NOT, play OoA. It has the most brain frying puzzles ever in any video game I've ever played. OoS, I just started it, I'm at the 4th dungeon. It goes really fast, and it's really easy. They're kinda opposites.

If I had to list them in an order, it would be 1. LA 2. OoS 3. OoA

But yes, you should definitely pick up at least LA.

I'm playing LA just now and it's really really good fun. It's not that hard and I'm finding difficult to get the time to play it but when I do I'm immersed in the world and the storyline.

There are some good mechanics in the game, especially being able to jump for once. I'm just gutted that it took me so long to discover it.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
heres my opinion

LA is first of all one of my favorite 2d zelda games. It has a good story and many good bosses and items. The only thing about it is it is very short.

OOS now i think this game is a very good game not as good as LA or OOA but very good. It has very good gameplay with many good bosses. But it is really easy.(that is at least my opinion)

OOA now i think this game is almost as good as LA except i liked LA just a little bit more. The good things about this game is its great storyline, its hard puzzles, and its fun items. Their is really only one thing i dont like about it and that is that their are way to many minigames. That may not seem like a problem but when the minigames are hard and you have to beat them to keep going through the game then it gets really annoying.

Kungfuyu24

Metanna! Nurunna!
You can't go wrong with LA or either Oracle games, but I have to say that the Oracle games together may be the largest complete Zelda story. With all of the rings, sidequests, partners, and the fact that either game can be played before or after makes for the most secrets in any Zelda game.

Zelda64

The Knight of the Wind
I don't know much about the Oracle games, but if you're looking for a game as hard as ALTTP, chose LA. This might be different for other people but I suck so much on LA and ALTTP its funny. I haven't even got passed the first dungeon on both games. Anyway, I think you should try Link's Awakening. And please, get the DX version if you hate black and white. But I prefer the DX version not being a fan of black and white.

T

TheWindFish

I just beat it and would have to say it's easier then OoT for me. But the story.......it'll change your life. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom